Troll Artifact - Questions

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Black Prime OG, Feb 14, 2018.

1. Darth Loyal Player

My suggestion on dps gear with no crit power chance or magnitude SP remains the same. All tac mods that give back power need to be discounted as well.
  2. ThePhilosophy Loyal Player

Wow they need to edit the description if thats true.

The description clearly states that it just increases your power pool.

If it is an actual instant power dump....? Thats freaking awesome
  3. Darth Loyal Player

Its not, read my posts above before you whip out your happy dance.
    • Like x 2
  4. LastSonOfEarth Committed Player

5. Black Prime OG Devoted Player

Mepps, could we get some clarification on how the troll trinket is supposed to work, please? I'm getting one answer here, and another answer there. Everyone sounds pretty sure, which doesn't help those of us trying to nail down how it actually works.

Thanks!
  6. Mazahs Loyal Player

1. Power Distribution
      Hitting an enemy with a Controller Debuff grants you and up to 7 group members Power equal to 6% of your Vitalization, and Precision equal to 1% of your Vitalization. This effect stacks for each type of Controller Debuff used.

Very difficult to test by yourself for concrete #'s so relying on what I've seen in group. When testing and looking at my current abilities tab each time states 468 power given (6% of my Vit) And seeing more frequent numbers leads me to believe its a power heal. When looking at my stats, they dis not increase in power when using this.

However its a bit vague...can you clarify? How many X's can it stack & is it power bar or power heal?

Thanks!
      [IMG]

2. MeppsSr. Community Manager

[IMG]
      [IMG]
      [IMG]
      This IS a power heal to the tune of 6% of your vit. We can look at the wording there. I'm not sure how many times it can stack, though.
      Mepps
      DCUO Community Manager
      @DCUO | Facebook | Twitch TV | YouTube | Contact Support

7. LastSonOfEarth Committed Player

Have you checked your Current Effects?
  8. Mazahs Loyal Player

When testing and looking at my current abilities tab each time states 468 power given which is (6% of my Vit)
    When looking at my stats, they did not increase in power when using this.

I know Darth stated the opposite, but I have completely removed power dump from my loadout & keeping groups powered quite easily. I've been around almost since launch and respect his opinion but I'm not seeing it on this one.

I'm using a damaging power > debuf > debuf > debuf> Q-tunnel > SC
    Something may be amiss, but I'm not seeing it. The problem is that testing this by yourself is darn near impossible.
  9. Darth Loyal Player

From the start I just assumed it just increased your power bar similar to the first troll artifact. This was confirmed by my testing last night. Hopefully this is a bug and it does get fixed. Currently trolls have a very poor choice of artifacts, they are primarily for stats and not effect.
    I know what Mepps told you but unfortunately for us that is not how the Artifact plays live. I don't doubt that you can keep groups well powered without IP. But I believe that is attributed to your SP, your Elite gear buffs and/or tac mods and not the Artifact itself.

As I mentioned earlier, when I removed my elite gear buffs, crit power magnitudes and chances and tac mods from the equation (i.e. removing all variables) there was no difference between having the Parasite's Power Harness and not having it other than increasing power bars (I did confirm that my power bar increased for every debuff). My POT tick was the only source of power and it did not vary. If the description was accurate I would have had extra 1110 power ticks (or 3 separate 370 ticks) at full debuff during the test but that wasn't the case. I tested this solo and in group on sparring target, open world and in Phantom Zone Elite.

If you remove the variables I mentioned, I'm sure you will get the same results. Let me know what your findings are.
  10. Mazahs Loyal Player

So just tested in duo w/ HL buddy of mine.
    Multiple 10 sec parsers set for just power.
    I was hoping leaderboard would show, but that still is broken (reported to Mepps a while back)

First test Using 3 buffs only (obviously 1st power throw PoT
    802/s -8017 total

#2 Only 1 power throw for PoT
    437/s -4366 total

#3 3 debufs
    853/s -total 8525

#4 PoT only
    391/s -3921 total

#5 3 debufs
    992/s -9921 total

Its working, I have no elite buffs and took off my tactical mods. Not seeing a change in my power total or his either.
  11. Mazahs Loyal Player

Ok so now really confused! Another test showed a power boost to the 2 other players?? I give up
  12. Darth Loyal Player

If the power harness was working correctly your power out should have quadrupled with 3 debuffs up (6% of your Vit is roughly you average PoT). The fact that it was roughly double gives me the impression that you were hitting crits on those parses. Your standard PoT cycle will hit 5 times on a 10s parse. I am not able to see more power hits when I have the Power Distribution effect is active. I see 5 hits with and without it every time and the base PoT ticks do not increase for me (roughly 378 power in dps gear). I would be interested to know what the breakdown on your 10s parses was for those runs.

I will post of video of the power pool increasing and decreasing shortly.

If you're on PS/PC I would be happy to get together with you and do some testing if you're down.
  13. Mazahs Loyal Player

I'm in here with lastson too. No clue think its all worked...
    Anywhoo still running w/out power dump.

Feel free to hit me up some things wonky my Delta795
  14. Darth Loyal Player

Here is a video of me showing the power pool increase from the Parasite's Power Harness. I am wearing full DPS gear in this video as I was using it for testing.

As you can see my power pool of 28490 increased to 30182 which fell to 29618, 29052 and back to 28490 once the 12s period ended. This is the power that you are granted. You would not see this while you are playing because I believe your power% is maintained as the effects are applied. This would mean that if you are at 50% power you would receive half the effect of the PPH as a pseudo power heal but it would not show as blue numbers and this would scale up and down.

I believe that if this were a true power heal it would not effect your bar but rather return you power that show as blue numbers and would be visible in the combat log (ex. DarthAlex's Parasite's Power Harness Healed Delta795 for 370 power). Nothing like that is currently in place from what I can see.
  15. Mazahs Loyal Player

Yeah so after much more testing...something is really borked.
    Not really sure what's happening right now with so many results.

If it is in fact not working - then why seeing increase in numbers (I did the math the crit alone didn't equal the increase completely) But like you said not seeing a 3x increase? Too many blue numbers coming out to other players (LastSon could elaborate more on this as he was testing with me too) Scoreboard is totally messed up. Wanna test it? Go into a duo with 1 other and just use POT, check SB and you won't see any power out.

I know its not my elite buffs or tac mods either, and lastly why is it that one player I tested with saw no stats increase, yet later another (both whom I've known for years and also trollers) did?

At this point I'm gonna say yes, its a power bar increase but because of the direct response from Devs saying its a power HEAL. I'm inclined to think there are some bugs clearly happening and we've just started to really explore them as more people are unlocking these artifacts.

Could really use some direct green name intervention because frankly I'm out of ideas.
    • Like x 1
  16. Black Prime OG Devoted Player

Bump

I'd really like confirmation before I grind one to 80. :)
  17. Darth Loyal Player

The problem with testing it in a duo is that you get blue "bauble" hits from downed npcs, that are roughly aroun 2k a pop based on your personal stats. That may be what LastSon was seeing. This can only really be tested in alerts or raids (except for a few bosses that have npcs that drop baubles). I had the same hiccup as well when I went to amusement mile to test with a league mate.

I have tested the power pool increase with multiple people and they've all seen it. Just have them open up their stat page and watch their power stat go like a yo-yo.

I am not seeing a power heal on live and if that is really what it's meant to be I'd love to see a fix. Right not all we have is a 12s power bar extender.
  18. Black Prime OG Devoted Player

19. Black Prime OG Devoted Player

20. Black Prime OG Devoted Player