Ways to Improve Electric Healing

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Amanda Bailey, Dec 4, 2015.

1. SSeid Committed Player

For one you can't even make a proper loadout for the power you are whinning about.

Then you encouraged the use of Castime heals... which well is not a sign of a good player. Perhaps you are not as horrible as your posts make you appear but using any castime heals from any powers mean you are missing out other vital stuff making you a bad player.
    Again among your peers you might be a godly healer but given what you write in your posts here you seem to have a profound lack of knowledge when it comes to healing and even more when it comes to Elec healing .. your inability to make a loadout with it is proof enough.
  2. DrTyme Well-Known Player

Electricity is fine even on the dps side. The dps side will fall behind on adds when compared to ones like ice that do the heavy damage instantly while electric has to build up, on boss fights electric dps can do heavy damage in the right hands and with paying attention, a few minor tweaks would be great like duration of the pi. the big reason you don't see as many is because the scoreboard is deceiving and makes the power look weak, and most people need to be top dps
    Electric healing is fine normally I'll inform the group I'm electric because proximity boosts heals decreasing my power use to heal, and as my leaguemates always say, can't heal stupid, which stupid seems to be on the upswing.
  3. DrTyme Well-Known Player

A load out with cast times may work with their playstyle better than others, that's what's great about healing and electric heals you can shape it to how you play, and find what works for you. Depending on the group or how active I want to be I'll use some cast times I change my load up based off the group and how I want to play. Just because it's not how you play doesn't mean it's wrong, unless not a single power is actually a healing power
    • Like x 2
  4. Amanda Bailey Devoted Player

For you, my love. Know your master ;)
  5. Ant Tao Well-Known Player

In theory dot is good against bosses. In reality, the damage ticks are still too low
    • Like x 1
  6. DrTyme Well-Known Player

keeps me up with other dps, but if people are that worried increase might tick damage then boom electric and nature are op
  7. SSeid Committed Player

Well master...

• 0:28 That is not how or when you use Galvanize. ( Only one needed healing, you used a large group heal. )
    • 0:35 You wiped the group by dying from the book.. A sign of greatness I'm sure.
    • 2:33 That is not how or when you use Galvanize. ( It is not a tank heal power. )
    • 2:55 That is not how or when you use Galvanize. ( Only one needed healing, you used a large group heal. )
    • 3:03 That is not how or when you use Galvanize. ( Only one needed healing, you used a large group heal. )
    • 3:08 That is not how or when you use Galvanize. ( Only one needed healing, you used a large group heal. )
    • 3:13 That is not how or when you use Galvanize. ( Only two needed healing, you used a large group heal. )
    • 3:18 That is not how or when you use Galvanize. ( No-one needed healing. You used a large group heal. -.- )
    • 3:33 That is not how or when you use Galvanize. ( Only one needed healing, you used a large group heal. )
    • 3:42 Not the best of groups.. Refrain from going in with bad players if you want to prove something is not working properly.
    • 4:32 Love the inventory so clean and tidy :)
    • 4:58 That is not how or when you use Galvanize. ( No-one needed healing. You used a group heal. You did heal the pets though.. Great.)
    • 5:06 That is not how or when you use Galvanize. ( No-one needed healing. You used a large group heal. -.- )
    • 5:28 That is not how or when you use Galvanize. ( No-one needed healing. You used a large group heal. -.- )
    • 6:09 That is not how or when you use Galvanize. ( It is not a single heal, you don't use it to heal on person.. especially yourself. )
    • 8:47 That is a perfect example of why you need Flux ( The group shield, learn to use Bio-Cap correctly ).
    • 8:59 That is not how or when you use Galvanize. ( It does not heal everyone fully therefore you do not use it when someone is revived. )
    • 9:27 That is not how or when you use Galvanize. ( It is not used to heal the tank.. )
    And so on.. I got bored of making notes after that....

Lets review.. oh great master.

You have been spamming heals to heal a tank that happens to be Rage. Another sign of a great player.
    You wiped your group in the second boss.

General advice: Try to heal when people actually need healing, it will eliminate power management problems.

