Trick or teekl buckets

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by QuantumFlange, Oct 12, 2018.

1. TheLorax 15000 Post Club

Yes you can overfill it.
  2. TheLorax 15000 Post Club

After the 24 hours, it will be waiting for you to claim it.
  3. Fawkes2574 Dedicated Player

Every 24 hours I'm anxiously awaiting my trick or tinkle buckets.
    • Like x 1
  4. LastSonOfEarth Committed Player

Mission almost accomplished. Next they want you to keep buying new buckets, because they want you to want buckets so bad that you’ll spend $5 for 50 spooky bites. It’s not a coincidence that you get 2 spooky bites. I will say it is a smart move to keep people online and engaged, so that they can potentially spend other month (assuming $/day per player and playerbase is one of their KPI’s) and now that they’ve slapped this together (without changing their description from artifact copy/paste, no less) I expect it to be integrated into all seasonals, but I could be wrong. :)
  5. Shark Dental Devoted Player

I personally don't find them worth the effort, considering you have to log in at a specific time to claim them, run specific content, hope you get enough drops to actually fill the three buckets (it takes a considerable amount of time most of the time, unless you run a bunch of alts through the seasonal content, of course) and then discover you got... a candy! Or a spider! Or two marks!

Leave it to DCUO to make login rewards grindy, lol.
    • Like x 1
  6. LastSonOfEarth Committed Player

Not to be corrective, because I’m with you all the way, but I do think the bucket candy drops in all content during the event. I remember reading it as (perhaps incorrectly) dropping in the seasonal missions only, but I know my alts are getting bucket candy to put in my shared bank, and I don’t run the event on them since I finished all the feats I really needed them for.
    • Like x 2
  7. Kestral Committed Player

The candy drops like nth metal from all content I gain much more then is needed to open the three buckets during my normal daily runs.
    • Like x 1
  8. Dene Devoted Player

>.>
  9. DarkVisor 15000 Post Club

With the EQ2 Frostfall (Frostfell? can never remember the proper name) free gift from Santa Glug, the timer is around 20 hours, always has been, so that your timer doesn't get pushed back all the time
    Maybe they could do the same here or have it reset with the Daily Reset (reset the free buckets at the same time the missions get reset)

Also, probably having the same bad luck getting the Candy drops as usually only getting around 100-125 worth of candy per character doing the Witching Hour and Masquerade missions, fortunately seeing how get just 3 buckets per day, filling them every two days (when have enough for every character) works out, shame about the trash rewards though (Spooky Bits and Treats should not be in there)
  10. Fawkes2574 Dedicated Player

They do. I have been running one of my villain alts through the regular story line since this started, and he's been getting a ton.
  11. Shark Dental Devoted Player

I'm glad you do, I don't. Open world TT missions give me nothing, and TT content only seems to give me the minimum (25-50 max) 1 time per content. So 25-50 from the duo, 25-50 from alert, 75 from seasonal mission, 75 from seasonal instance = 250. Not even enough to open 2 buckets. This has been my experience the past few days, but perhaps yours has been different.

If you're talking about running several alts through seasonal stuff, then, like I said, you should get enough (the candy stuff seems to drop in increased amounts from seasonal stuff).
  12. DarkVisor 15000 Post Club

Have to remember, apart from the Invader Killbots, you don't actually 'defeat' anything on Titan Island
  13. Shark Dental Devoted Player

I was 'defeating' enemies left and right for the specific purpose of scoring said candy. But no such doing. I spread it out over 20 minutes plus in case it was on a timer as well, but nope.

Don't get me wrong, it's not a huge deal, I'm just saying that my experience has been overwhelmingly grindy to fill those 3 buckets, since I average only 25-50 per drop, with a max of 75 per drop from seasonal stuff (1 drop from mission and 1 drop from instance).

My feedback isn't intended to be taken as gospel, mind you, after all, we're talking about a free addition to the game, and free stuff is always good. Instead, my feedback is:

1. Personally, I find this to be grindy, struggling to fill 3 buckets through normal gameplay on 1 character. With 3 characters, it becomes possible in about 1.5-2 hours of play.
    2. Personally, I find the rewards to increase the feeling of negative grind, providing mainly useless currency and practically useless seasonal candy/trick items.

What would I do to improve the situation? Simple, make candy drop alongside nth metal every time. Or, increase the quality of candy drops (100-150 with each drop).

