Weapon Mastery Testing

Discussion in 'Testing Feedback' started by spord, Apr 8, 2014.

1. spord Developer

Please post in this thread as you use weapon mastery on PC Test. We will be artificially increasing everyone's skill points so that you can properly test multiple weapons and get the cross weapon combos.
    • Like x 10
  2. Mepps Sr. Community Manager

Weapon Mastery is now available for early testing on the PC Test server!

Weapon Mastery!
    With Weapon Mastery, players will be able to spend skill points to master the weapon types and perform powerful cross-weapon combos.
    • You must spend 20 points in a weapon tree to unlock a weapon’s mastery.
    • You must master your primary (active) weapon and the combo weapons in order to unlock select combos.
    • Spend additional Skill Points to further increase your stats!
      • Note: Make sure you spend your skill points upping your crit chances to normal, live levels
    • Like x 15
  3. Samuiel Well-Known Player

Hello
    I opened Test Server but shows me that all words are down for maintenance .Is test server up or not?
    • Like x 1
  4. Harlequin Devoted Player

Just logged in and I have no additional SP, still 92.

From a cursory glance at the skill trees, WOW some of those stat boosts are noice!
    • Like x 2
  5. Penryn The Gadgeteer

"We will be artificially increasing everyone's skill points so that you can properly test multiple weapons and get the cross weapon combos."

I did not receive any extra skill points.
    • Like x 1
  6. Samuiel Well-Known Player

Alright is online.If all could have 252 SP would be great !
    • Like x 2
  7. TKMcClone Steadfast Player

Shouldn't it be realistic... like 150 or something 'normalish'
    • Like x 3
  8. Trinidad James Loyal Player

Psshh.. its the test server. we really need to be able to full test every kind of spec before live.
    • Like x 3
  9. Penryn The Gadgeteer

One Question:
    If I cast a power at the correct time after performing a Weapon Mastery combo in Controller role, I'm supposed to receive a Dominance buff. How much of a buff is it and how long does it last?

I was trying the Focused Blast->Solar Flare combo. My base Dominance is 1208. It jumps to 1274 for a few seconds if I time the combo correctly.

That doesn't seem very helpful for Controllers.
    • Like x 9
  10. Teflon Well-Known Player

I'm not seeing any crits when I time the powers correctly after the mastery combo.
    • Like x 2
  11. Magnificent Loyal Player

I logged in, got an extra 48 SP waiting on me :)

Using Staff, the requirment for Cleave Mastery is to unlock Cleave from the One-Handed list (no problem, that makes sense) but then it also requires unlocking Two-handed Mastery. Wut? Is this a bug, oversight or intended (if the latter, why)?

Also, using the moves does NOT increase Dom in Tank role (unless it lasts less than 2-3 seconds).

Another issue I am seeing, in Tank stance I am getting crits (balloons), in DPS stance I am not getting a single Crit. I haven't been able to get the timing down on the clipping bonus either (but then that might just be me).
  12. Penryn The Gadgeteer

The power crits I'm seeing from Weapon Master are a little bit higher than what I'm seeing from just casting the power. My Napalm Grenade is doing crits of ~1500 damage to the lair Sparring Target. If I do a Weapon Mastery combo, I'm seeing it crit for ~1700 at times.
  13. Penryn The Gadgeteer

Is this combo working correctly?

Handblasters Arrow Fling Mastery:
    Hold->Hold->Hold gives you Charged Blast->Meteor Blast->Arrow Fling. If you skip doing a power and continue to do Hold Range attacks, you go back to Meteor Blast. So, let's try Hold->Hold->Hold->Hold->Hold. That gives you Charged Blast->Meteor Blast->Arrow Fling->Meteor Blast->Arrow Fling. If you keep spamming hold range, you'll just keep repeating Meteor Blast->Arrow Fling.

Feedback on Brawling Doom Spin Mastery:
    The timing on this combo is awkward. If you wait a moment too long after doing Backfist, you'll do a lunge instead of going into Doom Spin. Also, it is awkward knowing when to cast a power after doing Doom Spin for the crit bonus. The Doom Spin animation takes some period of time to complete.
    • Like x 1
  14. BigAl Devoted Player

I'm not having any issue with the combos, but it was mentioned that you could choose the appearance of the combo weapon. I'm seeing no such option. Also, the crit chance at the end of the weapon combo has a very small window, doesn't it? Either my timing was off, or the window is very small. Only tested for a few minutes. Will test again tomorrow when I have more time.
    • Like x 2
  15. Penryn The Gadgeteer

The timing window is pretty tight. If you don't hit a power at a specific point in the animation, you aren't going to get the bonus. Like I mentioned with the Doom Spin combo, that tight window can be awkward too.
    • Like x 1
  16. Burning_Baron Loyal Player

What kinds of numbers are you seeing from the WM combos?
  17. Penryn The Gadgeteer

I haven't done enough testing to feel comfortable posting numbers at this point. Using the Brawling Home Run Mastery combo, I sometimes see 2000 damage doing the Home Run portion. Other times I'll see 4700 damage. I wouldn't use those numbers to establish a reliable range.

One nice thing about Weapon Mastery is that a lot of your regular weapon attacks gain extra precision damage ticks
  18. Zhouz Well-Known Player

With this last update to test, after buying the handlblaster mastery clipping solar flame with a superpower cancels the damage for solar flame (the white number never comes out)
    • Like x 1
  19. Superskull85 Devoted Player

Dual Pistols standard combos have changed slightly from live to test. On live you would be able to do:

Slip Shot -> Jump Shot -> Magnum Round or
    Slip Shot -> Magnum Round

On test you can only do the latter and then add in the Hand Blast combos. To keep the combo variety for Dual Pistols it would be nice if the Weapon Mastery combos worked as follows:

Jump Shot -> Magnum Round -> Meteor Blast (range tap -> melee hold -> range hold -> range hold)
    Slip Shot -> Magnum Round -> Solar Flame (range tap -> range hold -> range hold -> range hold)

The Solar Flame combo would not change but having the Meteor Blast combo include 2 range holds would allow for this variation still:

Slip Shot -> Jump Shot -> Magnum Round (current live combo) -> Meteor Blast (weapon mastery)

I am betting that that the combo above was not intended as it was not shown in the tooltip but it is nice on live to have and some players may have been accustomed to that combo.

Also the window for the Meteor Blast combo seems to be a little shorter compared to the rest. It seems that you only have 75% of the cast time for Jump Shot in order to get the Meteor Blast combo off.
    • Like x 2
  20. Brice Allen Loyal Player

Yeah this is just weird...all the final white damage is being canceled out if you clip the Weapon Mastery at all with all the combos I tried. Bug or intended?