USPC - Influx of Spam Healing?

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by SethZoulMonEl, Feb 20, 2015.

1. WhiteW0lf Devoted Player

Lol well when they do crossplay you can heal for me....ill shut up I promise.
  2. WhiteW0lf Devoted Player

I think you are being a little rough on the OP. He is not saying all healers do this. He is simply saying that he has been seing it alot lately. You seem to be taking this personally. I heal too. I actually play all roles so I know how it feels from all angles. I'm pretty sure he's referring to specifically when healer heals and spams when they don't have to, not if they are spamming because they DO have to. He provided an example even.
    • Like x 6
  3. Prosser Dedicated Player

Oh boy did I run into one of these today.

I was in necro and arti with half league and half pugs. I was trolling (112 CR) and had a league mate backup trolling too (105 CR). During the tunnels, everything was fine, but once we hit a boss ohhhh boy. He literally just stood there spamming galv (like literaly hitting it as fast as he could) sometimes clipping it with Bioelectric surge. And no there wasn't damage being taken, I was closely watching the bars, it was just spam spam spam.

We kept him on for both raids though, as it was a good chuckle on TS, but then when we went to do LD we got a new healer, funny thing, had no issue powering him :)

When we finished Artifacts, he said "oh wow good job, never was able to beat that one before" I wonder why....:rolleyes:
    • Like x 3
  4. Sbel Devoted Player

;) Given how confused he was by the split he'd probably never been in Artifacts at all before.
    • Like x 2
  5. Prosser Dedicated Player

I thought that was you!
    • Like x 2
  6. akaivy Dedicated Player

Maybe.

But I've been in too many raids where people who aren't doing their jobs are trying to excuse it by pointing fingers at others. We need examples? Here's one.

Running LD as a solo healer. Done it numerous times before with no problem. A 102 dps, who evidently thinks he's invincible, dies 5 times in the first room. All other health bars are over half full. Oh, but he's with his league who, I presume is trying to take him through it. Instead of saying, "hey, we are trying to get him through this. It's his first time." I get "hey you are a 113 cr healer, can't you keep him alive?" No one else has died. I'm even staying close beside him to be sure he gets my heals because one of those times he died he was out of my line of site on the other side of the portal. Then, he dies again (6th time) and I (solo healing) don't pick him up. "You were right beside him, why didn't you pick him up?" I wanted to say, "well, I'm solo healing and I've picked him up 3 times already." But instead I took deserter penalty, which I NEVER do. So now, everyone in that room thinks I am a bad healer who spams power.

Now, after they mouthed off about me not being able to keep him alive, yeah, I spam healed. Evidently they wanted him to live and I wanted to finish LD. What choice did I have?

That happened the same day I came in here and read the post about spam healing. So, yeah, I probably did take it to heart a bit. But I'm sure the troll in that room was not happy with me either. So, circumstances can be a factor. It's not necessarily a "style of play" but sometimes it's a necessity.

Also, when you are in the new higher level stuff and someone expects you to solo heal, remember... The bosses are a lot stronger and harder to kill and everyone uses more power. This means sometimes I have to do a little more to be sure everyone stays with us because sometimes you just can't do it with 7. And most times you can't do it without a tank. So if he's low on health, I'm sending him a heal.
    • Like x 1
  7. NerdGeist Well-Known Player

A thing I've been experiecing on my sorcerer, tho: my power doesn't seem to suffice or recover as much as before, either when I'm healler role or dps role. It's like either my abilities became much more expensive or my power recovery was madly nerfed...
  8. Tokens210 Well-Known Player

I have to agree on a lot of different points on this

First I am a nature healer, I personally noticed I find myself sometimes using a bit more power since bloom was removed as a heal over time and that the heart icon doesn't appear anymore, I find myself now mostly having to judge when to drop my heals by watching the health bars, which I do anyway, just gotta focus on it more now, but typically I don't run out of power in 2 troll instances unless more then one person is about to get downed, but I do also run with reserve tanks so I got a bit more power to play with

Side note: was the bug with reserve tank from way back when fixed?

