Ultimate Omnibus Adventure - A Quest in Search of An Outlier [Videos]

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Proxystar, Sep 5, 2022.

1. the solowing Steadfast Player

Because i can skip the on-loading any additional data onto my Ps4 hard-drive, editing button, skip the render, and not have to upload it to youtube anyway. Proxy is doing a edited video, im doing a real-time play-through of the raids.
    • Like x 1
  2. Stanktonia Dedicated Player

People were wiping in elite before the clamp while being dlcs above previous raids, that’s because mechanics steer the progress of elite, not stats. Maybe if Omnibus could offer some form of guideline for elite instances that could help
    • Like x 1
  3. Catastrophic Repercussion Dedicated Player

You mean you're not putting any meaningful effort into what you're presenting and produce barely watchable content.
    For reasons unclear.

Any further elaboration on you framing me as anti-clamp?
  4. the solowing Steadfast Player

Youre right im not, im simply sharing a glimpse through the lens of my perspective, and the only thing you've complained about is the lens being dirty rather than anything in it lol

Im not streaming in 1080p for you, Ps4 gave me a 360p so i chose 360p. Take your problem up with my ISP.
    • Like x 2
  5. Catastrophic Repercussion Dedicated Player

A very bad perspective that no one asked for in the first place and still serves no practical purposes.

Still no comment about you lying about me being anti-clamp? I can wait all day.
  6. Tiffany6223 Devoted Player

I'm not trying to prove anything. I'm simply helping a friend by queuing up with him so he can make his vid.
    • Like x 1
  7. Raven Nocturnal Loyal Player

I would hope so, but I find it far easier and practical to just post about outliers specifically instead of what ISN'T an outlier. Hence my own thread on the matter recently posted.
    • Like x 2
  8. Kimone Luthor Genetech Clone

I'm more interested in seeing the rest of the raids than the rest of the complaints right now...

This is providing very similar results to the Bounty videos - wherein everyone thought the sky was falling because of the Open World difficulty adjustments, then the sky was verified to not, in fact, actually be falling, and then afterwards nitpicking commenced in an attempt to discredit 100% unaltered visual proof to the contrary of the complaints being leveled...
    • Like x 3
  9. Kimone Luthor Genetech Clone

It seems more like pushback because the initial evidence, such as it is, verifies the baselessness of some of the complaints being levelled against the stat clamp.
    • Like x 3
  10. Catastrophic Repercussion Dedicated Player

Oh you mean your videos where you don't fully understand the mechanics and rely a lot on you being tank to survive,
    then proceed to harass other players who don't care about your solo and still think yourself righteous enough to film it?
    [IMG]
    Teaches nothing and proves nothing.
    • Like x 4
  11. Kimone Luthor Genetech Clone

Ehhh, I do more than just tank, but you'd know that if you weren't fixated on one moment of frustration and insistent upon continuously trying to present that as the only context in which I operate.

Especially since this is literally the only thing you ever bring up. One screenshot. Keep coming back to it like a little starving rat to a pellet dispenser. Bam Bam Bam.

Which I think says more about you that it does about me, but hey... Here you are harping on it.

Again.
    • Like x 4
  12. PrincessBunny Well-Known Player

While I Appreciate the hard work you put into this, I would like to see you NOT Battle Tank as looking at the scorecard in the end of all the raids and feel it's a little skewed, I would like to see you only as a dps minus some artifacts, maybe as a healer or a troll.

I personally don't mind the stat clamp I do think you get some good omnibus raids and ones that are pure hell, not everyone in these raids will have 200 artifacts or DLC augments as I noticed you put yours on, I did watch the videos.

I think there is a lot of other variables to consider. The 15% needs to be slightly adjusted to lets say 20-25% to make others in here happy. I would like to see the Omnibus broken down by Tier, I DO NOT want to que for All the Raids or Alerts and Duos.

I think the rewards should be a little better for Omnibus, like a big chunk of Nth Metal, A Stab Fragment, Artifact Catalyst, Ally Favor.

I would like to see the Devs also take a look not only reducing source marks of certain raids but raids that take longer the source marks be Increased. Thank you, Please continue your testing:D
    • Like x 3
  13. Kimone Luthor Genetech Clone

[IMG]
    • Like x 3
  14. Catastrophic Repercussion Dedicated Player

I do know and commented a lot more about how you fail or brute force through the mechanics then present it as if anyone can do it.
    As you know mepps protected your thread from me, but it's not like you were or still helping anyone.

