Weapon Mastery Testing

Discussion in 'Testing Feedback' started by spord, Apr 8, 2014.

1. Remander Steadfast Player

DLC access = feat point access, so Legendary players naturally have more SP potential, unless the premium player has actually purchased all the DLCs.

I think that's what he was getting at.
  2. Sore Steadfast Player

Great point. I was thinking he meant that WM was still tied to a DLC but I didn't want to assume that. Free players don't even have access to get past T3, so they have bigger things to worry about than SP, namely CR. In terms of Premium players and P2W/SP, I'm sure there'll be someone to make that complaint but I'm pretty sure the rest of us will be rolling our eyes at that person. You still have to unlock those SP. It's still Pay2Play2Win as it has been forever now.
  3. TheLoneLantern New Player

I had full venge and 130 SP as f2p. That sounds like enough to compete.
    • Like x 3
  4. Magnificent Loyal Player

It factors in because Freemiums have access to fewer SP than Legendary (except for those Premium players that have purchased every DLC) and thus, I imagine, they have fewer SP unlocked than your average Legendary. With SP on the verge of becoming much more sought out (which is a good thing) due to the greater returns WM will have (both from the Masteries themselves as well as the MASSIVE innates that will be with the WM change), each SP becomes more important. Those that have fewer SP's will need to decide whether they want the %increases or WM and the larger point-values those give. While making a choice in what you wish to lose in order to gain WM is a choice every player will have to make, it becomes a much more difficult choice when you don't have the extra SP available to keep all the good innates while still being able to afford WM.

And with that, once it goes Live, there will be many cries of pay-to-win and elitism as groups looking for DPS start requiring WM's.

Not saying it's bad, just saying that it's coming because it's something I haven't seen anyone take into consideration yet.
  5. Magnificent Loyal Player

Exactly.
  6. Certainlogic New Player

Like the changes to Skill tree info. Thanks for updating the combos.

Still wish there could have been better improvements to DP. DP still seems underpowered.
  7. Remander Steadfast Player

8. Stamen Dedicated Player

Subscribe! I don't know of a game out there that's free to play which will baby players into the best stats and gear in the game. It's cheaper than two trips to your favorite fast-food joint per month. I understand that may be too much for some, but that group probably have more important things to worry about than 40 skill points in a video game.

Not hating on anyone, but my heart isn't gushing sympathy over these posts about how freeiums will not receive every shiny object in the game.
    • Like x 3
  9. Certainlogic New Player

Yep, I agree with you.

Now that they are finally making SP useful. DLC feats should be worth it. Sub or buy the DLC.

Plus they kind of trying to balance the combat system.

Still hope DP get some kind of major overhaul.
  10. CrappyHeals Devoted Player

So whats up with the range attacks of wolf form..they play out backwards and if you repeat it, it only does one part of the attack over and over skipping the second part. Not to mention with it backwards its super awkward looking and most of the time just replays the same attack.
  11. Certainlogic New Player

Please add a point counter in each skill tree. So we don't have to keep track of how many points spent in each tree.
    • Like x 2
  12. MsTickle Fate Devoted Player

Handblaster's Weapon Mastery tooltip under the button says it requires "Launching Uppercut." The actual move is named simply "Uppercut." Anyone looking for "Launching Uppercut" won't find it.

Brawling's Weapon Mastery tooltip under the button says it requires "Stomp Smash." There's nothing like that. Apparently what's mean is the move called "Punt."
  13. Remander Steadfast Player

Stomp Smash is the ranged hold you get with the first point. Some list those as required, even though they aren't optional to spec that weapon.
    • Like x 1
  14. Larry New Player

Here is something I have noticed about WM and being used with a superpower. There is some powers that you are ablw to use the superpower and there is some that you are not able to use it with no matter what you do to obtain it. One being on Fire Mass Det with the time delay on it you can not get the crits for this super power as a dps no matter how hard you try to do it. So with this Mass Det does have a long cast time and is a super power hog but yet you should still be able to get the crit from this super power.
  15. Zeo Committed Player

I don't know if this already was being said but... the Weapon Mastery for Martial Arts: Uppercut Mastery, have a huuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuge delay (if you cancel to soon the damage won't apply) and also is so slow that enemies avoid just flying away or switching targets, I suggest that this attack should move your character further ahead, to avoid that.
  16. Dark Flareon New Player

the crit only applies to burst damage moves...damage over time and cast time moves wont get the crit, so for fire it would work with moves like detonate, fireball, meteor, wildfire, flashpoint etc
    • Like x 1
  17. Kristyana New Player

Pretty sure it's already been mentioned, but Shield still has the +15 Restoration in the first tier of innates and is now the only weapon that does.
  18. Kristyana New Player

19. Remander Steadfast Player

Well, that's just dumb.
  20. Remander Steadfast Player

Spord, I'm not sure if you've seen the commentary about WM in the other forums, but I have a request. As it stands now, the bulk of WM damage actually comes from the WM finishers, rather than the buffed might casts. For whatever reason, the crit magnitude on the finishers is tremendous. The damage probably averages 3-5k at 103 CR, but can be more than 13k at times. The buffed might casts rarely, if ever, equal even the lower end of that with a full might build. I got the impression from early discussions of WM that it was supposed to replicate the sort of risk vs. reward system of Celestial, Rage, and HL. It doesn't seem to be accomplishing that. If you miss the WM buff window, you don't actually lose that much damage. In fact, you might even be better off just clipping the tail end and going right back into another WM combo. What we have then is a system where your weapon damage overshadows your ability damage. So, my request is that you decrease the damage potential of the WM finishers and increase the might cast buff. That way, the bulk of the damage will actually come from the abilities, instead of the weapon attacks. This would make it more of a risk vs. reward system, like Celestial, Rage, and HL.
    • Like x 6