But then also as Nerdgeist said it sometimes seems my powers consume more power sometimes, I've been leaning towards that just being in my head tho lol me subconsciously using less power in times when a trollers down/out or not there at all

I also see the flux of solo heals wanted but I actually enjoy solo healing for the most part, so I don't really have a problem with solo healing I just don't get why it seems like one of the updates massively dropped healers regular HoT numbers(came back this December from about 12 months away so that's where my comparison comes from, I know that's so long and so much content but I still didn't get y it seems a lot lower)

I'm also a lad back kinda player, try not to freak out, usually like helping people or showing people how to do mission but besides the healing spam flux there also seems to be a flux of dps's that do a lot of damage and try to kill as quick as they can forgetting to block or even forgetting sometimes that there's a tank so they can do the "double dutch" jump in jump out style, that can also be a factor toward healers spamming, not saying they should spam because of it but can be a contributing factor
  9. TechWarrior0329 Steadfast Player

I play both Controllers and Healers, along with dps and tanks, and if playing each has taught me anything is how to conserve power. Now I am not saying there are not times on certain raids/alerts where a healer may be forced to run their power to zero, use soda, and supply drop as they attempt to keep everyone standing upright.

BUT ....... Far too often when I troll I see healer running through power like mad when everyone's health bar is full. At that point you are not HEALING anyone your just trying to make your Stats look good at the end. The only other thing those sort of healer are accomplishing is making the Troll look bad because he can't keep everyone at full power. Just in case there is anyone out there that doesn't realize it each time a Controller supplies power it gets evenly distributed to everyone on the team (EXCEPT) the Controller. [the only exception to this is power over time (POT) which is distributed equally to everyone on the team including the controller but POT does not instantly fix any major power loss a DPS or Tank has only Power Pushes do that] Okay Troll 101 lesson over... What that means is if a healer is healing for absolutely no reason they are taking power away from the Tank trying to hold agro and the DPS trying to damage and defeat the mobs/bosses. In short they are hurting the team to make their own stats look better.

Now I am not saying a healer needs to stand around doing nothing if everyone is at 100% health. I have a couple healers and they both have shields that deflect damage. I will cast those as fast as they become available. Its called preventative medicine .. If they can't hurt you to begin with then I don't NEED to heal you. I have attacks (well one attack) that in addition to inflicting damage of mobs actually turns them into mini healing generators and they heal MY TEAM MATES. I also have other attacks that JUST do damage and here a shocker.. I use them when no one needs me to heal. Again preventative medicine.. IF all the bad guys are dead and no one is shooting at us any more then no one is taking any damage to require healing in the first place.

Also as a Controller or Healer I have absolutely no problem seeking out and using Healing barrels or Crystals to increase the power levels or health of a team. In fact I see it as helping out my fellow support team mate. if I am a Controller and bust a couple of barrels during a mission I added some healing to my stats which means I helped the HEALER keep everyone alive. Same thing when I play my healer .. Any barrel I break means the Controller has more power to give to everyone because that barrel no only lifted everyone else's power level it increased the controller's as well. {one side note Learn when to use a healing barrel. On holiday event especially I have actually seen team mates grab a barrel as soon as they enter the room and bust it. Guess what GENIUS if everyone's health and power levels are at 100% all you did was WASTE that barrel and didn't do a thing to help your team.}

Do you, regardless of what role your playing, have a lair? Do you have the supply drop power that lair can give you? Then guess what you have yet another way to heal and provide power to any team mate. As a healer of Controller I am always watching the team roster to see who's stats are slipping and if I see someone close by the can use it I will run over and hit supply drop. I get some heals and power back and so does anyone close enough to the drop site. Supply Drop does not use any power from your tray at all so again you have helped team mates without draining power needed to do damage and control aggro.

Okay this last part is for EVERY ROLE ... Sodas! With the recent changes aside from some sodas specifically designed to, as example increase Aggro for a tank or increase Vit from a Controller, for 900 cash anyone can have 6 sodas in their inventory that heal and add as much power as any in game. I personally always carry at least 2 or 3 stacks of 12. Pay attention to your own status and don't wait for the healer of Controller to bail you out.. pop a soda. It keeps you healthier and able to do damage and helps both that Controller and Healer because if your at 100% in both areas then their heals and power out can aid other members of the team. Way too many players out there that seem to think they don't need to do anything but mash buttons and watch bullets or flames or Lightning bolts fly and everything else is someone else's problem. Your on a TEAM your supposed to help each other NOT see how high you can get you damage output so you can embarrass everyone else.
  10. SethZoulMonEl 10000 Post Club

Circle of Destruction / Rejuvenate / Soul Well / Boon of Souls / Sacrificial Offering / Arbiter of Destiny

