Troll Artifact - Questions

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Black Prime OG, Feb 14, 2018.

1. Black Prime OG Devoted Player

Bump. Still looking for clarification on how this artifact actually works. I've got clips from Mepps saying it is a power heal, and others that it just increases power pool.
    • Like x 1
  2. Mazahs Loyal Player

Keep the bump alive. I also messaged Mepps again...
  3. Black Prime OG Devoted Player

An now obsiadian chill has made a video also shows that it only buffs the power pool, no a power heal.

Would really love some confirmation on how this artifact works.
  4. Mazahs Loyal Player

Yeah, I've even seen this now after talking with LastSon in game and Darth here on forums. There are a lot more ?'s that some serious testing has brought up (again in my PM to Mepps)

The difficulty in testing this and the variable we are seeing just aren't adding up to what Mepps had sent to me as a Power-Heal.
    • Like x 1
  5. TybeeTahiri Devoted Player

I think that it’s clear from the description and from the testing in the videos that it just increases power. I think Mepps just made a mistake.
    • Like x 1
  6. Mazahs Loyal Player

Possibly- but the message was very clear. Both in how I asked (there's also a LOT of other wonkiness going on with power distribution) and in his response.

If in fact it was a typo then no problem, but it really should be cleared up.
    • Like x 1
  7. TybeeTahiri Devoted Player

All due respect to Mepps, but I really wish the Devs themselves would post more here, especially for issues like these.

There should be ongoing Dev Discussions for each power and each role where players can voice concerns or bugs or get clarification.
    • Like x 3
  8. Black Prime OG Devoted Player

Bump.

A friend of mine is confirming munitions is AWESOME with this trinket. He's also not having to use recharge, and battle trolling.
    • Like x 1
  9. MrMigraine Devoted Player

Is it possible that both sides are correct?

That the Artifact is indeed increasing the Power Pool, but is then somehow immediately filling the space that it added to the bucket - making it act like a Power Dump as well?
    • Like x 3
  10. Mazahs Loyal Player

Not entirely sure but something is happening. After hours of testing and discussing I can't get a true answer (which usually means somewhere in the middle)

There appears to be a few things wrong with how power is given post revamp. Hit me up in league and Ill be more than happy to discuss what a few of us have found. I have at least 300 seperate parse testings done and they don't fully add up.

Same power dump gone and running dps loadout with debufs and doing very well in power and damage. I am only spec'd full troll
    • Like x 1
  11. TheLorax 15000 Post Club

12. Juiceman936 Well-Known Player

He is telling the truth. I am a battle troll and only have to power dump when dps or tanks have excessive power using rotations. The troll role is back strong again. I'm HL battle troll. Must have high sp to battle troll tho
    • Like x 1
  13. Controller Devoted Player

I just got the newest Troller Artifact to level 90 or so and I believe it buffs the power pools of your teammates - as some have said here in the thread.

I read this thread when it first popped and started to pay attention to the artifact's use once I hit level 80.

This "should" - in theory - be a good thing due to the fact that the increased power pools of my teammates are a direct result of my using debuffs on bosses or adds, as per the comments on the artifacts I believe. Hopefully that increases among the Troller population out there that is still new and inexperienced.

I see very little deviation in "MY" Power Out on the scoreboard. My teammates are definitely running out of power LESS - save for the rare stray that drinks power like kool-aid. I still see one or two of these players on rare ocassions.

Looking forward to getting to level 120 with this artifact and increasing the benefits. Once I do I "may" start switching to Battle Troller.
  14. Black Prime OG Devoted Player

Ran a bunch of content last night. My friend who is battle trolling, munitions. I was running as atomic dps, and trying to empty my bar. Couldn't do it. He is using recharge every now and then, but very rarely. His damage out is what made me smile. I'd say with my battle tank, I'm doing about 60% or more damage of a good dps. He is up around 80%.
  15. Darth Loyal Player

Post a run of you and your friend running content and I can tell you exactly where every single blue number comes from (obviously if you put combat log up and have it only showing power in, that would be easier). In fact run the same thing twice with him using the Power Harness in one and switching it out in the next and the power situation won't change at all.

As for your off topic stuff, yes battle tanking and trolling are both very viable and fun in none top content. I do it all the time and often get top damage.
  16. Black Prime OG Devoted Player

17. Darth Loyal Player

If you're bumping in hopes that a dev will answer, you might be expecting too much. If you check my sig, there was a bug with instant power that I (and others on the forums) found/observed and eventually got fixed but there was not a word from the devs about it until the fix was launched in an update. This was back in 2014 when the dev activity was higher.
  18. Black Prime OG Devoted Player

I'm very persistent. :)

I'll either get an answer or this thread will be here for a while. There are still players seeing different things with this trinket. If a green could confirm, at least how it is supposed to work, then we would know if it is bugged.
  19. Darth Loyal Player

Seeing different things or seeing the same thing and misinterpreting it because of "feelings" and/or poor experimental procedure? There's a big difference there :p
  20. Black Prime OG Devoted Player

Agreed, but I'd rather hear it from the horses mouth.

You can think it works one way, but what if that is wrong and not how it was intended to function? You don't, your only going by the numbers. Not disagreeing with the way you say it works. Just want to hear that from a green name.

From what am seeing in raids, it is not working the way you and a couple of others is saying. Like i said, not saying your wrong, but no one seems to be 100% right either. Clarification won't hurt anyone. :)