Ways to Improve Electric Healing

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Amanda Bailey, Dec 4, 2015.

1. Amanda Bailey Devoted Player

[IMG]

I'm back and ready to talk about Electricity... again! I still see a sense of unbalance throughout the Healing powers. Sorcery, Celestial, Nature, and Electricity. I'm not going to go into any numbers or huge details but just a quick "why it should be power efficient and easier to play with" and some powers that may be bugged and some powers that should be improved!

Bugged Powers:

Voltage Tree:

• Electrogenesis- "Depending on your role, create a damaging aura on your 2 closest enemies, or a healing aura on yourself and your closest group member. The auras will extend a portion of their effects to those nearby."
    • Problem: The auras do not seem to be working properly. I have moved very close to teammates with lower health and they only receive HoTs from Galvanize and Electroburst. The auras from Electrogenesis do not seem to be healing players outside of the initial two players with the auras.
    • Electroburst- "Blast out a wave of electricity, knocking down your target." [Healer Role] Electrified enemies will Heal nearby allies.
    • Problem: Electroburst does not always heal nearby allies. I usually have to soam it 3 to 4 times before I can get a heal out but, sometimes using it once gets a heal out. Enemies are indeed Electrified when Electroburst is used a second time but, still no heal.
    • Ionic Drain: Drain ions from enemies or the environment to replenish yours and up to 7 group members' Health. Your targets are continuously damaged and finally, knocked down.
    • Problem: Takes too long to Heal; Worthless for End content along with Invocation of Renewal, Bloom, and Guardians Light. I see Healers constantly criticized for using these moves.
    Amperage Tree:

• Galvanize: "Create a wave of electrical energy to heal yourself and all allies within range, growing in strength with every ally healed."
    • Problem: Doesn't always grow in strength with every ally healed. Sometimes it does a massive heal to four players, sometimes it heals like, 15% of their max health. Same applies to any amount. Health restoration varies and there's no way to "predict" how much health it will restore; therefore makes it seemingly unreliable to heal with because it's power cost is hefty along with its unpredictability. By far, the most hated healing power in my book.

My biggest concern with Electric Healing: IT ONLY HAS 8 HEALTH RESTORING POWERS; 2 OF WHICH ARE SUPERCHARGES. Improve some of the powers so they're fun, also. Electricity has some really nice graphics and many of them never see the light of day again after 30 and players learn what the most powerful powers are for healing or dps'ing. The almost worthless ones could be healings moves. HELLO

CELESTIAL: 14 Health Restoring powers.
    SORCERY: 12 Health Restoring powers.
    NATURE: 10 Health Restoring powers.
    ELECTRICITY: 8 Health Restoring powers.
    Will Water only have 6?

My current loadout on my Electric Healer is:
    1. Arc Lightning
    2. Electrogenesis
    3. Galvanize
    4. Bio-Capacitor
    5. Bioelectric Surge
    6. Electroburst

Elysia Bailey is my Electric Healer.

Fix Electricity for the first time since you've released it. That's all!
    • Like x 4
  2. Aqua Surge Loyal Player

i'm reading this now, but the damage side needs to be improved. a 10k dot isn't awesome at all. Takes too long an adds die fast. It takes electric 15 secs to do damage.
    • Like x 1
  3. Black Jaq Devoted Player

Or...maybe you don't know how to use Electricity properly. Electroburst removes PI so you must reapply. Common mistake. If you really want to prove your points, provide video.

I'm not trying to be overly rude, but by my count, Nature and Electricity both have 7 healing powers. There are no direct heals from Hive Mind or bug form.
    • Like x 2
  4. Amanda Bailey Devoted Player

I wasn't referring to hive mind or bug form, so maybe you should launch the game and look at the nature powers just like I did, and I didn't say 9, I said 10. Any power that restores health is a health restoring power.

I think it's hilarious that you automatically assume I don't know how to use Electricity. Not just hilarious, quite stupid to be perfectly honest. Healing is what I do, it's what I always have done, it's what I will always do. Trust me if I say it's unbalanced or not fun because when it comes to healing, I'm usually right!
  5. Amanda Bailey Devoted Player

I agree. The damage side too is bad. Would be nice if someone (doesn't have to be you) could give some feedback to the Devs about what needs to be fixed but this power has been revamped and updated so many times it's ridiculous it's a nice power gone to ****.
  6. Here2Help Devoted Player

Electric is perfectly fine for healing. It is capable of healing through any endgame content and any hard feats you may be trying. What needs to be looked at is the DPS side.
    • Like x 3
  7. SpicyMoonlight Devoted Player

I love Electric Healing. I love Electric DPS too, it's just a lil weakish
  8. krytine Loyal Player

Both side of electric needs rework and believe it or not I have seen the range of galvanize changed several times with no posting or notification from the game devs. Plus electrogen would be better suited if it healed you and your furthest ally slash group member. And small twiks to the game the devs may not tell us about so every couple of months just test out some other healing powers in your tree
  9. Black Jaq Devoted Player

