USPC - Influx of Spam Healing?

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by SethZoulMonEl, Feb 20, 2015.

1. Cirocband New Player

Maybe they should have a tutorial for roles then to help roles who don't know what to do.

As for heals, spamming heals as nature is a big no no, unless you're a bug form. I know how to save power without it as well. But the staff sucks for healing. Lol smh, which is why I personally use bug form:
  2. SethZoulMonEl 10000 Post Club

Yes, but the 113 CR healer was running out of power with a 110 troller and a 113 troller in Artifacts. The rest of the group was playing fine and not doing anything stupid, either. That was my point. lol
    • Like x 2
  3. Sbel Devoted Player

That's kinda his point. o_O A CR113 healer in Arti shouldn't be running out of power very fast.
    • Like x 3
  4. High Troller Loyal Player

This healer did repeated use of galvanize and stayed in the same spot. I'd say the player was a bit too nervous for t6 content.
  5. Inpent New Player

That why i love nature healing because i can spam powers in bug form and still get power back.
    • Like x 1
  6. Cirocband New Player

I agree...and I cant lie, nature has made me alittle lazy...cause it's the easiest healing and most convenient healing power.
  7. MEBegnalsFan Devoted Player

I said get out of the white light...damn another DPS down...
    • Like x 1
  8. MEBegnalsFan Devoted Player

And even when we spam our heals we get power back..Yippie....:)
    • Like x 1
  9. Multiverse 15000 Post Club

You should powerstarve the Healer a lot more in this case.

You essentially burned through your blue bar trying to refill the Healer..... leaving you empty.

When players cannot manage their own Blue bar.... don't be afraid to manage it for them.
    • Like x 1
  10. Multiverse 15000 Post Club

Powerstarve the Healer when that happens.

Give him power only when someone needs a heal.... or if others in the group need power.

If only the Healer burns through his Blue Bar and no one needs healing...... don't hesitate to powerstarve the Healer a bit or a lot if necessary.

Essentially as a Troll.... if you have players who cannot manage their Blue Bar use..... you can manage it for them.
  11. SethZoulMonEl 10000 Post Club

That works with some healers. With others, it does not. Take the example I made of a sorcery healer focusing on Rejuvenate 90% of the time:

If I power starved the player, the group would instantly wipe because the player is only healing a small portion of the group with each Rejuvenate (either whoever is lowest in health or the healer receives health). Some players actually need to spam their powers because they have no idea what their powers do.
  12. Multiverse 15000 Post Club

That is a whole problem by itself.

There are players...
    who cannot grasp the distinction between HoT and a burst heal.
    who cannot grasp the distinction between a heal that heals 2 players, 4 players or all 8 players.

Nothing you can do with those players but hope the rest of the group is good enough to compensate for them.

Sadly..... I have friends who are such players.

I have to tell them when to heal.... and even then... too often they end up using the wrong heal.
    To them... they are healing when they cast a heal.
    And when they cast a heal and it does not seem to heal players.... they can't understand why their heal did not work.

Tried a billion time to explain to them what a HoT is and how it works..... and still they don't get it.

Nothing you can do with such players sadly.
    • Like x 4
  13. Derio 15000 Post Club

Some players just arent meant to be healers.
    • Like x 2
  14. Requake Dedicated Player

Just cut the healers their resto by half or even more. Should fix a lot, good healers will still solo it no doubt and spammers won't have to spam as much anymore, if they do attempt at solo healing, they'll notice they won't be able to make the cut. =)
  15. Inpent New Player

Absolutely, esp when you well over 10000K restro deff gets a little boring lol
  16. Kyzax New Player

I'm most interested in how you are able to run raids with 9 group members!?! o_O J/K haha
    • Like x 1
  17. ChibiMechaX78 New Player

Oh darn it sorry...
    Yeah
    I meant 1 tank, 4 DPS, 2 trolls and me solo healing.
    • Like x 1
  18. Abisial Committed Player

I chuckled a little reading this because every chance people get they blame the DPS. Trolls and Tanks have health bars too.
  19. ssvillae New Player

Me too. Trolling sucks when you have someone draining you like that
  20. MrB Dedicated Player

I recently experienced the same thing. A celestial healer kept trying to dps, at the end of RN they said something along the lines of this AM for celestials sucks because they did terrible damage and used a ton of power. I nearly fell out of my chair from laughing at that. They were surprised that AM is only for the dps side.
    • Like x 1