Ways to Improve Electric Healing

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Amanda Bailey, Dec 4, 2015.

1. Amanda Bailey Devoted Player

It won't be worthless if it just effects 4 players and no one else. A lot of end content raids require players to spread out, which makes electrogenesis pretty useless because it can only effect the healer and one other person. A four person HoT would be much, much better. Not to mention, Electricity really needs a power reduction or at the very least some type of AM like Nature.

Electroburst is just weird. With so many PI's it's nearly impossible to tell if an enemy is Electrified or not. I noticed when using Arc Lighting prior to using Electroburst, the Electrifed PI is there so that's nice to know but it really should be more visible. Galvanize gives a small tick (50-100), Electroburst gives a moderate tick (100-300), and Electrogenesis gives a very nice tick (500-1000) but honestly, Electricity being a burst heal it's really hard to use with Hand Blasters and that's what I use because it's my favorite weapon for healers, I use it on all healers but, it's too slow for electricity and that's an unbalance I believe. Also, thank you for talking to me about these things :)
  2. xD25x Dedicated Player

I think alot of the reason you dont see many electric healers is because the dps side is so weak. I think 7 out of 10 healers i see are sorc and thats because its really the only healerset with competitive dps capabilities. Its sad because, even though its just another variation of the 1 2 3 4 5, to me its one of the most fun ams.
    • Like x 3
  3. Black Jaq Devoted Player

Very true. I've seen this trend in my league.
  4. Black Jaq Devoted Player

I disagree about changing Electrogenesis. Power costs do not need reduced uh-gain. What is so expensive power wise that it's not in line with other powers?
  5. mtanasas Well-Known Player

i would love to have a mobile ionic drain, would look fantastic running around with that * -*
    • Like x 1
  6. LeagueOfV Dedicated Player

I feel like I can only use 2 hand or brawling for the quick power regen and wm combo. Bow was always my favorite weapon, but it is too slow for electric.
  7. Black Jaq Devoted Player

the only problem with Galvanize is unfortunately not the range but in understanding how the waves work. We'll take it at your self. You create a healing wave which radiates out from you. If the people close to you don't need healing, your wave stops. The wave will echo off any player that receives healing from your wave. But the 3 players closest to you also act as poles for waves of healing, thereby limiting the number of echoes if those players closest to you are healed on the initial cast. Pets help with this in that they can receive the first echo and generate a secondary echo. The echo's range is only 12.5 meters, same as Cross Pollination.

A good place to use Galvanize is final boss of NGN, as long as you realize that Galvanize is for the group and you need to use AL or BS on the tank.

I would only wish that ID go to a 3second cast as opposed to 4second.
    • Like x 1
  8. Amanda Bailey Devoted Player

Tell me this, if Electrcity is so damn fine and great, why is there a lack of BOTH Healers and DPS who use Electricity? Explain that to me because what I see, is that just because it's so fun and dandy for you, doesn't mean it applies to others. There is definitely a lack in both role departments and I will never stop debating over it until it's not that way anymore. So you can either join my party, or deal with a force to be reckoned with. It's your choice.
  9. Black Jaq Devoted Player

You know what, why should I answer your hypothetical question when you can't speak to me in specifics? When you told me to open up game and look at the healing powers between Nature and Electricity and came back to you with specifics that proved YOU wrong, you said nothing. You basically said I was stupid to question you. I don't know what kind of deluded person you are who thinks they are a force to reckon with. It's people like you that make me hope that cross platform game play never happens. And unless you can find a way to be nice to people, it's always going to be a party of one for you. Good day.

/ignore
    • Like x 1
  10. LeagueOfV Dedicated Player

I have to admit I was shocked when I saw another electric healer in my most recent BD run. I did see 1 other one back in DC days, but that has been about it. I did a quick census check and electric has the lowest count of CR 148 players currently. We have been at the bottom for awhile. I can't speak for the other players that switch, but I think it is very likely because of the terrible dps and not because of the healing. I did buy a respec token when they had the 50% off sale, but I'm determined not to use it. I do hate being stuck with only healing the end game raids, but I'll stick with electric for now. It's still my favorite power.

I think there could be some small improvements, like reducing power cost when a bio charge is up. I think I have been much more effective with the elite C affinity mod that saves power. I cast my priority heal, then group heal or tank heal next to save on the power. I haven't measured how good the elite D mod HoT is, but someone in another thread told me it is about the same as galvanize. The devs keep saying elite gear is optional, but I feel like I really need it to be effective as an electric healer.

So to answer your question about the lack of electric players, I definitely feel it is 99% because of the dps side.
  11. Amanda Bailey Devoted Player

Actually I'm not a party of one, I have 9 characters so it's a party of 9. Also, it's players like you who believe just because somethings alright for you means it's alright for everyone. Get out of your bubble and do not think the world revolves around you. I gave you facts but you constantly through around your sass which grew annoying really quick. And last but definitely not least, you're not the first to add me to ignore and you're not the last, so thanks for making my life easier.
  12. Amanda Bailey Devoted Player

It's so funny when anyone can prove and see how little a certain power is being played but, how ignorant and blind others are to it despite the sheer low number of actual players who play with Electricity. You can lead a Horse to water but you can't make it drink! I've learned that Electricity has burst heals and HoT heals. A player shouldn't be restricted to just one technique, that's how things get boring quick; a strict tedious schedule! Instead, players should have to option to do burst damage/ heal technique or a DoT/HoT technique.

