Water Healing (Share Ideas)

Discussion in 'War Room (Powers, Artifacts, & Builds)' started by Gr33dyMoney, May 1, 2013.

1. Teffy New Player

This. I mentioned in another topic that one interesting way of making a unique Healer is to have a "Wave" mechanic similar to the "Aftershocks" of Earth - start with a heal that only cures a small amount, but continuing to press the button increases the power, or expands the heal to other members, or adds healing over time, or even keeps the heal going (like Ionic Drain's constant ticks culminating in a "normal" heal if the channeling completes), with each "Wave" increasing the power consumption.

Meanwhile, Atmospheric focuses on heal-over-time on certain members of your group, or an area of the battlefield, starting small with a drizzle, growing more effective, and gradually "fizzling out", as it drifts slowly forward (non-static HoTs).

Its personal interactions would be "Corroded" from the Atmospheric (acidic rain), and "Drenched" from the Flows (I prefer Tidal). Interactions from Quantum would be Graviton-charged affecting Atmospheric (heavy rain!), and Destabilized affecting Flows (hard to keep your balance while getting buffeted by waves)
  2. Gr33dyMoney New Player

actually the rain HoT is a brillliant idea, along with the tidal (wave) effect like aftershock, i still think we need some wave constructs in there as well, because lets face it, aftershock just doesnt do that much damage
    • Like x 1
  3. shaun10656 New Player

what is this avatar the last air bender?
  4. Gr33dyMoney New Player

so you are saying a liquid power would make more sense thena water power?
  5. Toxiic Committed Player

When we get air and water, Yes :)
    • Like x 2
  6. P1nk13 P13 New Player

Water should be a better LoS healer than Nature since there are water vapor in the air and humans are 70-80% water and wet enemies would get grounded since you get heavier when you're wet and when water would do a group or los heal, elec/gadgets dps could spread electrified PI though the water in the air/ground
    • Like x 1
  7. Xenoblade New Player

I hoping Holy!
    Tank can have water
  8. Lamar New Player

the next dlc isnt going to be out for another 6-8 months and people keep bringing up threads of new power, well the new power quantuam
  9. Shattered_Past Well-Known Player

Just re-posting this here, to add to the recent ideas. I personally prefer the Dehydrate/Rehydrate idea listed in the Water Blast link. Damage plus Healing. Perhaps for onscreen action, just use the Kitefin's enslaving bubble. The bubble over the head of slaves, that you rescue in Suicide Slums...
  10. Statman New Player

Holy would be cool, but we want Darkness or Shadow for Tanking! (I do, at least).
  11. sean04122009 Well-Known Player

12. Xenoblade New Player

Shadow would be awesome, i guess it could be like you have shadows that take the damage for you or something like that not sure. I do want water powers but to me it sounds like it should actually be for a troller.
  13. Gr33dyMoney New Player

air is alrdy in the game (flight tree)

well eclipso does have a shadow power and from experience all powers in the game by bosses and adds will most likely be made a power available to players

and please tell why u think water should be a troller power? i think a water healer with a rain HoT, puddle (CoP) and wave aftershocks or wave construct just seem like something dcuo can do, and will do
  14. Oriole New Player

I have some ideas for water as a healer and dps
    how about have a move like fiery weapon that on the dps boost precision and on the healer side it heals you with every hit.

next how about a whirl pool move it could suck in enemies and cost an AoE on dps side and on the healer side cost AoE but not much in turn do alot of healing the more inside say up to 4 enemies the bigger the healing.

and how about a move like a geyser that can cause heavy damage or use the animation from HL whip to make a water whip move to heal

or something like a boiling beam of water that hits like natures impaling thorns

and the SC could be like a tidal wave, healing ring of water, acid rain, water pressure where you encase your enemy in a bubble and causes heavy damage or stuns or slows them down that way even if you breakout in pvp it could be at some use.
  15. Deadly Pollen New Player

Wet I would say is a simple name for a power interaction. How about hydrated and dehydrated .
  16. CypherXone Committed Player

I can understand healing springs and the fountain of youth, but really, what does water have to do with healing?
  17. Gr33dyMoney New Player

without water, youll die.. sounds like a healer to me
  18. Gr33dyMoney New Player

Water Whip FTW!!!!
  19. Toxiic Committed Player

Technically air isn't in the game because it's not a power set, its part of a movement. What i meant was an air and water power set, but yea air is already in the game kind of.
  20. 00Soul New Player

I like that "Atmospheric", the other tree instead of Flows I would keep it simple as "Hydrokensis". power interation or hard water constructs could be interesting.