US and EU PC Server Downtime - January 21, 2014

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by RadarX, Jan 21, 2014.

1. Weapon7 New Player

I do, maybe on villain side are just let glitchers. trololo
  2. Kato99 New Player

They can stagger the suspensions / bans doesn't have to be all at once then there would be people sweating bullets wondering when the ban hammer will drop for them and send a clear message break the rules face consequences
    • Like x 4
  3. Ganf3rman New Player

They should take a look into the % of abusers if that is possible. If it was really that serious I think that better solution is gift for non abusers ( another free armorie :D). Otherwise - 7 days ban.
  4. Synge Mark New Player

I agree something has to be done. People will not get banned because it is bad for business, i've seen the glitch, and despite being annoying it was beatable. The only issue I have is it seems a glitch constantly comes up and then everybody gets the harder feats. If it's a vote, then I cast mine for stripping people of the Paradox feat that (we all know) were obtained with use of the glitch over the past few days. I don't care if you killed 50 people in a single match, you can keep that one. You know you're a bad person, just make sure feats people worked hard for aren't awarded to cheating.
    • Like x 3
  5. Ogat New Player

Always a true ray of sunshine Weapie, but I totally agree.
  6. dragonsfollwer New Player

before i go into a raid or alert i imprint sodas into both my dps and troll armories that way i have them when switching
    • Like x 1
  7. The Dark4 Well-Known Player

So how long will servers be down? What is going to get fixed and/or edited?
  8. Clutch Committed Player

I like this idea. It's surprising to see people in chat saying they're using it because everyone else is, or they can't be punished because it's an in game mechanic. An example needs to be made.
  9. IvoMnik New Player

It is totally possible - I mean it will be triple epic fail on the 10th power their servers to not run a log of players activities . Heck I have seen this done in Private Servers for AION years ago - one of the servers had build in Auto-Ban - if your attack speed or movement speed exceeded the max the game allowed for the particular weapon or for your current movement mode - Kaboom - instant JAIL until the case gets a proper review .

But given what you and me saw on EU PC , I think they will skip on the bans this time around , otherwise EUPC might go poof ...
  10. Show Me The Funny New Player

All this griping about who gets banned and suspended... reminds me of grade school. Just fix the glitch and everyone will once again be on equal footing. I grow weary of the armchair lawyers. Quite often the ones who thump the bible the hardest are generally the biggest sinners.
  11. Synge Mark New Player

The fact that people are at that point that they are just used to a glitch, exploiting it until it's fixed, and then crying "Oh well the game was broken. Not my fault." is ridiculous. That needs to get taken care of, you used the glitch. Be a decent human being and stop exploiting issues with a constantly updating game.
    • Like x 1
  12. Weapon7 New Player

This would just mean if enough people break the rules, you can do it aswell. A Free you a get out of jail card. PVE wise its already bad enough, people have been using it in wasteland to do their dailies even, but PVP wise it's even worse. People have stayed away from the game cause of this. It's also not about if this exploiters are beatable or not, it's mostly a waste of time and legit players have to bother with it. So 2 days unplayble game and exploiters should only get 7 days ban?

I also don't want an incentive for not exploiting as this should be normal. No mercy for this exploiters or what would keep them from doing it again?
    • Like x 2
  13. Givens X New Player

Just refresh your stacks when you imprint .. then you ALWAYS have 12 when you switch ... It works as a positive in reverse.
    • Like x 1
  14. Kato99 New Player

It is also bad for business when paying customers start leaving the game because "they get away with it" and those that have abused it can go on to say "see they wont ban me i pay cash i am immune, so i will do whatever i want go ahead report me all you want and waste your time"
  15. Ogat New Player

Yeah.... but NO, heads have to roll. It's the only fair course of action given precedents in the past AND the fact that hose people simply broke the game for a couple of days for all the other players.
    • Like x 1
  16. Magical Reset Committed Player

I wouldn't mind a rollback and another one of those nice "we are sorry we screwed up" style pieces they gave a long time ago when SOE really screwed up even for SOE.
  17. Mepps Sr. Community Manager

US and EU PC are back online.
  18. CoolWhora New Player

Regarding the soda and all consumables. First off the stacks should be limitless in your load out so as long as any soda is in your inventory it should auto load to your load out via the last type that was in the load out..... so dumb and the next thing when you switch it ( the consumable) should also switch unless you are out of sodas or the type of consumable that was being used. In all other mmos I can buy and stack 100s of MP type consumables in my inventory and never worry until I run completely out why are we being treated like kids here. Change the free king value of the stack to read endless or at least 1000 and auto load the consumable.
  19. CoolWhora New Player

OH and HIHI I love you Mepps.
  20. Stardazer Committed Player

While I agree with most of you, I think a few people are blowing this out of proportion. I don't think everyone who has exploited this glitch should be banned. Yes it is against the rules, but some people may genuinely not have known it was a glitch/cheat and went along with it. This was the same reaction most people had with clipping until the devs clarified that clipping was allowed.

People are acting as if they had their credit cards stolen or something. Relax! I do think it's extremely unfair, more so in PvP than PvE, but don't blame the mass for the mistakes of the few. We now know, since the devs addressed it, that it is indeed a cheat. Therefore, should you see anyone exploiting the glitch now, then let them know that before you report them. Remember, not all the players check the forums.