Update on Batman 75

Discussion in 'Concluded' started by BuzzWerd, Apr 4, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DRAMA9048 New Player

ummmmm isnt that what I said it would be awhile in game before we saw them meaning they will start work on them next LOL are you the dam forum police or what bro geez
  2. DRAMA9048 New Player

in fact go back and watch it again he said thats what they will work on next but there was still lots legends in game we will see before those but those legends were already done so the devs would be on the flash family soon
  3. Jafin 10000 Post Club

No, it's not what you said. You said that Jens said the next group of Legends they are working onnow are Flash and Grodd etc. That is the complete opposite of the correction I gave you. Jens said that after they finish working on what they are already working on then he hopes to have the Flash family worked in.

Edit: and no, I'm not the forum police but when I see somebody giving incorrect information on the forums I do my best to correct that person in the nicest possible way because incorrect information is how rumours start and rumours with false information lead to people being disappointed.
    • Like x 4
  4. jimmyjjohn New Player

Will there be more model work? It isn't Neal Adams unless he has the long ears. Also will it be just a skin or will he have some new moves?
  5. DRAMA9048 New Player

yea so heres the thing Im not gonna argue on a forum about a little tiny detail you chose to pick out and gripe about basically we were sayin same thing in the future flash legends will be in game but its gonna be a bit before then but if u wanna argue and gripe go ahead I got better things to do!! XD
  6. Jafin 10000 Post Club

I'm not arguing, I honestly don't understand how you don't see that we were saying two completely different things. But hey, what do I know? I only just finished a three year university degree studying writing and the English language. Have a pleasant day.
    • Like x 1
  7. Lionxoft Committed Player

Blue and silver/grey.

[IMG]
  8. Batman Beyond Well-Known Player

Any update yet on getting some Batman Styles? Good job on the PvP suit, hope you guys show some PvE love with new styles.
  9. omega2550 Well-Known Player

I haven't read this entrie thread. So if what I will be asking about has already been talked about.

Please let me know.

So how about bring back either the batman Helmet/mask back or re-create it as a part of a new Batman Armor set for his 75th Birthday.

P.S. Who is the other female blond character next to the new classic Legend's Batman. Could that be Cassie AKA Wonder Girl or Galataia (Supergirl's Evil Clone From Justice League Unlimited)
  10. omega2550 Well-Known Player

How about a new Batman uniform based on this Cas Cain Batgirl uniform. I think that would make a good looking Batman uniform design and then adds some armor padding like in the current 52 version and you would have on kick *** new Batman uniform..

Tha Cas Cain Batgirl uniform Pic I'm talking about was posted by Houdei in my Barbara Gordon"s Batgirl as a possible Legends character. If you want to see what I'm talking about
  11. AbsoluteZero Committed Player

This is my idea for what they should for batman's 75th for PVE they should do an event similar to the seasonal events that gives everyone the opportunity to get some bat oriented base items along with some new batman inspired styles and even include a rare drop like the bat sword from batman dark knight of the round table and have the event last maybe a couple of days or even a week so everyone regardless of lvl or cr has the same chances
  12. White Falcon New Player

All I ask is that killing this new Batman as Bane counts for the "Breaking the Bat" feat PLEASE!!!! Very few people have the original Batman, and most don't use him so this feat is virtually impossible nowadays.
  13. Pingvinozavr Dedicated Player

I t probably will count - it count with the Future Batman.
  14. Jafin 10000 Post Club

It's Wonder Girl. She was leaked a few months ago.
  15. Archangel Rafael New Player

Here's a better looks at Troika era Batman , the one SOE provided at the voting site II found a bit confusing
    [IMG]

Its an all-black bodysuit with only the cape and cowl in standard Batamn Dark-blue.

