Ultimate Omnibus Adventure - A Quest in Search of An Outlier [Videos]

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Proxystar, Sep 5, 2022.

1. Proxystar #Perception

Just the one sentiment I really wanted to comment on, because this thread is designed more for instance specific feedback really, but you can't expect the game to be "free all the way", if the difference between a positive and negative experience is to buy an armory and make a build then seriously spend the $5 and stop being so frugal.

Some peoples negative experiences aren't realistically because of the clamp but are only the consequence of their choice not to spend any money on the game.

The game might be free to play, but it also isn't a charity and expecting it to be continually designed in a way that removes your desire to spend any money, at all, is utterly and entirely unrealistic.
    • Like x 2
  2. SethZoulMonEl 10000 Post Club

Could be I just don't know the strategies for these since I was gone, but would you mind looking into the Age of Justice: War Crimes Operation? Seems a bit more difficult than most alerts post-Omnibus (first boss especially).
  3. Proxystar #Perception

I haven't looked at one of these in a while, but sure if I get a moment.
    • Like x 1
  4. Korlick Loyal Player

Stay out of adds line of fire. Or if you cant find a safe spot to avoid the machineguns and grenades, just burn a few of them as they begin to spawn (they die quick).

Last boss, if theres no healer in the group, not following mechanics might be rough.
    At one point, Eclipso will put a Purple Aura on one of the players (or more than one if not cleansed). This aura will do heavy damage to everyone. Dr.Fate will put anks across the room, and the player with the aura have to go there to cleanse the aura (making the ank dissapear). But group has to be careful, if someone whos not affected by the aura goes to the ank, it will disapear and wont be available to the person that need it.
    This can lead to aura phases being longer and more than one player could end up having the aura active, which could lead to wipes because of the high damage received.

If there is a healer in the group, anks can be ignored. In fact, there is a feat for doing it that way.
    • Like x 1
  5. Illumin411 Loyal Player

I normally abhor necros but this is a good thread to necro. It's still a relevant topic and contains some actual evidence based info on the topic, in large part to Proxy :)

In my experience, whether it's a smooth run or a cluster*** usually depends on the tanking. On my gadgets main, I can still do quite a bit of carrying but there's only so much I can do and I've definitely still had some runs that were utter fails.

But on my tanking alt, it's always either smooth and fast or mostly smooth with some deaths and pickups and a bit slower. We always eventually get through and almost never wipe. Even in TSWr a couple weeks back, there were a ton of deaths on 1st boss since two of the source titans kind of roam around and cause havoc regardless of agro. Still we just keeping picking up and plowing through. Same run last boss, someone didn't block Perpetuas beam and everybody was down except me and one other (probably healer or troll since they'd have much stronger personal shields). I got 2 pickups, the other person got 2 pickups and we finished with 6. No wipes!

I've mostly been blind queuing these instances for the Powerful Gift collection drops and I've been doing it all on my tank alt for this very reason. Literally just now ran COEr and during the first adds before the first boss someone said "FINALLY a good tank!" and I know exactly why. It can be rough out there!