USPC - Influx of Spam Healing?

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by SethZoulMonEl, Feb 20, 2015.

1. Sore Steadfast Player

As a Nature healer, I'm almost always the one in the group with the most power and that's without using bug form. It's just a matter of skill and knowledge.

Suppressive Fire
    I pretty much spam Brawling Shuriken Storm Mastery to build up combos quickly for power regen. I'm usually casting Savage Growth, Metabolism, or Harvest on every Shuriken Storm (timing the cast for a WM power discount). I'm doing that continually whether healing is needed or not. If I get down to 80% power, I jump to economy mode. I start slipping two Shuriken Storms in between power casts until I'm back to 100%. If it's not cutting it, I might just do a big run of Shuriken Storms.

Burst Healing
    If burst healing is needed, I drop everything and throw out what's needed. As soon as it's not needed, I go right back to suppressive fire (most likely straight to economy mode).

The point is that it's not always a problem for healers to proactively spam powers. The issue is what they're spamming. Why they're spamming. When they're spamming. What weapon they're using. Whether they're taking advantage of WM. Whether they use sodas, sidekicks, supply drops and supercharges for power. It's just basic healing skill. I think people just forget what it's like to come across an unskilled player in a pug.
    • Like x 5
  2. winter13 New Player

Maybe you are running with bad groups, not necessarily bad healers ;):p
  3. akaivy Dedicated Player

Speaking as a healer, I get pretty sick and tired of people complaining about healers. "we don't need a healer for this run" "we don't need 2 healers for this run" "Why are you using so much power?" "Why is your power bar half full?" "Why are you trying to damage?" "Why are you just healing and not helping do damage?" "WHY WHY WHY WHY".

I pray that one day people will just do their own jobs and shut up about how I do mine.
    • Like x 1
  4. Sebastian Salvatore Active Player

The problem I see is the vast majority of new players do not understand the hit counter mechanic and how the higher counter tiers return more PoT. I constantly see EVERY role out of power... even though everyone has the tools to return power without a controller. I'm never out of power healing because I generally get to the max PoT tier before using another power. When the **** does hit the fan I'm at full power and ultimate and can unload a crap ton of burst healing.

The game really doesn't explain the role of the hit counter on PoT or how powers modify weapon damage and later on how weapon mastery modifies powers. I try to tell people about the mechanic in groups but hardly anyone responds to group chat... and I fear I end up looking like as *** hole.

There is no reason to be out of power if you're playing smart and building up high hit counters to get power back. one of the reasons I didn't like playing a controller as much - so many people relying on you to be their mana battery with no attempt to regain their own power.
  5. apocalypsegodx Loyal Player

i run into healers that do this all the time im like wth are u healing
    • Like x 2
  6. Remander Steadfast Player

I've taken to just cycling HoTs as Celestial. Looks like I'm doing a lot, but it's really not that bad on power. I run with McB, AcB, CScWotP, and WotPcCS. In most fights, I can just cycle those combos. Under heavy fire, I can skip the cWotP and use Blessing and Consecrated Ground, if needed. In lighter situations, I can just use McB and WM combos. My average heal from McB is actually a little better than Admonish (~2448 vs ~2368). In a HoH run last night, my effective healing per second was ~2500, whereas my effective power in per second was ~250. That's a 10:1 healing efficiency, which isn't too bad. Managed to also contribute ~3.2 mil in damage.
  7. Fuchsia Flame Level 30

The problem i see is that my fellow healers are using their powers on rotation, like DPS, instead of when they are needed.
  8. SethZoulMonEl 10000 Post Club

Right...

