Trick or teekl buckets

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by QuantumFlange, Oct 12, 2018.

1. DarkVisor 15000 Post Club

Again, the reason you are not getting Candy from OW TT, is because only the Invader Bots count as 'killing', the other bots are simply being rebooted

For me, usually getting around 4 or 5 pieces of Candy simply doing the two Seasonal stuff (OW and Instance), just doesn't add up to 150 CP (Candy Points)
    • Like x 2
  2. Shark Dental Devoted Player

Thanks for the info. :D

Mr. Dental. Lol. Have a great day.:)
  3. Reinheld Devil's Advocate

Quick update. It appears the drop rate is not even in all content. Which might explain why some people are getting more drops than others. I changed up my testing and was getting drops at around 11 minutes in some queued content, unfortunately almost nothing (other than top level raids) takes 11 minutes, so you'd have to sit around waiting before advancing, which is kind of boring.

Anyway, I'm over the issue. Getting nothing good from the buckets anyway, so when they fill, they fill.

Reinheld
    • Like x 3
  4. Proxystar #Perception

I'm not quite sure why people are struggling to get their buckets completed.

I completed my three buckets when I logged in last night and played for all of 2 hours and all I did was casually run 4 or 5 characters through the event stuff.

My issue isn't with the grind for the buckets just the convoluted loot table making it somewhat unlikely you'll get the aura you want etc.
    • Like x 1
  5. Jade Rebel Dedicated Player

I don’t have any issues filing it and it’s normally 1.5-2 hours filling all 3 of them. I only wish the are claim-able every day after server shutdown. I normally claim mine about now(12pm pt) but had something unexpected today so I’m stuck in town till late at night so now my buckets will be redeemable at night now and I hardly play at night most days :/
  6. Iconic Simulation YouTuber

I wouldnt say struggling...id say the wait time is a bit too long for what you get rewarded for it. Especially for how bloated the loot table is, I end up getting more worthless holiday consumables or marks. Out of about 60 buckets, I only have 3 aura head, hands variants. I wanna farm the buckets more frequently for a better chance at rare drops. Im not looking to cut time so I can log off early, I think the auras are a good reward in themselves to chase after. I dont mind spending money on more buckets, but the devs gotta snatch the opportunity, and make it easier to complete them. For me atm, its set timer, watch anime, timer goes off, kill add, set timer, etc. Not to be the devil's advocate, but Id pay for an extra candy xp booster to speed up the process.
    • Like x 1
  7. Proxystar #Perception

I appreciate what you're saying, it just is what it is I guess im certainly not going to pay for extra candy that's for sure.
  8. Dene Devoted Player

Mr Shark sounded like a gansgter

Although Mr Dental sounds like a cool floss brand LOL
    • Like x 2
  9. Shark Dental Devoted Player

Lol. Sounds like floss brand from Japan.

"Keep your teeth pearly white with Mr. Den-tal - aaaaaaahhhhhh"

Mr. Den-tal make your teeth fly to mystic dragon castle in the sky!!!

• Like x 1
  10. Shark Dental Devoted Player

I hardly play days most nights.
  11. Shark Dental Devoted Player

I agree with this completely save the last part, lol.
  12. TechWarrior0329 Steadfast Player

Yeah that is the reason I agree that while this new 24 hour reset is a really REALLY neat toy that I am sure some bright young Dev is very proud of ... it can make life difficult for the players. I'll use myself as a perfect example (well a much younger version of myself anyway). Years ago I had a job on the railroad as a dispatch and my position was designed to fill in for the regular dispatchers on their days off. While there were people that worked 5 days from 7Am - 3PM, 3PM -11PM and 11PM yo 7AM... my job had me working two 11-7 shifts, two 3-11 shifts and one daylight every week. Now DCUO did not even exist back then but just imagine what fun it would be for me to try to claim buckets every day with that schedule. I'd constantly be changing the time I had the ability to even think about logging on and playing and depending on how it happened i could even get to the point where I was missing certain days because I was at work for 8 hours when I was finally able to claim them and by the time I got home it was the next day.

Now the thing I do like is that the candy does drop just like Nth metal... So even if you have already claimed and filled your buckets for the day you can still be accumulating candy to sue for the next day's buckets. (I WAS a little worried about that the first day and was actually thinking of NOT filling one bucket but once I kept getting candy drops after all buckets were full all was fine).

