Ways to Improve Electric Healing

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Amanda Bailey, Dec 4, 2015.

1. Makineko Committed Player

I've tried all heal powers except electricity

Nature is a the easiest out of the heal powers due to spores and stuns but the least fun imo
    Sorcery is good fun and a solid dps and healing all round power. More versatile then people make it out to be too.
    Celestial stands as my favourite though. Get your dps crits as well as your heal crits, pop on a few bits of dps gear and McB and I love getting up close and personal with MA. Can melee most content with that setup and also can hit for about 1.5 mill plus in both t7a2 and 3 (can hit around 2 mill damage on a good run). For T7 Raids I don't battle heal though, I switch McB over for the inst heal and play it safer with full heal gear. Definitely my favourite power for both dps and heal sides.
  2. SpicyMoonlight Devoted Player

Arc Lightning and Ionic Drain don't count?
    • Like x 1
  3. Derio 15000 Post Club

In most situations arc lightning does not spread far enough and Ionic Drain cast time is equal to Guardians light, and other long cast big heal moves. Which in today's gameplay is far too slow.

If you compare those moves to other moves like ritualistic word or admonish which is a 4 man heal with wide range, those moves are far superior to arc lightning.
    • Like x 2
  4. DulcesS Well-Known Player

I've switched to Electricity for the first time after 3 years playing DC. I'm liking it. The both dps and healer are better than I was expecting. Not a top dps though, but I can keep up with other dps. Yesterday we did an awesome BD elite run. So now. Please, stop arguing and enyoy the Electricity...

• Like x 1
  5. Amanda Bailey Devoted Player

Arc Lightning has a slow casting time but it's clippable with one of the burst heals. Ritualistic word does a burst, HoT, and restores powers to the watcher. Any wise healer uses admonish to blight, so that's a nice hot right there, too. I've noticed that when Arc Lightning crits, it CRITS nicely but that's kinda redundant given how much health players, aside from tanks, have.

Also, I would like to add, it is possible to use moves like Invocation of Renewal, Guardians Light, and Bloom in end content but the trick is to place as many hots as possible then use it.

So, for Sorcery it would be: Shard of Life > Ritualistic Word > Invocation of Renewal.
    Nature: Harvest > Metabolism > Cross Pollination > Bloom
    Celestial: Admonish:Blight > Consume Soul > Guardians Light.
    Electricity: Arc Lightning > Electroburst (Although it's a burst mostly) >Electrogenesis (Only effects one other persons) > Ionic Drain, but given the bursts and not so many hots, good luck oulling that off. either it'll be too late or too soon.
  6. Amanda Bailey Devoted Player

If players have to constantly move to heal, that really restricts Weapons and WM use, and we all know how power hungry Electricity is, right?

I agree, Electroburst is great for Tanks. I love using it and clipping with Galvanize near a Rage crashed Tank and it fills him/her up, especially if it crits omggggg it's beauty!

Just so we are clear, given some of the responses in the thread, I'm not really saying nerf this nerf that. People play the way they want to play and Electricity restricts that by a lot. There should more healing options, if you're all about that burst life, you can have it. If you're all about the hot life, you can have it too. There are plenty of moves to spare to make everyone happy. A few comments say the lack of Electric healers is because of the lack of electric dps, which is true but not entirely the truth. Let's all keep in mind how toxic the community is, too! Toxic. Electricity is power hungry at the most but no one has concrete evidence stating why there aren't many so it may in fact be the crappy dps side but it could also be the crappy healing side that bores people because it's just "oh someones health is low! *Burst Heal* that's better, now back to just spamming weapon attacks" there's not much going on there.
    • Like x 1
  7. SpicyMoonlight Devoted Player

I really don't feel electric is power hungry. I let people's health linger before I burst though. I use tap>hold WM with my DW and I really don't ever have a problem with power. I could also clip every single power on my bar if need be. I just know from having played sorcery and electric that both are used differently. If anything, sorcery is more power hungry than electric to me.
  8. DulcesS Well-Known Player

It's power hungry because most players can't avoid spamming 3 or 4 heals without even need it, being one of their favs Galvanize and even when they're out of range. Making it a total waste of power. Use WM and heal when you really need to, problem solved.
    • Like x 2
  9. Amanda Bailey Devoted Player

And to add a perfect example. Let us take a look at Earth. The DPS side of Earth is absolutely beast but, where are the Earth Tanks? I hardly see any. They're either Ice, Atomic, or Rage but I hardly ever see an Earth Tank and I pug and also run with Leagues.