This would reduce the feeling of grindiness, and one would think the devs would be interested in increasing the amount of buckets people want to consume by filling buckets rather easily (unless the objective is to stimulate RB sales of seasonal resets, I don't know what the financial objective is tbh).
  14. DarkVisor 15000 Post Club

Again, only the Invader Bots count for dropping things (tried that for the Nth Metals, and when that didn't work, started 'farming' the Phantom Zone Inmates from the "Supperman Lives!" event)
    And agree with you about the 'grindy-ness', butt found would get about four or five combined from the Seasonal Mission and Instance (usually not enough to fill even one bucket), and especially agree about the rubbish 'rewards'

Increase the drop rate of the candy and remove the Trick/Treat & currency as rewards (the only reason they are in there is because of the new Candy Eating Feats and to promote buying extra buckets)
    • Like x 2
  15. TechWarrior0329 Steadfast Player

Guys lets clear up a couple things involving these shall we?

1. Yes you only get three per day (FREE) and yes you do need to wait 24 hours from when you opened the one the day before to open the next drop.

2. Candy for the buckets drops just like Nth metal and when the time comes for it to drop, just like nth metal, the game doesn't care if you are in Metropolis attacking Captain Kruel a piece of candy drops.

3. You fill you bucket using the same format menu you use to add Nth metal to an artifact or Exobytes to an Augment. Pull up the menu and just click on the candy until your bucket is fill. NOW unless you want to waste candy be careful not to over fill your buckets.. Each buck requires a total of 150 XP and while there may be higher ones to date all I have seen is candy with an Xp of 25 or 50. The Candy will stack so if you have 12 pieces of 25XP you should break that down to two stacks of 6 to save the extra candy for your next bucket. I have not even been on line yet today but right now I have 19 pieces of candy worth 25 XP and three worth 50 XP. That means when I log on and claim my buckets I already have enough to fill FOUR of them.

4. You can BUY addition bucket from the Halloween vendor at a cost of 2 Spooky Bites per bucket. Now the Halloween event has been going on for 15 days at this point. SO if you have an alt, or alts, that have done the outdoor and alert every single day since October 1st by the end of today you've earned 150 Bites. The furniture you need to buy to complete that holiday feet costs 48 Spooky Bites total (8 pieces of furniture and 6 bites a piece) so its entirely possible to have completed that feat and have 102 Spooky Bites you can buy anything else from the vendor. Now if you BUY buckets with them that means you can purchase 51.

5. It is entirely possible to claim buckets on one character and turn right around and give them to one of your other characters.. I'm not 100% sure you can email them but they can be placed in your shared bank by ONE alt and claimed from there by another. This applies to buckets that have not been filled, buckets that have been filled and the candy that drops you need to use to fill a bucket to begin with.

6. Prizes vary and so far I have gotten three pieces of furniture, 4 Quarks (2 each time) , 2 Spooky Bites (enough to buy another bucket), a Teekl and an Isis Totem, and while I have not been keeping track a number of the green consumable candy required to get the new feats for 50 and 100 consumed. I also got one of the hand and head auras which is probably by most players standards the best prize to date. To me it was Teekl and Isis but to each his own.

Now to date I have filled and consumed 21 baskets. I claim my 3 every single day (and the thing started 5 days ago TODAY.. so I have not even been on line to claim mine today) I fill up the three I am given free. I run the Halloween outdoor event and the alert every day and am awarded 10 Spooky Bites for that. I buy 1 piece of the furniture I need/want from the vendor a day and 6 bites and then buy two more with the remaining 4 Spooky Bites. Now I also had one bucket hand me 2 Spoky Bites so that is where the 21st bucket came from. I have NOT spent a penny of real money on the things and since i log on about the same time every single day there has only been 1 day where I was not able to just immediately claim the buckets.. Yesterday was Sunday and i was able to get on a little earlier than normal. And like I said when i log ion today I already have enough candy to fill 4 more buckets waiting to be used.

Now there is absolutely nothing that says if you are running alts on the holiday event you could not be purchasing addition buckets .... If an Alt runs the outdoor and the alert.. You could be getting 5 a day. IF you don't need anything else from the holiday vendor. Notice I still have not even mentioned the fact that its entirely possible to go to the market and buy 50 (or more) Spooky Bites and be distributing those between any and all alt you want to hand them too.
    • Like x 2
  16. Shark Dental Devoted Player

What content have you run to fill 21 buckets (especially since we've only gotten 15 max so far)?

How many alts?

How long (as in hours)?

Just curious.
  17. tinoman Dedicated Player

I have 7 alts and it takes alot to fill buckets with the amount of time i put in. I don't know if i just got bad candy drop rates or what. IMO they need to increase candy drop rates slightly.
  18. Vagrant Committed Player

It takes maybe MAYBE, 10 minutes to run the event on an alt, get 6 spooky bites to buy 3 buckets than transfer them to your alt. I have maybe over 50 buckets right now?

