Unicorn Trinket Reflection

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Volkenraider, Feb 28, 2014.

1. BigAl Devoted Player

You are right. They are listening. But to whom? I would like to point out something interesting.

During a FNL event, I asked my buddy Exington to ask Jens when they were adding more weapon back styles. Jens then had a rather obtuse response clarifying that this wasn't important enough that there were other things more important to work on.
    When my league made it to FNL, my league leader asked again when they were planning on adding these. This time, the dodge was styles clipping being an issue.
    I have made a thread asking for such an addition. It has received many likes. Many responses. Many people that want something like this in-game.

I understand, they can't listen to everyone, all the time. And lately, they have shown that they are trying to make a game that WE want to play. Maybe I should make a hashtag and get my idea implemented. :p
    • Like x 7
  2. Breakforce Loyal Player

All the power to you on that

But the key is a focus on positivity and civility. That is what is going to get things done.
    • Like x 2
  3. Greenman_x Steadfast Player

Wait...

Is this actually a real thing thats happening? This isnt some kind of sick twisted joke? We're actually getting a Unicorn trinket in a Superhero game?

...Why...

I better at least be able to clip with the damn thing
    • Like x 2
  4. No Aywok New Player

That's not a complete revamp when talking about balancing Precision and Might. I can see "small" changes like this on each piece of gear, adding up to a more even playing field. I like the way this looks "on paper", get to the point and not meddle around where things do not need to be tweaked.

The biggest issue is the community. No one ever agrees on what is best, and it turns in to, "Nerf this!", "No, this is much worse! Please hear my QQ first!".

There are many schisms apparent on this forum, one of the most glaring happens to be balance discussion related to Powersets/Precision/Might.
  5. SupertoadLive Well-Known Player

I agree that there are serious issues in our game that should be addressed in a prioritized manner. That being said, I have seen and heard proof of that prioritization through developer interraction on the forums, streaming live casts and Private Messages. The player community has a group of players that communicate concerns to the developers on a regular basis as well.

A game as large as this will not be able to correct issues to the satisfaction of the majority of the player base. It's frustrating and it should be. Expressing your opinion on an issue means you CARE and your emotion should never be belittled.

I would like to thank everyone for expressing their opinion on the Unicorn Trinket in this thread and all the others over the many, many months that this idea has been banging around. I would also like to thank the developers for acknowledging a small portion of the community by spending a small amount of time to make this "dream" a reality.

More people wanted the Green Aura than anyone wanted this trinket and they got it. More people wanted auras more than this trinket and they got it. More people wanted specialized weapon skins than anyone wanted this trinket and they got it. The people that wanted this Unicorn Trinket just wanted it to have MORE fun in a game that they ALREADY enjoy and it looks like we may get it. We're all a part of a work in progress and it is always good to see that civil communication (for the most part; and I'm including myself in the exception list here) will produce results of one form or another in the long run. And in the end, isn't that what we all want?
    • Like x 8
  6. CrappyHeals Devoted Player

Yea what I stated wouldn't fix everything but it would be a great start to actually seeing wich individual power needed what.

And I agree the forums are the issue with to constant nerf this threads everyday. For the most part I think a lot of the might powers are pretty good and can be top dps with the right player in the right situation. I find power to be the main issue when dpsing with a might based power.

I just don't get how the devs operate. They listen to the wrong people a lot of the times and go about "fixing" things the wrong or harder way. Just look at the one handed nerf, sure it needed a nerf but it didn't need to be turned in to garbage. And why nerf one handed an make dual wield OP??? Didn't everyone just get done complaining about one handed being OP so they figue they'll make Dual Wield even better than one handed was??? I don't get the devs

Bottom line I just think time could be better spent on the thinks that need to be fixed
  7. No Aywok New Player

Sorry for the OT, everyone, I'll be returning to PS land....

I was busy with 2H at the time, so I did not get to use 1H during that whole shenanigans. Was there a reason that they couldn't have just treated this like Staff or DW (after the half-charge doing full damage fix), and simply had the mechanic for charge reduced to either 1 of 2 states -- fully-charged or not charged.

Was there a reason that the damage got nerfed as well? I know this is all in the past and done with but, couldn't they have left the damage alone on a full charge? It's not like it's hitting even 1 extra person.

Sorry, I just don't get dev balancing in MMOs most of the time; this is not the best game for balancing, but it's also far from the worst.
  8. CrappyHeals Devoted Player

1hand was just super beast for the short time it took to charge..well at least everyone thought it's was bit then came DW lol.

And as for OP stuff I never complain who cares. I'm nature and always will be nature cause I like the power. No matter how much better another power is then mine I won't switch. If I'm not top dps cause another powers is better than mine oh well I did the best I could with what I have and just except that some powers are better than others.

Way off topic lol
  9. Bokugo New Player

TC would you rather learn how quantum mechanics work, or bake a delicious apple pie?
    Granted both will need to be done, but which do you think you can do first?
  10. Gargamond Dedicated Player

Ok so hundreds of people have written threads about how they want whips and chains and nunchucks and rocket launchers in DCUO. Instead, we get unicorns and weapon mastery?! WHAT?!