The one screenshot is just the perfect encapsulation of your in-game reputation.
    and hey, you still leave it on your channel, so it's not like you see anything wrong in your behaviour.

Plus hey, you're the one who got touchy because you *thought* I was criticizing you at first,
    and now gets touchy because I see much more actual aspects to criticize you.
    Kinda funny.
    • Like x 3
  15. the solowing Steadfast Player

One of the devs stated that bumping it above 15% begins to break raids again,
    • Like x 3
  16. PrincessBunny Well-Known Player

Well I think a lot of this is in the coding and it's something they really need to revisit, since our cr also increases with each DLC.
    • Like x 1
  17. Raven Nocturnal Loyal Player

Well I do remember somewhere seeing that they would like us to give feedback on individual instances that might not be working as intended after clamp. I am trying my best to instigate as such with my other thread currently.

https://forums.daybreakgames.com/dc...al-stat-clamp-omnibus-outliers-thread.324505/

So if you know of any, please post there.
    • Like x 3
  18. Proxystar #Perception

Will add to my list, I actually fully expect the puzzle room in Spindrift to be a train wreck, so we'll see :D

With respect to Paradox I think that probably needs to be run multiple times in various ways given its difficulty variations.

I queue the omnibus system in both roles, realistically I think that's what all players should be prepared to do, playing only one role whether that be support or dps only serves to hamper yourself and actually increases the risk of a self inflicted negative experience. With that being said, if a random player queues tank I will switch to DPS and did so, I note in my Wonderverse video, I didn't even notice until later, that a second tank was present because they arrived later when someone dipped, had I noticed at the time I'd have actually switched DPS when they clearly chose not to either.

In a general sense, I will tank, only when a random tank is not present and will otherwise DPS, I will however, switch tank if the need arises as that is what armories are of course for. I don't think its fair to let a group purposefully wipe out a refusal to switch on the fly if needed.

If I have to solo finish a boss then I'll put that in the outcome, it would become a potential outlier, which is the purpose of this fun experiment.

I've actually run Blackest Night and Bottle Ship a few times in the past, Prison Break, haven't but will add to list :)
    • Like x 2
  19. Proxystar #Perception

The raids or other content as well? FOS3 has been done on page 1 :)

That's exactly what this is, if it finds instances that have issues along the way then all the better for everyone. Generally I have no interest in hiding train wreck instances or encounters, in fact actually the opposite, I'd really like to find them, because then focus can be put on why they're train wrecks, how can the experience be altered if need be to help the casual experience, along the way of course we're also going to find the instances where there's no issues at all. I fully expect to encounter instances that don't go well.

More the merrier :D

• Like x 2
  20. Proxystar #Perception

To be fair I'm not going to not battle tank, although I do appreciate what you're saying.

In saying that, I am only going tank when a random tank is not present, whether I then go battle tank or pure tank at that point is neither here nor there, because in clamped omnibus content all tank powers are capable of creating a viable and robust battle tank build if they're capable of creating a pure one - there's literally no reason not to do so if you're serious about improving your omnibus experience.

I was also DPS in a number of my videos :)

I also don't have any non 200 artifacts to use and in saying that, also remember that artifacts are only a part of my progression equation, I have everything else that stat pierces as well. A part of what this experiment highlights is the random nature of the omnibus experience and I am a random variable within that equation as well, how rare a player like me might be in any given omnibus experience is probably difficult to tell without a massive sample size.

You are exactly right when you and others have said some omnibus experiences are easy and others are hard, that is true, but with that said as well, the clamps attempt to balance is found somewhere in the middle of both extremities, the absolutely terrible and the absolute amazing. If you push content so low that it becomes easy for any experience, especially the worst, you risk completely trivializing it at the opposite end, even worse than it already is - that's in fact why targeting specific problematic instances is better than adjusting the clamp more widely.

In fact my Battle tanking somewhat proves this also, because in a few of my videos I was close to top DPS in tank role, yes that made the instance 'easier' than it might have otherwise been, but imagine how easier still that would have been if all the DPS in the instance were doing better DPS than a Battle tank - the instance would have been melted even quicker than in my video :D

With that being said, I will try to as time permits run instances extra times to see what variable experiences arise, I'll try to run some instances on some alternative weaker characters as well to see what that's like as time permits, since there is no deadline of course - this will just become an ongoing project :)
    • Like x 3