War of Light Part 1

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Will Power, Aug 23, 2013.

1. Helios The Eternal Flame Dedicated Player

Going according to their roadmap, this will be the DLC that resets the schedule the way they would like. Thus, I see this DLC being very Op heavy ala The Hand Of Fate. It will be large group content, because we are receiving the small group content with the Trigon DLC. There will probably be a 4 man Op, and two 8 man Ops. The 8 man Ops will most likely drop gear like Norseman that is slightly better than the 88 pieces, but not by much. They will probably also drop weapons. Thereafter, they can come out again with a small group DLC in preparation for T6, and then finally another large group DLC which will probably feature T6 gear. The Devs think their slick with this adjustment. Pugging has decreased since Origin Crisis dropped. Most people are only running with their league or people on their friends list. So the same people are running together all the time, and the casual players are indeed being left behind. I have the suspicion that they believe by putting out small group content first, the entire community will grow to together, and people won't get left behind. If that's the case, it still won't work. Origin Crisis exposed us. Either you stepped up or got left. If they ever dropped raids of that skill level again, it will ultimately be the same. Either you know your role or you don't. Sorry, I'll get off my soap box now.
  2. jallenw23 New Player

If they do "keep" to the roadmap then this should drop by March 2014 that way they can start on the other dlcs.
  3. Whiteroom New Player

They have already stated tier gear will be released with small group DLCs from now on. How have so many people missed this.
  4. Will Power Loyal Player

Let me remind you some of us Long Time Legends are not that Fickle we have Alts of different Power sets I have an Alt of every power set on Hero side and 3 same power set of those on Villian side.

I stand by all those Noobs if they want to finally man up and start grinding I'll help them.
  5. Ace1 Dedicated Player

Great find
  6. PureDarkness Dedicated Player

7. Boscohark Well-Known Player

Actually at SOE Live they mentioned that the next three DLC's would be those but they have not picked the order yet. Also each is in three parts so it will most likely rotate between the three stories with each additional chapter. But Spytle was very clear that the release schedule beyond Trigon was not entirely set.
  8. Will Power Loyal Player

Okay So the big question I have is what will happen first according to storyline will there be the War Between Lanterns The War with the Amazons or the War with Apocalypse.

Honestly I want to take a year off so when I come back all the content will be done and i can play through it all back to back.
  9. Helios The Eternal Flame Dedicated Player

You are correct sir. I stand corrected. However, that further demonstrates the craftiness of the Devs. Trying to keep us all together. Isn't that sweet.
  10. tukuan Devoted Player

I think they only said that the League HQ functionality will now be free. In the keynote they did still refer to Halls as a DLC which may have been a slip of the tongue but my impression is more that it will be a DLC that takes advantage of the HQ functionality as well as may have other components such as the New Gods.
    • Like x 2
  11. Mermaid Dedicated Player

Adding mentors would not be a wise choice. The game revolves in 3 origin types: Meta, Tech, and Magic. How would adding new mentors fit the pieces here? And besides, Hal and Sinestro are both Tech Origins because of their rings. Not against you but that's just the way it is.
  12. Jafin 10000 Post Club

If you watch the video I posted in this thread (posted before the quote of mine you used) you would see that Larry Liberty said it is going to be War of the Light, and then Halls of Power, which means that Amazon Fury will be DLC 11.

The devs have said before that while they are working on one DLC they are already planning the next one. At this stage with DLC 8 being released next week it's probably safe to say that they have already begun working on DLC 9, which means DLC 10 is being planned at this time, and the interview from Larry Liberty is from Gamescom which has been going on the last few days, which means his info is the most up to date that we have been given.
    • Like x 2
  13. shaun10656 New Player

i want to see my role model atrocitus
  14. SuperiorMouse New Player

yes, depending on when that video was "aired" it confirms the order.

they really have to come up with a replacement name for Halls of Power...

from a development standpoint. with 8 just being in a debug stage, they're definitely finishing 9 but they're probably also deep into finishing 10 also. Since it's Halls of Power it's probably been mostly done for quite a while and they are most likely into 11 too.
  15. Flair Well-Known Player

Everyone is assuming that DLC 9 will have large group raid content mostly because of the new DLC organizational structure presented at SOELive, The one thing that I don't think had been considered is the lack of PVP DLCs.

Since DLC7 was Large group and DLC 8 is small group, it makes sense according to what Jens said that DLC 9 would be large group again. But we haven't had a PVP-based DLC since the Last Laugh unless you want to include parts of Home Turf. Could it be possible that DLC 9 could be more PVP-based and that we won't see more PVE raids until 10?

I would appreciate if a dev could throw us some input as to how they plan to include PVP into the new DLC schedule!
  16. Magnificent Loyal Player

If I remember correctly (which may be the problem since I like my drinks :p) War of the Light is going to be a 3-parter. My assumption was that it meant the next 3 DLC's would be Parts 1-3 and the Amazon Fury DLC would be after all of that. I could be wrong though and they could alternate between the two different DLC storylines.
  17. Magnificent Loyal Player

Isn't Halls going to be an Update and not a DLC?
  18. SuperiorMouse New Player

oops i misunderstood.

yes. so:

DLC9 War of Light
    GU31/32? aka Halls of Power? (league halls, armouries, etc)
    DLC10 Amazon Fury
    DLC11 Halls of Power?

but it's now confusing... because when they refer to HoP are they referring to the GU with armouries and leagueimprovements? or are they referring to the DLC with the introduction to the 4th world? hmmm

spytle was clear about not committing them sequentially. we may not see any part 2s of these stories until 2015 for all we know.
  19. Nekron 99 Loyal Player

Halls of Power will still be a DLC. It's the New Gods DLC. League Halls and Armories were originally going to be part of that DLC but now will be free for everyone and in a Game Update instead.
    • Like x 1
  20. Whiteroom New Player

I think they may have said that the Amazon Fury and War of Light would be staggered but didn't really clarify at what point the Darksied content would be introduced.