So. Unicorns are in what DC comic? I thought so.

Unicorns are a MARVEL thing.

Stop the madness.
    • Like x 2
  11. Stiltz New Player

This thread is more of a drain on the devs resources than the unicorn freaking trinket ever will be.
    • Like x 3
  12. CarlynnCarnage 10000 Post Club

Not that I've ever read it, but...

[IMG]
    • Like x 8
  13. Valsmurf Loyal Player

Awesome!
  14. EzioNight New Player

What a dumbbutt ideas! Who ever came up with the stupid Unicom trinket idea should seriously get shot! It's as stupid as PvP mechanics in PvE!
    • Like x 2
  15. Valsmurf Loyal Player

it's the same impact that the bouncy cube ball had on both parties, that was certainly a strong message to the community.

They told us they think square planets are bad and should be thrown around, they don't care about the population inside cube planets, we should stop supporting such sadistic devs. Poor bizarro people, what did they ever do to deserve such tragedy?

jokes aside, if it's a cosmetic item for the marketplace i would be soooo delighted! Why didn't you make a thread about the new weapon styles in the marketplace? In all likelyhood it'll be the same thing. and even if it isn't i can guarantee whatever they do will take less dev time and resources to build than those styles, which bring MONEY into the game.

I love Mouse's thread on cosmetic stuff, other games are making a killing selling cosmetic stuff. So much so, they give away their actual content for free! Cosmetic items are at the core of any real f2p game and dcuo is sorely lacking in that department.

Oh and i'm sure others have pointed it out already, but devs can work on many things at once, animators can't work on systems, character artists can't work on engineering and so on.

just because you think it's silly, doesn't mean others won't like it and spend money it. Just because you think it's dumb, doesn't mean everyone does. Your opinion is just that, thank you for expressing it.
  16. TheLoneLantern New Player

You invalidated your entire post with that last statement.
    • Like x 5
  17. Splinter Cell Dedicated Player

Those of you trying to derail the thread, feel free to stop. I do hope a mod comes in and removes those posts, it is a place of rainbows and happiness, after all. :D

It's a small trinket and it makes US and, others who wholeheartedly supported the idea, feel special and included in the devs' loving embrace for supporting this fantastic game. The Revengencers play this game to have fun. Period. No drama, no griping, no hate, and we certainly do not belittle other players; unless you're being silly and you then deserve a good roast. But, even then, we do it all in good fun. We're not the mean-spirited competitive type. Amazingly enough, if you're fun to talk to, listen to, and respectful; you just MIGHT get a treat. Mind = blown, right? That is ALL this is. We goofed around, they found it humorous enough to throw in a little somethin'-somethin'. While others who are not familiar with the inside joke, and the origin of its creation, they'll still enjoy it. That is the intention of the game, to be enjoyed. If you want to quit the game over this, don't let the good door hit your sour bum on the way out.

I have been watching Spytle and Mepps, and other devs, take the time to be more vocal over the concerns on the forums as of late, and I am so very thankful we have a team that is so very passionate about what they do, in order to provide us with an engaging game along with some cool content designs.

The game needs work, not ONE of us denies that. It's an MMO, you fix one bug, and then 20 more rear their ugly heads. It's an on-going battle and it is never, NEVER going to end. But, seriously, it's a huge project and I doubt it's just a small studio apartment with Spytle, Tunso, Millbarge, Loche, Spord, and Dizzy Kraken as the sole developers of the game. They're just the more vocal ones. ;) They have teams working on bugs, they have teams working on the combat, teams for the art design, teams for the music, teams for PvP, etc. etc. etc. But, I digress.

We may not always agree with their choices, or the direction they're taking. But it is my firm, and unyielding, belief that the developers have nothing but the best intentions for their vision of just how amazing this game will transform into the future. We're only 3+ years in, we still have so much untapped DC Universe to explore and discover with our own characters. Sit back, relax, enjoy your trinket, and enjoy the ride. In the end, it's all about fun and having some cool people to play with. :)

My thanks again to Spytle and his awesome creator team, Mepps, Tunso, Millbarge, Loche, Spord, and Dizzy Kraken for being so awesome on the forums lately, and us Vengies will no doubt enjoy this silly gift. Thanks, again, for all your hard work. :D :p
    • Like x 7
  18. Simon Phoenix Active Player

I have resisted making an account on this page for a long time cuz I kno I would argue with a lot of you,this stupid unicorn thing is the worse idea I have heard and a big disrespect for actual DC fans.Even thinking about this dumb trinket is getting me vex.
    • Like x 1
  19. Splinter Cell Dedicated Player

Your argument is invalid, and therefore it is wrong. See? I can make a poor argument too. ;)

I say that with all the love in the world for you. :)
    • Like x 4
  20. MercPony Devoted Player

This can be perceived both positively and negatively :confused:

Darn you, Mepps!