Galvanize is a Large Group Healing power. It heals a lot of people when they need a lot of healing. Think of it as Blossom from Nature. It's a group panic button, the only difference is that you have to carefully position yourself before you use it to maximize its effect.
    You don't spam it, you never spam it. That is one of the reasons you have power management problems, you spam random powers at random times.. not that you had any power problems in this run.
    You don't use it to heal yourself unless everything else is on cooldown and Elec has very fast cooldowns.. so you don't use it for one person. Especially for yourself or the tank.
    Galvanize heals a lot only when a lot of people need healing.. It is one of the rare occations that the tooltip is actually right. It gets stronger with every person healed. It means it needs a lot of people to need healing for you to consider using it.

Learn to use Bio-Cap. Half the heals you have casted could have been avoided if you knew how to use it.
    You need the group Shield, several deaths could have been avoided if you had it. The fact that you don't know how to use Bio-Cap properly is only further proof that YOU desperately need Flux in your loadout.( Switch E-Bust with Flux not Bio-Cap.. just to be safe. )

E-Burst is a horrible healing power in most situations. Once again Elec healing is all about positioning.. kind of like Sorcery. Only with Elec both you and the group need to be on the right spot. E-Burst causes Electrified enemies to heal over time group members close to them. It is a great PvP power but has little value in PvE as it ends up doing an insignificant HoT on the tank. It does not compete with Flux when it comes to usefulness.
    That is why you did not see any HoTs from it to the group most of the time. It is not broken, it is simply you having no clue how to heal with this power.

Overall thank you master for providing proof that you are a bad healer. Perhaps Celestial or Nature are more akin to your, what the hell lets call it "skill". Less room for error I guess.

Anyway you don't know how Elec healing works, perhaps you can learn and then start asking for buffs or nerfs. Elec healing needs only one thing greater Range and even that is not very important unless doing Oan/Fos SM.
  8. Amanda Bailey Devoted Player

What you didn't notice is that some of the heals didn't render, like galvanize. You claim it's not used to heal tanks but when it has large crits and it can clip electroburst it's a pretty massive heal. Just because YOU disagree doesn't mean it's false. Listen, you don't have to be so rude, sarcasm is wanted because it's funny but you don't have to be rude. If so I'll just add you to ignore.
  9. mtanasas Well-Known Player

omfg, dps needs work and now healing too?!

of all the powers i loved :(
  10. SSeid Committed Player

At least bother enough to read.. you might learn something.

E-burst is a HoT that only affects people close to the targets/enemies that are Electrified.. you got very little out of it because people did not hug the adds/bosses all the time. Galvanize and E-burst used in sequence have no added effect. It's just a clip that makes E-burst lose the animation. You did see heals from Galvanize, but since you spammed it and used it when almost none needed to be healed you only got one small number from it if at all.
    Galvanize needs people to heal and heals in return in their vicinity and so on.. it's a chain. If you use it and not a single person in it's initial range is in need of healing then it will not have any effect as it needs to heal someone in order for the chain to start.

I'm sorry but "Know your master" is far more rude than anything I have stated. Especially when you are the one in need of learning.

The only reason you have problems with Elec is because you have no knowledge on how to use it.. it is not a bad thing, but stop pretending you know, and even if you have a theoretical know-how you just provided a video with proof that you don't know what to do and when.

It's about me disagreeing with how you play.. The way you play is not the optimal, it is like reling on Watcher to heal in a raid.. You never do, he/it is the icing on the cake.
    Play as you want.. But you have to know that you play wrong if your goal is to use Elec healing to the max. What you do is fine as long as you understand that it's far from the optimal.

Feel free to add me on ignore, that does not change that you are in need of learning how and when to heal with this power and seeing the rest of the comments in this thread, it's either people that have no idea what to do and when much like yourself or people that simply dismiss your claims.. I tried to explain what you did wrong in the vid your provided and how things work, if you believe you are perfect and you have nothing to learn at all then by all means.. ignore me.
  11. DrTyme Well-Known Player

I use both fine, against a group of adds I get slaughtered in damage because they're dead by the time I get it set up, against a boss I keep up so no I won't be number one on the scoreboard. But I'm still doing damage while picking up the ice dps that got too close
  12. Amanda Bailey Devoted Player

I don't really give a damn what you have to say about my healing. I can solo heal an end content raid with electricity, that is not a bad healer, I don't care what anyone says. Who are you?? Tell me, when is that right time to use galvanize ol' wise one? I doubt you know, so please just shut up and take your trolling and unintelligence elsewhere.
  13. SSeid Committed Player

Rage is a sign or desperation.