As a controller, it's impossible to do my job when all my power is going to the healers who over-heal. If I don't have power to stun in Halls of Hades because the healer is over-healing, somehow that's my fault? Sorry, no.
  9. Remander Steadfast Player

Depending on the powerset and loadout, that may be completely appropriate.
    • Like x 1
  10. Sbel Devoted Player

You forgot the forum motto: It's the dps's fault. Always and forever. :rolleyes:
    • Like x 2
  11. Black Jaq Devoted Player

I was Sorcery before the revamp. I always feel critical to Sorcery healers now.
  12. wintermute Well-Known Player

As a troll, I think spam healing is the same all over at the moment, it's pretty bad on EUPS. I've been pugging alerts for marks lately and it's more common than not to have a power spamming healer....I mean guys who throw out a clipped brawling/shuriken wm then a burst heal over and over and over and over to the point where I can'tt keep them powered, they run dry and rant at me for power. None of the healing powers are particularly power thirsty and I don't think they're doing it purpose but they must either oblivious to any other way of playing or they're trying to dps and heal at the same time. Either way, it's the cause of most of my wipes in straight forward instances.
    • Like x 1
  13. akaivy Dedicated Player

Yet you can point fingers at healers for trying to keep you alive? What are we supposed to heal you with? Kind words and a pat on the back? If you don't want to give power, then perhaps you have chosen the wrong role. Furthermore, If you want to start pointing fingers at roles, how about those trolls who have a full power bar and no sign of giving P O T? If you want to heal, heal, but don't tell others how to do their role. The fact that you have no power could mean there's something wrong with YOU. Or there's something going on with the rest of the group that you are just not paying attention to. You are not the only person who needs healing. Just because your health bar is full, doesn't mean that 100 CR dps has the same luxury.

Now, proceed to tell me what an awesome troll you are and how it can't be your fault.
    • Like x 3
  14. akaivy Dedicated Player

And another thing....it didn't help that they removed the heart symbol. You have to do your best to judge when your HoT runs out. This is especially crucial for nature healers who stack pheromones. See how easy it is for you if they take away your lightning bolt.
    • Like x 2
  15. SethZoulMonEl 10000 Post Club

I agree with your second post. Your first post is... how do I put this nicely... uninformed and presumptuous. You have not run with me, nor have you seen the healers I am talking about. I will provide you with the same example I did back in post #9:

• Like x 3
  16. HersheyKiss New Player

Not sure how solo healing is the issue bcuz i solo heal everything and dont have power issues. No i dont use bug form bcuz i dont like flying. The reason i dont have pwr issues is i dont spam heals when no1 is taking dmg and burn thru my pwr bar. I watched a guy in dox a few weeks ago spam heal thru his entire pwr bar why we were burning down the pillars and there wasnt 1 enemy on screen. Too many healers are unskilled and just spam bcuz they have no idea what they are doing, thats the problem, not solo healing or solo trolling.
    • Like x 3
  17. HersheyKiss New Player

This ^ healers cant heal thru 1 shots and there is always blocking and moving. I cant heal stupid. Did HoH last night healing a pug grp and 1 dps keep standing 2ft from the shade boss with the green swirly aoe. If u have run this raid u know what happened. He died from it 5 times even when people were telling em to back up. As a healer i could care less about these people. They dont pay attention to anything then always are the 1rst people to point the finger at the healer/healers.
    • Like x 4
  18. High Troller Loyal Player

It's not just USPC, buddy. I see it with commonly on USPS also. This electric healer was 217 SP and even a boost 3 supply drop couldn't full half the bar.
    • Like x 1
  19. Domi Well-Known Player

As a sorcery Healer myself, if I am solo Healing Raids, I do my weapon mastery of one-handed into blasters and then use my rejuvenate, weapon mastery then ritualistic word, and I do weapon mastery for a while then ritualistic word and I continue this until someone else's health in the party gets low. Depending on the raid I am healing I use the watcher or I switch it out for Shard of Life. When the group gets his by ads I just use shield and then ritualistic word. Normally everyone is back up to full health. However, if they keep getting damaged, depending on how much damage they are taking I use IoR & then spam rejuv until something else is off cool down. This doesn't happen too often. Usually it's just weapon mastery, rejuv, weapon mastery, ritualistic Word. Of course throwing out my circle under the tank. I'm rarely at half power used unless everyone is being attacked greatly.

It truly depends on the group and especially how squishy the tank is. I've seen some Tanks that I have to spam my heals on them to keep them alive, I've had other tanks where I just need to pop a heal now and again.
    • Like x 2
  20. WhiteW0lf Devoted Player

BINGO!!