How's that for a sorcery loadout? Just use everything basically at once, and then spam Rejuvenate (as in use it every time it comes off cool down) while the rest cool down? When power gets low, Arbiter of Destiny helps a lot, right?
    • Like x 1
  11. Derio 15000 Post Club

Many times I will walk over to the main troller and drop a supply drop right there just to show my support. And then calling it out on the mic. Some people will just keep their supply drops to themselves, those people are just selfish.
    • Like x 1
  12. WhiteW0lf Devoted Player

I don't disagree with anything you said.
    • Like x 1
  13. lukelucky Devoted Player

oh you better get real use to this bad healing with cross play between PS and PC.
  14. BumblingB I got better.

A lot of defensive roles in this thread.

Not my fault there isn't enough power for the group.
    Not my fault that I don't have enough power to heal the group.
    Not my fault the burn isn't high enough.
    Not my fault I can't get all the adds.

lol

I think a lot of the problems we experience isn't so much that there is bad players, but that one group makes a build that works and everyone tries to copy. Which is probably the worst thing possible. 3 trolls anyone? The game is supposed to be designed around the perfect group makeup, you don't have to force it because you think it will go easier. I was a troll for 3 troll runs, you know what, I had nothing to do, because I had the lowest vit. Yeah.

@OP, it is okay to say, hey, you are using a lot of power. Often times, in 4 man content, players are used to raids, so they blow through their power because that's what they know.
    • Like x 1
  15. SethZoulMonEl 10000 Post Club

I was actually referring to healers who are running out of power even in raids with a 2-2-2-2 setup. That's what was baffling about it. I do think if I run across them in the future, I will just let the group know that I am not a strong enough troller to keep power up with the group, and I'll leave. Maybe when two trollers have around 5500 vit, we can do so, but two trollers with ~4500 vit and all criticals isn't enough for those healers.
  16. Cirocband New Player

True, but honestly the only healing power that it's ok to spam heals is nature (in bug for though) cause you give yourself power back. And 9 times out of 10 if a healer is healing early it's to start the hot's. In my opinion the only power hungry healing powers are electric and celestial. As a healer, I'm just focusing on the tank and trolls. 9 times out of 10 the dps is doing something dumb to get their butts smacked by a boss or add. Of course I'll heal them, but they aren't a first priority.
  17. Deranya Dedicated Player

True, but what I meant was different. If a loadout in nature consists of nothing but bursts, and not using bug form, then the problem is the user. And sadly it is what I see a lot lately. Also, when one is nature and doesn't use the HoTs then why use nature at all xD
    I don't use the bug form, it is too slow for me, but I know how to save power. Its not bragging or anything, it is knowing the role and power that I learnt to use why leveling and moving up in tiers.
    Most healers, or any role out there at the moment, rushed towards T6 faster than others. While doing so they most likely didn't go full sets, but mixed and ended up mostly as DPS. There is more to it than gear and SP, and when I see people going: Oh I am a better heal goes I got this much Resto! It makes me want to smack my head on a surface.

In the end, many players now, don't know their role, because they either don't know how to spec right, mod for only one stat or they don't read their powers. Lack of tutorial in-game, lack of own research and over confidence can do it. Let's hope it gets better
    • Like x 1
  18. kawe Loyal Player

Spam healers make me laugh. And I don't see them as "healers".

But I never kick or blame them as long as the group is doing fine, who knows, he/she could just been switching powers and is new to healing or the power mechanics. So far if I met spammers in pugs advice fell on deaf ears. But for leagues... best are those who have been "healers" for like 2 years and nobody had the balls to tell them they are ****... I know a few and nobody told them ever because the white knights are afraid the girls might get upset, and I don't tell them because I cba with angry white knights going after me for it. :rolleyes:
    • Like x 4
  19. Cirocband New Player

I must say I was electric and then switched back to nature. Electric isn't made for t6 content, cause ads and bosses finally of damage forcing you to spam heal and electric moves use more power than the other healing powers which is weird. SP doesn't even matter when it comes to electric, your power bar will still be low, and it's no one's fault, but the power. I guess thats why they have resto and power mods I guess.
  20. Opamp Committed Player

Hehe you're silly.

CR 113 in Artifacts from the Past? How about CR 106?

That's a whole lot of CR above the recommended level to play. I guess I could say "Durrrrrr I don't use a lot of power when running FOS3 on my CR 90 toon because I'm more powerful than the raid".