Now I see two solutions to your problem. 1) since the candy will drop with or without buckets in inventory is it possible for you to log on in the evenings even for just a few minutes? If yes then you could simply play when you normally do and then in the evening log on for those few minutes and fill your buckets. (Sort of extreme but it would work) or 2) skip a day and just don't claim buckets tonight and then do it tomorrow when you NORMALLY play the game. (Sadly means losing a day of rewards but it would get you back on track and do away with the need to be logging on at time s you normally would NOT) .
    • Like x 1
  13. TechWarrior0329 Steadfast Player

I can confirm that .. Last night I did both the duo and alert (already have both raids done for the week) and got 2 25 XP pieces of candy for each. Got absolutely nothing doing the two daily solo missions earlier in the day.
  14. Jade Rebel Dedicated Player

Yea I thought about both of these, plus I been running my alts through the seasonal alert so I could buy some, or just fill my free ones later at night, neither is bad :)
  15. tukuan Devoted Player

I reckon that's the approach I'll take otherwise you end up going down the rabbit hole of logging on for no other reason than to keep the timer from shifting later and later each day.

That being said a number of mobile games I've played use a 23 or even 22 hour timer which is certainly more considerate of the individual gamer. Personally I'd rather grants go at reset.
  16. TechWarrior0329 Steadfast Player

Okay first off all there are a number of outdoor missions where we are defeating the exact same robots that we do when Cyborg gives us the mission to "reboot" ten of them...

1. From Raven we have the mission where we rescue citizens trapped under rocks and put out the fires on helicopters. While it i s possible to "occasionally" find a citizen with no bot s around or a chopper we can approach from the side with no bot and click without having to battle anything. in most cases you have to defeat at least 1 or 2 (or more) to complete your mission

2. From Raven we have the mission where we are asked to fix the fence, repair the turrents, and defeat 10 robot. There is no requirement to reboot any of those bots simply attack and defeat them

3. From Cyborg we have the mission where we are tasked to deploy turrents and defend them. Once a turrent is clicked and activated a minimum of two bot appear and attack the turrent. To complete the mission all we have to do is defeat the bots. There is absolutely no requirement to click and reboot them.

Oh and let us not forget while they are weekly not daily missions we also have the Giant robot and Jinx, Mammouth, Psimon, or Gizmo. Now the Ginat Robot is still basically a robot just a whole lot bigger... The Fearsome 5 are people .. EVIL people but they are not robots.

The actuality is there is only that one mission from Cyborg where we defeat and reboot 10. There is no reason other than the DEVS want it thatway for why those bots could not be dropping candy... Hell they drop nth metal and that works exactly the same way. Its one of those goofy things they added to those missions just to keep us all dazed and confused.. Another is the Lexcorp Troops in Doomed Metropolis. If I go out and defeat 12 Lexcorp troops a day in that zone I earn absolutely no Nth metal. Attack a Lexcorp security turrent and the Nth metal drop. So in that zone , and ONLY in that zone, attacking the bad guys does nothing..but attacking their technology does?????? LOL

Now as for your other sentence at this point I have come to the conclusion that the way the whole thing is set up no matter what you are doing you are going to get at least 50 XP for doing it. Either two pieces of candy at 25 XP each or 1 piece at 50. I have never had more than one 50 XP piece drop and the ONLY times I have not had two of the 25 XP pieces drop was because what I attacked also gave me a piece worth 50 XP.. Now I am not sure what all you play when in game but aside for Titan Island and the Vault I have not found a single mission that does not drop candy when the timer ticks down. If you got 4 or 5 pieces on the Halloween stuff and that gave you 125 XP all you'd need to do is run one duo and you'd have what you needed to fill a bucket. Heck I ran the stabilizer duo yesterday and was done in 1 minute and 37 seconds .. walked out with my NTH Metal, my 6 fragments, a brand new green refrigerator and two 25 XP pieces of candy. Most of the actual missions I did last night seemed to have one drop and in almost every case it was two 25 XP pieces. So run three duos (if you have three in your relevancy) and you have filled a bucket.
  17. TechWarrior0329 Steadfast Player

OH yeah I forgot that option and I do it every day. Just take one alt and buy them. Run the daily solo and alert and you have enough to buy 5 buckets You could do that and just skip claiming until tomorrow. You still get your daily rewards and get the free ones back at a time that is normal for you :D LOL I am buying one piece of furniture and then using the left over 4 spooky bites to grab two extra buckets a day.
    • Like x 1
  18. MsTickle Fate Devoted Player

Shark Dental, Esq.

His Excellency, Lord Shark Dental.

Shark Dental, Defender Of The Forums.

What, we don't get titles here?
    • Like x 1
  19. Shark Dental Devoted Player

I wish. I can already imagine a French waiter... "Monsieur Dental... here is your coffee." Ahh, coffee tastes better when people call you Monsieur for some reason.
    • Like x 2
  20. Iconic Simulation YouTuber

It just depends on the player. I would be open to a candy xp booster so I could open more buckets. I understand they need to make money and that might give them the motivation to want to do something like that. So for me, no prob whatsoever. So if anything, purely optional; like reg xp boosters. Something quite a few ppl forget.