Fer the love of Adams, don't let them put the garbag52 suit into legends. Thanks for your support :cool:
    • Like x 1
  16. Archangel Rafael New Player

"Troika", the Russian word for "Trinity", was the title of a multi-issue story that began immedialty following the Kinghtend's End arc where Bruce defeated Jean-Paul Valley and Bane and returned to the role of Batman. It's Bruce 1st story back as Batman after Knightfall and it's the beginning of the Troika era.

The story title "Troika" refers to the 3 Russian recurring villians brought out of retirement Colonel Vega, KGBeast, and Dark Rider. However this story marked the beginning of an era where Batman, Knightwing and Robin (a Bat-Trinity) worked in concert for the next 10+ years.

During this era Batman saw a return to the Bat-Family themes which examine how the different bat-characters become a non-traditional family in the wake of their family losses. This was a major theme of Batman in the Silver Age which had receded through the "Worlds Greatest Detective" and "Dark Knight" Bat-eras.
    [IMG]

The "Troika Era" continues to examine these Bat-Family themes through Bruce Wayne: Murderer, Officer Down, No Man's Land story arcs of the "DC Renaissance" era which ends when the dropped the steaming pile of 52 on us.
    [IMG]
    • Like x 1
  17. RAGE101 New Player

i like the new 52 style
    and the thomas wayne style from flashpoint would be cool. (with his own loadout).
    • Like x 1
  18. Seth Grey New Player

The New 52 got a lot of things wrong, the Bat suit was not one of them.
    • Like x 1
  19. Archangel Rafael New Player

BS. The 52 batsuit has tons of things wrong with it. It's maybe the best of the crap52 suits but still... garbage

The "underwear on the ouside" look has a purpose to comics. It hasn't been a part of comics for 50 years for no reason. That look makes it easier to convey body positioning. Suits without that or some other sort of waist/pelvic detail makes some poses look ambiguous.

All those piping detail lines? What are those for? Nothing. They do nothing. Its just a fashion statement. That's just Lee putting a signature on something. A signature that adds nothing to the look but makes it a pain in the *ss for everybody to draw. Doesn't matter since the 52 will be over in another couple years but this is the kinda of stuff that doesn't last in comics for the long haul.

He crapped up the gloves with armored knuckles and some other crap. The whole suit looks heavier, thicker. That's a bad thing.

There's an adage in comics that the less a character wears, the more powerful they seem to the reader. This is an emotional effect that is felt by the reader. Maybe the logic is that the character doesn't need anything to be powerful. There's a reason that comic costumes basically look like the person is naked. The suit is almost painted on. It makes the character look powerful, free, dynamic. It makes the action scenes look good.

Lee is a very good artist in most respects (the only knock on him is his female proportions are awful) so he can make all these crap52 suits looks good. Right now DC is employing a few different artists to do Lee-esque styles which keeps these costumes looking good, but they are stylized. Lee's style. These things will look like crap under a different art style. Changing evolving art styles is germane to comics. So the crap52 costumes are dated from the get-go. D.O.A.

Everything about the crap52 is designed to be dated and disposable. Its just a big money grab because DC knows that fanboys buy anything with a single-digit issue number. They brought in the architect of flash-in-the-pan iMage to spearhead this garbage run. It's crossover madness taken to a whole new level following the xtreme 90s blueprint. Does anybody believe that the 52 is the new permanent condition of DC? Did anybody believe that Jean-Paul Valley was gonna be Batman for the next decade?

Good comic costumes' designs take into account that many different people have to draw it over decades and they will apply diferent styles to it. Simplicity is versatile. Lee made this batsuit for him to draw by himself for about 5 years and then it can go away. Its designed disposable.
    [IMG][IMG]

for more about the "less is more" rule of comic-costume design, check out the creation story of SilverSurfer, Flash(Barry) and Kratos (God of War)
  20. RitzyDitzy New Player

Yay more Batman stuff, I hope we get more kryptonians and lanterns in Legends too. (sarcasm) When will DC just change their name to Batman comics?

P.S. I laughed so hard at the above post when he said Jim Lee is a good artist.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.