Weapon Mastery Testing

Discussion in 'Testing Feedback' started by spord, Apr 8, 2014.

1. The Johnny army New Player

Have to agree with this here. I believe the purpose of WM was to balance things out until the "awesome mechanic" for each power set was done and live and to make it an option between using the mechanic or WM. As it stands, there is almost no point in using powers. The weapon is doing the bulk of the damage and the buff to might damage is marginal.

Would there be any possibility of actually decreasing the precision damage on the combos in WM and buffing the might damage buff? Just to keep things balanced between both types of damage. For example, the weapon combo could be hitting as the non combo version (Solar Flame from 1H combo hold+hold doing the same damage as Solar Flame from Blasters hold+hold), with the might buff offered making it worthwhile to try to hit it in the right time.

I think WM is a fantastic new mechanic, but, like everything new, might need a few tweaks.
    • Like x 4
  2. The Johnny army New Player

I know Weapon Mastery is Live and this thread was meant for the testing part, but would it be a problem to use it as feedback, as well? This is simply because I can't find any thread to continue to offer feedback on this new mechanic...

As it stands now, WM might be creating even more unbalance between the different Power sets. Fact is precision based players are getting even bigger numbers from their use of WM for the simple fact that the weapon combos hit way harder that the power clip. The combos were given an off the charts buff, hitting on average 5k+ (in a might spec) with the power buff in the end getting no where near that average. I believe the most I've seen a power hit was 4k. There are specific conditions under which these might numbers can go above that (buffs, trinkets, supply drops), but those conditions affect the precision damage as well, with damage going into the 5 digits area. (sorry for the unscientific proof, this is just numbers that I remember off the top of my head, but judging by the forums, I'm not alone in these numbers).

My question is: Is it too late to still offer feedback? If it's not, another question: would it be possible to actually reduce the damage being done by the weapon combo and increase the might buff? This would offer a significant buff to might based power sets, bringing them closer to what precision based power sets can do through their normal use of powers and mechanics. I believe the point of WM was to bring out some balance to all different power sets, but as it stands now, it is not only unbalancing it even further in favour of the precision based sets, it is also promoting all sets to switch to a precision spec...
    • Like x 1
  3. Harlequin Devoted Player

How about giving the buffed Might damage the same insane crit range as the WM finisher? Seeing a 15k Frost Snipe once in a while would be pretty neat.

I do agree that the baseline buff needs to be, well, buffed. As it is, the precision damage far outweighs the might damage bonus we're seeing. All I find myself doing is setting up DOTs and a 50%+ modifier and spamming weapons, just like before.
    • Like x 3
  4. The Johnny army New Player

Yeah, there's a discussion about that already in the gameplay forum. That's just the thing, I am not using it that way because I want to use my powers, but I do realise I am limiting my damage by doing that. The method you are describing is far more efficient.

WM as is right now is actually buffing and promoting precision based specs, which were doing fine as it was, considering Precision damage already hit harder than Might damage (for little to no power). In the long term, it may even lead to trollers being pushed away, like what happened to Healers. Restoration was so buffed, the two healers runs (unfortunately) became a reason for suspicion... Controllers may end up going from "required" 3 (silly, if you ask me) to only 1.
  5. villian O5 New Player

Where are the notes that say what power can and cant be used with weapon mastery? I am looking for the in game notes not just on the forums. If you really made it so that weapon mastery does not work with 60% sc's and certain pets and nature poison it should say it.
    • Like x 1
  6. El Presidente Well-Known Player

They did mention it in the test notes: https://forums.station.sony.com/dcu...-update-36-amazon-fury-weapon-mastery.197806/

·Improved Pets: Being in control of an improved pet now prevents Weapon Mastery super power critical damage bonuses from applying. This currently affects Sorcery Fury and Guardian and Nature Swarm pets specifically.
    ·Applying a Poison Spore power interaction now prevents Weapon Mastery super power critical damage bonuses from applying for 12 seconds.
    • Like x 1
  7. villian O5 New Player

Please put everything about weapon mastery in game not just on the forum. Just need to list exactly what does not work with. Make it clear that it will still show that you did the wm combo but you won't get the effect for certain power. Then for the other powers that you wont get the wm combo light and noise at all.
    • Like x 1
  8. ErnieB Loyal Player

you always get a tell when you do the combo right with every power except superchargers and trinkets, if you don't hear a noise or see the light then you didn't time it right.
  9. villian O5 New Player

Obviously. Which is why my post is asking them to post in detail what won't give the effect and what will. I'm not asking anyone to directly post what works or doesn't. IM asking the people that can put what doesn't work on the description of weapon mastery when you are in game and looking to put it on a weapon.
  10. ErnieB Loyal Player

sorry for bothering to try and help you then, good luck with getting them to explain anything better btw, took 3 years to make a better tutorial and still it sucks.
  11. villian O5 New Player

exactly which is why i am trying to turn three years into now for this. Thank you for understanding.
  12. Ghaladh Dedicated Player

Some tweaks need to be made (animation, clipping and sound-wise) but... oh boy I am loving this weapon mastery! I mastered rifle and one-handed and I am on my way to master also dual guns. I can deal a hell of damage with my combos and as a controller I have a much easier time to give power to the DpS, since they are more prone to use the weapons rather than their powers. I love you guys! Thanks.
  13. Martian Reaver Well-Known Player

What do you mean? What kind of tell?
  14. Martian Reaver Well-Known Player

Weapon mastery seems to be a neat idea, but it doesn't seem to consistently work. Half the powers don't seem to actually match up to what the instructions say, which makes it less than ideal. For instance brawling into doom spin, you can sit there and tap then hold for a 3 count all day and it'll never happen. The shuriken storm seems to work consistently though.
  15. Remander Steadfast Player

That's the single hardest combo to hit. Even once I got it, I could only replicate it about 10% of the time. I think the timing is off.
  16. ErnieB Loyal Player

an orange circle with a noise.
  17. Martian Reaver Well-Known Player

Nope, never seen anything like that.
  18. Martian Reaver Well-Known Player

It seems to be pretty random. I have it fire up in the middle of combat when I am not trying at all, but with a practice dummy never happen.
  19. ErnieB Loyal Player

your are not doing it right then, that's the tell everyone gets if WM is done right, try to check video to see what you might be doing wrong.
  20. Martian Reaver Well-Known Player

I've seen the weapon mastery combos fire up just never seen anything like what you are describing. I've used shuriken storm off of brawling repeatedly and there's nothing like that. Are you maybe on a PS instead of a PC?