WB/DC Cinematic Universe News

Discussion in 'Joker’s Funhouse (Off Topic)' started by aurorabenz07, Apr 14, 2016.

1. aurorabenz07 Loyal Player

Hey Everyone
    So a shocking update since the reveal of the planned Joker's origin which will not only be set apart from the DCEU, but produced by various people including Martin Scorcese . It seems WB/DC are now eyeing Leonardo DiCaprio as the Clown Prince of Crime.
    [IMG]
    • Like x 1
  2. DarkVisor 15000 Post Club

Actually, with that grin, can see DiCaprio playing a younger version of Nicholson's Joker
    Way better choice than Leto!
    • Like x 1
  3. DCUO Post Loyal Player

Shazam
    Salt shakers at the ready, That Hashtag Show claims that both wrestler John Cena and Galavant’s Joshua Sasse are the frontrunners to play Shazam, the superpowered adult form Billy Batson takes on when he cries out the magic word “Shazam!”.

• Like x 1
  4. DarkVisor 15000 Post Club

No, not Cena! Just because they are getting The cRock to play African-American Adam...
    • Like x 1
  5. willflynne 10000 Post Club

Between the choices they named, I'd be more inclined to see Cena. Joshua Sasse was great in Galavant, but I'm not sure he has the physical build to pull off a convincing Shazam/Captain Marvel (old habits die hard, I'll always think of that character as Captain Marvel LOL). It's especially tough imagining him as Captain Marvel when compared to someone the size/stature of The Rock.

Cena's got the build, and while I'm not 100% sure I think he could pull off the "kid in an adult's body" aspect of the character decently.

Of course, there's still the matter of DC needing to show they can do more than one good super hero film to deal with, but that's big picture stuff. LOL
    • Like x 1
  6. DarkVisor 15000 Post Club

Not denying Cena has the physique, just doesn't have the look or personality (maybe as little Billy Batson... )
    • Like x 1
  7. Ankh_Legacy Devoted Player

That's not really a viable dig at the ethnicity of who's playing Adam. Considering Adam is Egyptian and with Egypt being on the northeastern corner of the African continent, technically that makes Adam African.

Now if you went for the Rock's islander heritage that would be more inline with a good dig.
    • Like x 1
  8. DarkVisor 15000 Post Club

Who said it was a dig at anyone's ethnicity? o_O
    • Like x 1
  9. aurorabenz07 Loyal Player

True but not for nothing Cena made me laugh in the movie Trainwreck. So I guess, he can play a man child
    • Like x 1
  10. DarkVisor 15000 Post Club

Except, Billy's not a man-child, he's just a child
    • Like x 1
  11. aurorabenz07 Loyal Player

Yes but the studio and producers of the Shazam movie said that a kid will be cast as Billy Batson while an adult actor or in this case Cena will play Captain Marvel. Going by that Cena or whoever is finally cast will have to act like a kid in a grown mans body. Just think the movie Big but with superpowers
    • Like x 1
  12. DarkVisor 15000 Post Club

Hmm, never viewed Shazza as being a kid-in-an-adults-body, if anything, Billy aged along with his body, not sure how that would work, but not simply a kid's mind in an adult body
    • Like x 1
  13. aurorabenz07 Loyal Player

True but from past interviews, the producers sounded while they're using the comics as a source material, they're going with an adaptation similar to how Captain Marvel was portrayed in Justice League Unlimited where Captain Marvel had a very optimistic viewpoint that bordered on being too naive (then again he was still in grade school) which caused him to be manipulated in fighting Superman.

Still, I wouldn't mind seeing a happy go lucky Billy and the Marvel family
    • Like x 1
  14. willflynne 10000 Post Club

As goofy as it is, it was this Hefty ad that got me thinking Cena could pull off the whole "someone in a different body" kind of thing that happens with the Billy/Captain Marvel transformation. LOL

• Like x 2
  15. aurorabenz07 Loyal Player

Hey Everyone
    A Suicide Squad 2 update. It seems David Ayer who directed the first film is out and Gavin O' Connor who did the movies Warrior and The Accountant will be directing and writing the sequel. Only worry now is hopefully, this time around the film won't be edited by a team of monkeys
    [IMG]
    • Like x 1
  16. DarkVisor 15000 Post Club

Who's the dude next to Kangaroo Quinn? o_O
    And don't mean Kaptain Kangaroo next to the Lizard, the other side
    • Like x 1
  17. aurorabenz07 Loyal Player

You mean EL Diablo?
    • Like x 1
  18. aurorabenz07 Loyal Player

Hey Everyone,
    Just a TITANS tv show update. It seems the big bad will draw inspiration from the recent animated movie Justice League vs Teen Titans where The Acolyte will be after Raven to exploit her power for himself or his master Trigon
    [IMG]
    • Like x 1
  19. DarkVisor 15000 Post Club

Isn't he the one with the skull full-head tattoo? Between that chick from The Ring and Kaptain Kangarooter? o_O
    • Like x 1
  20. Ankh_Legacy Devoted Player

You and your renaming.

That's Slipknot and just as in the original comic, Boomerang tricked him into trying to escape and gets his head blown off. He has maybe 2 minutes of screen time.
    • Like x 1