It takes maybe 20-30 minutes of gameplay to fill a bucket. So I run my dailies, this includes.

-Titans Targetted Alert
    -Titans Training Sim Duo
    -Starro Invasion! Alert
    -Starro Spreading Spores Duo
    -Deluge Daily Cc missions
    -Titans Island Daily missions
    -Legends PVE
    -The Last Son of Krypton Challenge
    -Doomed Metropolis Daily missions
    -Stemming the Tide Challenge
    -Halloween Event Mission
    -Midnight Masquerade Alert

All that takes me maybe an hour or two? I open 3-4 buckets sometimes more. Basically just play the game, don’t stand around and you’ll open buckets. I’ve gotten at least an extra 20 spooky bites from these towards the bat aura. Ain’t spending a dime on seasonal currency.
    • Like x 2
  19. TechWarrior0329 Steadfast Player

Well lets see..

First of all the buckets began dropping on Thursday.. If you recall there were several threads with folks complaining that the game was off line for almost 10 hours on the day the game reset for the week. As I recall the players on the EU server got the worst of that . Now it is MONDAY so Thursday, Friday, Saturday and Sunday is 4 days with today being the fifth. here is a link to the announcement Mepps out about the Teekl Buckets. So Shark your math is a bit off today is day #5

To date.. I am only doing anything with ONE alt. And like I said I got 3 free buckets a day plus bought 2 more each day with the 4 Spooky Bites left from doing the event missions after buying a piece of gear. and the 21 st coming by using the 2 spooky bites I got when I consumed a bucket.

Let's see I rarely keep really close track to time on line but I was not feeling well yesterday So I did not long on until around 8PM and logged off before midnight. So lets say around 4 hours a day? That's about what I do usually. Now from the candy drops I had on Saturday I had enough left over on Sunday to fill my three free buckets immediately and then started filling the ones i bought after I finished the Halloween missions. Just like Nth metal the candy is dropping at regular intervals.. It does not care if you actually have a bucket available or not. When I log in today.. I'll be able to fill all three free buckets immediately and have enough left over to fill another before the first piece of candy drops.

WHAT am I doing? Normal content. I'm using an Alt that presently is Cr 104. So I am doing outdoor daily missions in the Wastelands and Gotham under Siege, The duos, and alerts associated with those DLCs and I did all the weekly content for Titan Island and Doomed Metropolis on Thursday so It does not take long to do the daily stuff and then run the duo and alert for Titan Island as well. I do take a quick run to Ace Chemical and Strykers to run one daily mission there since I am still TRYING to complete all the feats associated with those two. Oh yeah and while I don't recall any candy dropping in them I am doing the vault run and the Stabilizer duo every day. End of the night I general spend at least 30 -40 minutes doing what I refer to as Admin... I salvage all the armor I have replaced with new drops, or junk armor already below what I have slotted to make Exobytes and increase the level on my Augments. I fortify my Artifacts with the Nth metal that dropped and do anything else that needs to be done so i am ready to just play the game the next time I long in. So basically I can collect enough candy to fill between 4 to 5 buckets in 3 and a half hours or so.

Now I am well aware that not every player has that amount of time a day to play the game. Hell there are players out there that can not even log on every day. I also realize that some people can't log on at the exact same time every day so in those cases drop time son the buckets may be altered depending on when those players can actually claim the three free ones each day. But there are players that are making it sound like this is just a horrible deal. .. Now for some that may be true but how much do you want to bet there are others BUYING buckets off the market and spending 8-10 hours a day filling them up? I'm not spending a dime or altering anything I do any time i log on and I've acquired 21 buckets and fill them all with no problem. Sure like anything it has its issues.. I'm not sure why they decided to use the 24 hour reset instead of the old reset at 3Am (my time) daily... WILD GUESS? Its a new toy on of the Devs came up with and they decided to premiere it with this give away. The 2 Quark reward? LOL If every single bucket i have filled handed me 2 quarks.. i still would not have enough to buy a single item from the Quark Vendor or Booster Gold. But for 21 days we will be getting three free buckets a day. Hell if the ONLY thing a player got was 2 pieces of the green consumable candy a day from each of those 61 buckets ..that's 122 pieces of candy and enough to grab both the feat for eating 50 and 100.
  20. Mepps Sr. Community Manager

It is 24 hours from when you claimed it last. The grants do not stack - there will only ever be the one grant (of three buckets) to claim at once, in this example.