Savage Growth, Harvest, Blossom, Bloom, Cross Pollination, Roar and Metabolism. = 7
    Bioelectric Surge, Electrogenesis, Ionic Drain, Electroburst, Arc Lightning, Biocapacitor, Galvanize = 7.
    • Like x 2
  10. Lightnings Revenge Committed Player

you see healing is good but it struggles strongly but i mastered the messed up skill of only 8 healing power in both trees like i have asked for new healing powers out of the dps powers like for example electrocute should have a healing version where it lets out blue bolts and gives a medium damage with hot burst healing that which would be incredible. so i'm not saying dps does not need a update i'm saying the healing role for electric is well over do but first get rid of the dps mambo jumbo which is ruining powers
  11. Lightnings Revenge Committed Player

COULDN'T OF SAID IT BETTER. Tell me why i have made post about this people be like dps dps dps like supports roles need love too like the electric healing side is so small compared to other powers .

my special loadout : bio electric surge , bio cap, galvanize , ionic drain, group transducer , invigorate\
    my everything loadout :bio ele , bio cap arc lightning, galvanize , flux, invigorate
  12. Black Jaq Devoted Player

Electrogenesis healing in action:

Active but out of range
    [IMG]

Active and in range
    [IMG]

Because the aura won't go on an NPC. I am in DPS gear, not healer gear which is why the HoT is low. I am also pushed out to max range of the aura. The only thing I would push for with Electrogenesis is some visual interpretation of the radius of the aura. The Circle of Destiny has the large circle visual but when the HoT is applied, they get the white sparkles.
    • Like x 3
  13. WildcatHunter Committed Player

Its another learning curve please dont continue to make all powers identical. There has been to much change already. Some powers are meant to heal with hots some use burst and some use a mix of both. Some tanks are active some need to turtle some do both. I was reading a post earlier on testing feedback where a player wants mental to have a burst dmg with no setup to be like other instant burst dps. If electric healing isnt broke why would it need to be fixed? Easiest solution is for you to use an easier power. Most people cant rage tank but rage tanking isnt broken. Now elec dps now thats broken.
    • Like x 1
  14. Amanda Bailey Devoted Player

I've met nice electric dps. Anyways, this thread is about electric healing not electric dps
    • Like x 1
  15. Amanda Bailey Devoted Player

It is pretty weak. Galvanizes HoT is ridiculous if you ask me. It's like a .01% heal back to teammates and NPC's. Why does it have to be so low? Electricity needs more HoT's, it has enough instant health restore powers but it could definitely use more HoT's
  16. Amanda Bailey Devoted Player

The Devs are good at making things complicated, which is why the game has gone to hell and back multiple times. Electrogenesis should just effect four players instead of "put an aura on yourself and someone else those next to him or her is healed over time" but it doesn't say how much; are players healed the same amount nearby vs having the aura? Did you try electroburst out?
  17. Amanda Bailey Devoted Player

But that's ok because of Nature's AM. They can spam heal after heal and use little power, but let an Electric healer do that. I understand that it's fun and challenging but other people deserve the right to enjoy it too. I enjoy it but, I hate when people hate my electric healer, I hate the lack of electric healers, and people probably refuse to buy that DLC because that whole DLC can be slipped, for free!, and Electric Healing and DPS is pretty bad. The Devs contradict themselves yet again...
    • Like x 1
  18. xD25x Dedicated Player

The only issue is electric has always been a burst heal power. Which is odd because its not a birst damage power. Ive been saying electric should be burst for awhile but thats for another thread. Electric to me is the most fun healer power and i havent had any problem solo healing any content cept maybe survival mode but even then an electric paired with a nature or celestial healer work well together. Electricity is my favorite power in the game and needs work on the dps side but the healer side is fine it just takes a little bit longer to master.
    • Like x 3
  19. Black Jaq Devoted Player

Make it a four person HoT and you make the power worthless, because it's essentially two Circles of Protection. What distinguishes CoP is that you don't need to stay in the Circle, you merely need to step through it to receive heals.

What do you want me to show with Electroburst? When you first hit a target with a power, it gets the Electrified PI. When you hit Electroburst, the PI is replaced with a similar effect on the target that shows much bigger and you get some blue effects. Until the larger Electroburst effect disappears, you can re-electrify and but can't use Electroburst again. The Electroburst effect is around 8 seconds. It is, however, very hard to tell if something has been Electrified when the Electroburst effect is active.
    • Like x 2
  20. Amanda Bailey Devoted Player

I don't want to toot my own horn but I'm great at healing with all four powers and many, many people can second that statement but for some reason, Electricity in raids is terrible for me. I can solo heal with every other power but in raids, it's just so difficult and it stresses the troll out (I look at his or her power bar frequently). This is why I believe there's something wrong with it. I've tanked, trolled, dps'd, and healed every raid in this game and Electric healers are rare and not many groups want them. I still get asked my power when entering some groups. just a little tired of the discrimination.

Edit: Run more things with me and you'll understand what I mean, Mike B!!! Didn't even know it was you when replying, if so woulda been a lot meaner ;) jk but seriously, run more things with me so I can show you. I'm buying a ps4 today (hopefully) so I'll be at max potential (hopefully!!)
    • Like x 1