Anyhow I explained it 2 times already in 2 posts ( one of which you made this answer to ), I also told you when you should not use it ( again in the post you just answered ).

Of course you can heal, but you can do it by spamming powers randomly and crossing your fingers hoping it works or you can do it by actually using the appropriate ability at the appropriate time. So far you do it the first way.. with a bit of luck it works but it' s always better not to rely on luck.

Since you find reading a challenge greater than healing.. I quoted myself.

14. aortenruptur Well-Known Player

I don't agree how (and sometimes what) you telling him!
    BUT that was a good troll post. Damn, it made me laugh :rolleyes:

#
  15. Elusian Crowd Control

The only thing I find annoying is the Bio-Charge animation being pretty meh in all that clusterf... of animation tht is going on to identify sometimes. Wouldnt even mind to just expand Bio-Capacitors Bio-Charge "PI" to 8 ppl (the heal still stays for 4 ppl ofc) so I don't have to keep track on the effect and the extra-heal range is nice tho.
    • Like x 2
  16. TestReporter Loyal Player

lol, this is why there are no new good players, when someone try to give u a good feedback, u just tell the guy to shut up...
  17. Sage-Rapha Steadfast Player

Amanda, I love you. I really do. You're great with Sorc and other powers, but this wasn't really your strong suit at all. It's like night and day when you Heal with Sorc and Elec.
    I dont think that video was your best healing at all.
    SSeid has a point. You didn't use Galvanize effectively or efficiently.

The only thing I would change is Arc Lightning not being so random and a pet peeve with Electrogenesis.
    I think Electricity is fine and can be very power saavy in the right hands
    • Like x 1
  18. Nephirido New Player

For Me, Electric heal is fine either solo heal or dual heal, but I agree with the electrogenesis aura that doesn't jump and heal nearby allies but I don't bother with that, I only use it in duo.

This is my Loadout :
    Electroburst -
    Arc Lightning -
    Bio Capacitor -
    Bio Surge -
    Galvanize -
    Invigorate (Super charge) or flux shield.

Bio Cap/Surge - I use them this way: I cast Bio Capacitor before fight starts and it can also be used in battle as priority heal. heals any 3 allies with the lowest health and replenish their bio aura ( grants bio charge) on them.

Arc Lightning/ Electroburst - I use Arc lightning to electrify all enemies within the area ( most especially the enemies on the tank). Then I use Electroburst for instant heal ( only heal allies close to any nearby enemy), the more enemy electrified, the more heal I do and it does heal over time.
    *Note- Electroburst only work if enemy is electrified, it's heal is beast if used well.

Galvanize - This one is easy, I drop it within range of all allies and also does heal over time. Either it grows in strength or not it doesn't really matter to me as long as team is fine. But yh sometimes it's grows in strength with each ally healed, sometimes it doesn't.

Invigorate ( super Charge): Does heal over time and grants bio charge to all group members.
    I use this only when I cant keep up with heals most especially when troll is down and not enough power or when soda is on cool down and no supply drop.

Flux Shield: Pop shield on group members whenever I can, also lower power cost on heals.

I always use Flux shield in duos and alerts, in raids I choose between that and Invigorate. raids like BDn, or elite, I use SC on last boss because my shield breaks easily.

Arc lightning + Electroburst and galvanize does help for heavy healing and heal overtime
    Bio Charge does auto heal every few minutes I think each time it's cast, not too sure but sometimes I do notice it does auto heal, also with restorative adapter ( weapon Socket white mod).

I don't really use much power with all my heal overtime and I try to manage power depending on how much troll can give out.

***** Works on range or Mid range, Galvanize requires you to be close to team members, arc + electro and bio doesn't, as long as there is any enemy close to an ally, he/she will get healed from electroburst

Tactical Mods
    - Restorative adapter
    - Focused restoration
    - Reserve Tank
    - Empowered Channelling ( just when I feel like using iconic drain)

Those are my main mods, for back and feat I use whatever I feel like but I prefer this:
    Explosive block
    Breakout Regeneration or Breakout Protection

Base Restoration is 14950, sp 168, health is around 20k or so for survival
  19. Nephirido New Player

Forgot to mention I use Brawling WM quick and also WM reduce power cost.
    Arc Lightning + Electroburst heals so much for mid range dps and tank