Update on Batman 75

Discussion in 'Concluded' started by BuzzWerd, Apr 4, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. BuzzWerd Developer

Hey, everyone.

So, it looks like we put something on the test server when we weren't supposed to. This new Batman you may have seen is indeed coming to Legends PvP. A couple of things to clarify, though – this Batman is not finished, which is why it looks like it’s not finished. Also, it is not replacing the current Batman that is currently in Legends PvP.

So what is it? It is one way in which we are celebrating 75 Years of Batman. This particular Batman will be heading to the in-game marketplace and will be available for everyone to purchase with Station Cash or Marketplace Cash soon. No, I don’t have a price yet and no, I don’t have a date yet. But stay tuned for those details and more. Also? It's a long year. There will be more of these coming. And they won’t all be for the in-game marketplace. We’ll let you all know more about that as the celebration continues.

In the meantime, what do you guys think about the classic Batman style? I mostly think of Neal Adams and the era when Batman transitioned back from campy TV character into the Dark Knight again. Mepps isn’t a fan. But Mepps also hates puppies and freedom.

Mepps' Note: Mepps wasn't around in the 1800s or whatever when Batman wore blue. Batman wears black.
    • Like x 53
  2. MrMigraine Devoted Player

Very cool!

As I said in the other thread, I'm very happy with the Neal Adams style ... but if there are more styles coming from a wide variety of eras, that's even better news!
    • Like x 10
  3. Burning_Baron Loyal Player

Will there be more model work? It isn't Neal Adams unless he has the long ears. Also will it be just a skin or will he have some new moves?
  4. FaLeX Dedicated Player

[IMG]
    • Like x 18
  5. Lord Aiden Well-Known Player

Azreal batman. When bane broke bruces back. That costume would be a great add
    • Like x 5
  6. BumblingB I got better.

Wait, so we will STILL have a grey square?!

I don't mind it if it is done right and since you said it is a WIP, we probably will get a pretty good looking Batman.

Still sad we can't have the original Batman that is in the game. :(
    • Like x 7
  7. TheDark Devoted Player

I once hated freedom...

I love blue. So I love blue batman. I'd buy it. Just make him OP.
    • Like x 3
  8. MrMigraine Devoted Player

Batman wore Black and Grey in the 1800's. :p

[IMG]
    • Like x 10
  9. SuperBell Loyal Player

Well I'm glad he won't be replacing the normal Batman. Will this stay in the marketplace, or is it limited for the 75th anniversary?
  10. Tikkun Loyal Player

You can never have enough Batman.
    • Like x 11
  11. ncgreenlantern Loyal Player

Im sure a few lantern batman legends are on the way .
    • Like x 1
  12. Valsmurf Loyal Player

I love it! Will buy day one :D

This is an excellent idea and I'm super glad to see it's not an isolated event. Character skins for legends is just an amazing idea on so many levels.

I know you probably can't talk about it, but you just made my day with those teasers you just gave. There's like 20 batman outfits I would loooove to see in game. Also, it would be super cool to see Council of Batmen from Origin Crisis which i imagine wouldnt be just skins.

Oh and skins for superman and wonder woman and lex, sooo many posibilities! sooo very excited
    • Like x 3
  13. Sivulla Dedicated Player

But will these batmans be using their own unique skills or the same as pre-order/future batman?
  14. Nightcrawler Legionnaire

Blue with Yellow oval Batman is the definitive Batman for me. Let's see more classics (and give us some of these styles as well, please.)

[IMG]
    • Like x 17
  15. Curse Bringer Most Wanted

well i'm estatic! though i hate the gray space. just they grey itself, i wont mind not having OG batman.
    I absolutely love the fact we can all play as normal batman!!!!
    on another note, can we do something about they grey space ? like a script that picks up wether we have OG batman or not so the new batman replaces the grayed out one if we dont own OG batman or adds a new space if we do?
    • Like x 2
  16. Jafin 10000 Post Club

Guys...what if we get the 60s Batman and Adam West voices him...guys...
    • Like x 15
  17. KrimsonScourge New Player

Sorry Mepps, Neal Adam's "classic" Bat ftw. (Though to be fair to those who dig the grey/black that was his original color scheme from the 30's to early 60's.)
    • Like x 3
  18. KrimsonScourge New Player

Hilarity ensues?
    • Like x 5
  19. Sodam Yat Dedicated Player

This is extremely cool, a great shout for his 75th anniversary and his roots.
    Great job devs, even though it isn't finished it instantly reminded me of the Neal Adams era.

On a side note though, was DC a bit strict about doing something similar for Supermans 75th last year or something?
    • Like x 3
  20. Curse Bringer Most Wanted

while were on the topic of skins. if you look at the special membership package it shows we get future harley and future bats. but it shows the nexys/prime/ OC future batman instead of the one we have in legends. are we going to get the beaten up model for future or is that just a marketing screw up?
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.