"If you want HoT's play with Nature"

but literally every power has either a HoT or a DoT, so, that's kinda lol worthy.
    The DPS side definitely needs a fix and I knew after it's most previous revamp it's only gotten a tiny better. They really need to stop abusing this power like they have been.
    • Like x 1
  13. LeagueOfV Dedicated Player

The census numbers don't lie. Electricity improves to about 3.5% if you look at CR 140+, and it is 2% of the 148 players. It is below Light at both points. I think earth was really low 2 years ago when I started playing, now Electric has the bottom spot without question.

I agree it would be nice to have more options for playstyle, but I just happen to enjoy the burst nature of electric. You have to always pay attention and be active, which I guess every healing power has to as well. We have the safety net heals as part of our powerset, which has saved my groups from many a wipe. I like the power as is, other than the power cost improvement I mentioned for players that don't have the elite C mod. I also agree with SgtSkye a range boost would help, but it is not a deal breaker.

I think it's OK for people to have different opinions about powers. I hope people can be polite in discussions as well. Unless of course we are talking about electric dps, in which case there is no room for politeness. :D
    • Like x 2
  14. Veritasum Loyal Player

Electric is the only healing power I've used so I'm no expert by any means. What I find cool about electric is that you have to be active and I have different loadouts for different situations. I use shields in alerts and duos and use more hots in raids.

The one power I really can't tell where it benefits is electrogenesis. I used to use it in raids by putting it on a tank, but someone pointed out it's a waste to use it that way since there's no nearby allies to heal. And in groups that stay close together, I find arc lightning and electroburst more effective.

Galvanize is very incosistent but it's good to know that it's waves really depend on how much healing nearby people need. I'll see how I can adjust to that.

The only thing that electric needs IMO is a little more range. The only content I find difficult to heal are HH and Throne where I may be standing far from a tank and it seems like the far tank is not getting the full benefit of the heals.

I don't find electric to be very power hungry. If you are running with a very unskilled group that don't know how to block or tanks that don't know how to max their defense, you find yourself spamming heals which will drain your bar. But I see that with any healer power.
    • Like x 2
  15. Derio 15000 Post Club

I do think electricity is the weakest healing power by far and needs some serious work. When you compare electric to nature and sorcery, it falls far behind.
  16. Unida Dedicated Player

tbh its kinda lame discounting any counter opinion with 'youre stupid, im an awesome healer' - it really detracts from the (I assume) core of your point which is that Electric needs to be tweaked.

maybe just tone down the narcissism a little and discuss the points raised rather than coming off like this?
    • Like x 5
  17. Derio 15000 Post Club

Problem is, content requires group members to be spread out. This is where other healing powersets excel due to their high range capabilities. Where electric is mainly short range burst heals.

If electric had 1 or 2 range capabilities added to its arsenal then it wouldnt face the problem it faces today. As for the dps side, well that is still a long ways off.
  18. Ant Tao Well-Known Player

Electric healing is fine. For electrogenisis, the auras do not spread. People in proximity to the 2 with the auras will be healed over time. Different content requires different loadouts.

Alerts: Electrogesis, bio-cap, arc lightning, galvanize, flux shield, invigorate or group transducter.
    Raids: electroburst or bio surge, bio-cap, arc lightning, galvanize, flux shield, invigorate or group transducter.
    Flux shield, galvanize, bio-cap, and bio-surge are clippable. If I need a big long ranged heal for a raid, i do arc lightning clipped with a bio (or both if necessary). Electroburst is great for tanks. You just need practice. Listen to Uncle! *Jackie Chan Adventures reference*

If you expect to stand still and heal, you picked the wrong power.
    • Like x 3
  19. Ant Tao Well-Known Player

Constructive criticism here. The power is not the problem. You have a misunderstanding of how e-gen works. Put the hot on someone who needs it, then run away towards others who need it. YOU become the hot with e-gen. Teammates have to be near adds for e-burst.
    And why are you not using flux or invigorate? Flux makes up for the lack of hot, as it provides a momentary break for healers.
    Humble yourself. I see electric heals often. Less people are electric because of the dps, which is the most popular role in the game.
    • Like x 5
  20. Unida Dedicated Player

I've been a nature heals on my main since day dot, but have played all healing powers at one point or another.

Out of them all, I've found I've had the most fun playing Electric, its a very active power, looks great and just suits my play style the most.... BUT (and yes,there is always a but) it just hasn't been able to keep pace with the other powers. Don't get me wrong, you can absolutely heal everything in the game with it, but (again) its a little more dicey and lighter on effective heals across the board from my experience.

Nature has huge range, ease and bug form for power back and increased damage. DPS is meh.
    Sorc has localised area cover, many options, and also allows dual role as the dps of sorc is great as well.
    Celes offers battle healing and a truly unique play style, I've seen some brilliant celes healers to the point it's made me think about swapping over again, but again the DPS is suspect.

I sincerely hope they do look at Electric and make some tweaks to the power, it looks awesome and deserves more people playing it - if they make the improvements ill even chip in and by a respec token :p
    • Like x 2