War of Light Part 1

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Will Power, Aug 23, 2013.

1. LL New Player

See I took what they said different I guess. I took it as War of Light was going to be a reboot for how they do things from now on...
    You may be correct though, as many will complain at a long time between raids.
    But if war of light is not a new tier this tier will have way more stuff for it then any other...
  2. Statman New Player

I don't really understand how people can take it that way honestly, as they said it was already a pattern they had started. Then again, I did watch it like a hundred times over for the summary I wrote up both on these forums and on theDCUObook forums, so I listened to it A LOT, lol.

I don't really see how it's a bad thing that there's lots of stuff for Tier 5. The last time a new Tier was released (Tier 4), keep in mind that DLC was divided between Tier 2, 3 and 4, where as DLC7 was purely Tier 5. I guess it would depend on which trend they continue gonig forward, but we may see a lot more content in coming Tiers than we have in the lower ones.

Also, Tier 5 is possibly only going to last 3 DLC's (could be 5 though), and every other Tier will probably only be 4 (keeping in mind that Tiers will be released in small group content DLC's, and 2 DLC's per Tier is moving it through very quickly, something which I don't think the devs want to do).

We have quite a few interesting years ahead of us I think.
    • Like x 1
  3. LL New Player

I guess the reason I saw it different is our new tier was launched with ops, raids, and two solos not your char...now trigon alert and 3 duos, and out in the world solos....it seems to me it is backwards....which is what they talked about fixing. If they just add to it it does not fix anything.

I agree it will be interesting to see what direction it really is.
  4. Statman New Player

I guess in a way we are talking about the same thing, just different aspects of it, lol. If they had've released Tier 5 with Home Turf, they would've ultimately been able to start off properly how they are now planning - but that obviously didn't happen.

When they said 'backwards' though, they weren't talking about the release pattern, but the point in which they had released the new Tier of gear. The release pattern is fine and will be maintained, but the release of new gear will be altered to only be coming out with small group DLC's. :)
  5. LL New Player

I'm pretty slow...:)...so ur saying war of light will be more raids, ops, and alerts for our current high tier...?
  6. Statman New Player

Most likely (I'm not going to guarantee it, coz things have been known to change). Instead of doing raids they may do 8-man Ops around the new version of Metropolis they are doing, who knows. It is currently scheduled to be large group content though, lol.
    • Like x 1
  7. LL New Player

Well I hope I'm right and your wrong...because 8 man ops on ps3...lol..lol....
    I can't wait for the ps4, however not everyone is going to switch so we have to wait for others....
  8. Statman New Player

While I do agree 8-man Ops are troublesome, keep in mind these will not feature in the main open world, but in an instances version relating to the DLC. If Son's of Trigon is anything to go by, these areas will probably have limits as to how many people can be in these instances at once, meaning it may not see the same issues the Hand of Fate Operations had.
  9. Will Power Loyal Player

Why don't you replay the Green Lantern Alert in Coast City you will see there is a Green Lantern Tank a Green Lantern Healer and DPS's.
  10. SuperiorMouse New Player

this is a guarantee. they've already said that we're on a small - large group content cycle so War of the Light I will contain Ops and Raids. I'm curious to see what they do with it. When FFtL came out, we were all starved for new content so anything was welcome but by comparison to the current DLCs it's lacking. I imagined going to Oa or somehow doing some outer space battle (hard to do if not everyone can fly i guess)... the StarLabs alert was underwhelming. ScienceCells was fun due to the iconics in it and the unique gameplay that hadn't been used prior to that. Coast City... mmm ... I guess I really hoped for something creative.

And I'm still desperately hoping they don't give us more Lantern powers -- they are essentially confirmed at this point though. what a waste that will be.
  11. Will Power Loyal Player

What does it Matter it will be a Tank class you all find Tanks not important in anything but OP and Raid Level. Your just afraid that the Light Tank idea will out do Ice and its shielding.
  12. Statman New Player

Or that, you know, Light powers have already been done. Sure, they could make this Light power different, but it'd be a very uninspired choice.
    • Like x 1
  13. SuperiorMouse New Player

no. i'm just angry that the devs wasted development time on Hardlight again instead of giving us a NEW powerset that the community wants. :/
  14. Will Power Loyal Player

What like Unicorn Powers!...lol
  15. Will Power Loyal Player

Then what if I want to be a Blue Lantern instead of Green just a tent choice in the Create a Character Option!