Troll Artifact - Questions

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Black Prime OG, Feb 14, 2018.

1. Black Prime OG Devoted Player

Hello, have a question about one of the troll artifacts, and how it works. The one I'm speaking of gives power back to you, and the group, with each type of debuff used. My first question, how well does this work. I've only seen one person comment on it, and I think in have a pretty good idea. Just want to me 100% before I commit to leveling it up.

So the wording says it will do the effect with each type of debuff, and stack. Is there any kind of cool down with this? Giving 6% of my got, in the form of power, with each debuff seems pretty good. Like almost better than even using your power dump.

I'm wanting to build a munitions battle troll, and if the artifact works they way I thinkx it would be very good.

Thanks!
  2. 9001BPM Steadfast Player

It buffs people’s max power pools rather than directly restoring power, I believe.
    • Like x 7
  3. Mazahs Loyal Player

PM incoming-
    • Like x 3
  4. spack2k Steadfast Player

yeah it buffs just ur power stat not replenishing power else it would be better than the SC artifact which it isnt.
  5. EconoKnight XIII Legion

Yep. Essentially, group members get a longer blue bar; it doesn’t put anything into that blue bar, though.
  6. Mazahs Loyal Player

Um, I'm not 100 sure-
    I tested the bejezus outta this thing and groups I was in are staying fully juiced in end game raids and are seeing huge blue numbers
    • Like x 1
  7. Darth Loyal Player

I'll do some testing today but based on the description it should only increase power bars similarly to the old one only increasing health bars and not actually healing anyone. The only "huge blue numbers" I've put out are from my Instant Power cast, nothing special from the artifact but I'll check it out today. I'm pretty sure that if it were meant to return blue numbers it would say "power heal" and not just "power".
  8. Mazahs Loyal Player

Same here, I tested it without my power dump and that's how I came up with the conclusion
  9. Darth Loyal Player

Np, I just assumed, based on the description. Going to check it out for my own satisfaction. I didn't think I noticed a difference but I wasn't looking too hard lol. What kind of numbers were you getting?
  10. Mazahs Loyal Player

Testing again now..have some info shortly
  11. Mazahs Loyal Player

So every time I use a debuf under current abilities its adding an
    Additional 468 power and 78 precision. Its hard to test by yourself so I'm going to get a small group and get more info from them. What I was seeing yesterday (no power dump) was blue numbers popping over 1100 pretty regular.
  12. Mazahs Loyal Player

Just pm'd Mepps for clarification. When I use a debuff it says under current abilities each time the exact same. Also when checking my power stats they don't increase when using this.
    • Like x 1
  13. Black Prime OG Devoted Player

So everyone is on the same page, cause others seem to think it works differently. The artifact does not increase each players power pool. Rather it is a group power heal. Again, this was confirmed thru Mepps.

Some of you should take a second look at the artifact. I think it has potential to be pretty awesome!
    • Like x 2
  14. LastSonOfEarth Committed Player

• Like x 1
  15. LastSonOfEarth Committed Player

Technically they should have been using this artifact the whole time anyways. It gives more vit than the first troll artifact, and adds power.
  16. Black Prime OG Devoted Player

Probably just overlooked. I mean, you only need a troll for raids. Maybe I should state it differently, lol. The only place trolls are welcome, are raids.
  17. Mazahs Loyal Player

It's darn near impossible to test this w/out a group. Go into a group, take off your insta power & replace with 3 debuffs that you can cycle. You'll see what it does

3+ hours of testing and now running without a power dump for last week or so tells me it's working
    That's besides the direct PM I have from Mepps
    • Like x 2
  18. Black Prime OG Devoted Player

It's working like this for me also. Will be playing with loadouts this weekend. I'll let ya know how it goes. Right now, I want to say my loadout will be shrapnel, 5BMG, Rockets as my three main debuffs, plus shrapnel is the SCG. Then I'd probably have the group shield, the individual shield, and the last one will either be nuke, recharge, or I dunno. Lol. Something like that. :)
  19. Darth Loyal Player

I did some testing last night. In order to test the artifact itself, I removed all of my elite gear so that I did not get any power out from my elite buffs and I took off my crit power chance and magnitude SP. The results were that the only power back I got with and without my Parasite's Power Harness was a POT tick that was the same regardless of if I had it or not (I made sure my Vit was the same in both situations). This was both solo and confirmed in a group.

What I did see was a power pool increase every time I applied a debuff and the same was verified by a group member. My Power Pool increased from 27672 to 28112 to 28552 and maxed at 28993. My group member said his power pool increased from 27386 to 27804 to 28222 and maxed out at 28640.

Although Mepps may believe that this Artifact is supposed to supply a power heal it does not, it only increases your power bar. It does seem like it maintains the power% when increasing the bar so my guess is that there is a pseudo power heal effect but it is minimal and variant on the amount of power in a players bar at the time.

The numbers you are seeing that are separate from your POT tick are likely to be thanks to your Elite gear buffs. I would suggest removing most of your SP and putting your DPS gear on for further testing.

EDIT: It is likely that it is supposed to supply power heals but is poorly coded (i.e. a bug). If that is the case maybe we should have them look at supplying a fix.
    • Like x 1
  20. Black Prime OG Devoted Player

Lol, no elite gear.