The DPS side of Electricity is bad and so is the Healing side. The DPS side of Earth is great but the Tank side is obviously bad or too hard/complicated for a mass majority of players IF the number of Earth Tanks is lacking. Also, just because you're good at something doesn't mean it's not broken or needs a slight buff or revamp. Electricity is power hungry and it relies on burst heals so that makes it's complicating. I for one, HATE trolling for an electric healer because it makes me feel like a complete battery whereas if it were one of the other three healing powers, it's relatively easy.

Electricity needs a fix, on both aspects of the power, DPS and Healing.
  10. Veritech Loyal Player

Before Crystal got the Bane Venom treatment, the Earth population was very low, lowest of all the powers at 2%. That 2% all tanked, it was rare to see one then because of the low population.

Since the pet buff, all the new to Earth are all about the pew pew. No denying it, straight up scoreboard chasers. Last time I checked the Earth population was around 9% which is a very big boost from what it was when at its lowest. None of these token tools care for support.

The same Earth that tanked back then are the same ones tanking now, although sadly we've lost many to the new shiny tank power called Atomic.
  11. Veritech Loyal Player

As for the elec healing, it's not that power hungry. The only reason people waste power with elec is clipping powers when not needed. I'm guilty myself of clipping arc with bio-surge out of habit.
    I can run DPe no troll with no wipes and keeping the wired buff on everyone while using the least power of the whole group when I put power conservation as priority.
    • Like x 1
  12. Unida Dedicated Player

over-healing is the biggest contributor to power issues in elec. i remember going from Nature, which was rather forgiving re power even before bug+hive, and having to change up my healing style something massive.
    BUT
    As I should have too....

Every power isnt the same, the variety makes the game, and life in general, fun. Elec healing is about a 15% of the powers issues, the 85% is DPS.
  13. megamanzero Loyal Player

electric healing is fine. if you find it power hungry then you're probably not using it right. it might require more skill than sorc or nature healing but that shouldn't be a bad thing...some people just don't want to put in any effort. smh
  14. mexmex Dedicated Player

To be honest I think the healer side is just fine maybe a little to much of power hungry, but i had healed UME solo healer and BDE it seems to work fine in tje ither hand as DPS 146cr the solo is a nightmare, really bad it sucks all the way and is a shame since it is the power with the best animations bu far
    • Like x 1
  15. SSeid Committed Player

Another sign that you are not a good player.. That part about encouraging castime heals on a previous post is sad.

Earth tanking is perfect.. especially when it comes to hard stuff such as SM. You have enough trouble being a deluded "good" healer .. seriously castimes -.-
    Spare us your worthless opinion on tanking.
    It is not a stretch to imagine that just like you are not a good healer so are others therefore giving power to an electric healer that could be inferior even to you will be a challenge. That does not mean that the power has a problem. Much like 99% of nature healers overheal, it's the nature :p of the power that make it easier to overheal. Same thing happens with Elec. Because you don't see HoTs you overuse the single heals resulting in more power being used. It is not the power at fault it is the player.

The dps side.. no arguing there. It desperatelly needs a revamp/buff.
  16. Amanda Bailey Devoted Player

Where do you get this assumption I'm a bad healer? The most important question would be, Where is your proof? :) I'll be waiting for your snarky reply :*
  17. Heavens Sword Dedicated Player

Make Electrocute heal, for DPS make Galvanize damage, end of story.
    • Like x 1
  18. Amanda Bailey Devoted Player

I agree! Electroburst needs to cast a hot without needing to be applied to an electrocuted enemy.
  19. Heavens Sword Dedicated Player

Talking about the stormcloud, not the footstomp.
  20. comrade sonya Committed Player

One change I'd like to see is allowing e-gen to be applied to everyone who has a bio charge on them. It would continue the idea of bio charges making powers apply to more people than normally allowed. It would increase our HOTs without changing the power into something it's not.
    • Like x 2