Trailblazing Guide to Fire

Discussion in 'Oracle’s Database (Guides)' started by Soulburn32, Feb 16, 2013.

1. Radium Devoted Player

Its a sustained lock, like Ice Armor.
  2. Kristyana New Player

You're locked in for 20 seconds at 60% regardless of any other action.
  3. TrueMarvel New Player

As a melee fire user, I must somehow get overheat and spon combustion into my loadout. I just love the way those moves work
  4. Kristyana New Player

I'll have to try it out but it looks like my rotation is going to be (assuming I have power, as this sounds good on paper but not in a solo environment):

It's a bit rocky figuring the order to set up the dots for maximum damage and as fast as possible, any suggestions to try?

Inferno clipped with Fiery Weapon
    Fireburst for the damage and 60% lock
    Jump in middle, hit Enflame and Flashpoint
    Clip weapon combo with Overheat

Once all is up, basically recast everything as it comes off cooldown and clip weapon combos with Flashpoint, and roll away to make sure to cast Fireburst once every 20 seconds for some burst damage and another refresh on the 60%

I do however see this using a LOT of power.
  5. Soulburn32 Loyal Player

btw if no one noticed flashpoint got a nice buff, it no longer consumes the immolation pi, ala you can spam it multiple times for the extra tick of damage without inferno
    • Like x 2
  6. TrueMarvel New Player

Thats great news actually.
  7. Kristyana New Player

Yep! I won't need Enflame in my Tank loadout anymore and can free up the power point :D
  8. TrueMarvel New Player

Ill probably keep it for the juggle.
    Juggle fire style> everything else
  9. Flint Lockwood Well-Known Player

From a DPS POV, this is a cause for concern. Simply because of enemy HP. At present, most adds will be dropped before Fire's DoTs have a chance to be effective.
  10. TrueMarvel New Player

The name of the game is Damage Per Second. Thats why almost every burst speed power is at the top of the food chain(Gadgets and HL). Unless Fire has gotten some hidden buff. I doubt it will compete with gadgets or HL. sustained dps is only good if that sustained damage is hitting like a truck
  11. Spin Off New Player

currenty downloading gu23 im excited to test the new stuff out
  12. Soulburn32 Loyal Player

hey buddy :cool:
  13. Spin Off New Player

whats up soulburn, been awhile, i been back for about 2 weeks after a 6 month break, easin my way back into everything. so far so good
  14. Dump Truck New Player

I will be on testing tonight... I thinking Spont Combust, WD, FW, Inferno, Flashpoint SC will be my new mainstay... we'll see though.
  15. TrueMarvel New Player

SO glad to finally take fireburst out of my loadout. I'm to ADD for that slow cast time. Fast is the new strong!
  16. Dump Truck New Player

Here's what I've been playing with so far tonight. SS clippng with all 6 powers as dots.
    1Hander: Loadout: WD, Inferno, Overheat, Flashpoint, Spontanious Combust, Enflame (6 dots)

tap tap hold ->WD ->Spontanious Combust (the amount of dots you see after this is crazy)
    tap tap hold -> Inferno
    tap tap hold ->WD -> Overheat
    tap tap hold ->Flashpoint
    tap tap hold ->WD -> Enflame
    tap tap hold ->Flashpoint
    repeat. The power consumption is on par with gadgets (a LOT)

Fireburst is really not that good - worth running if you focus on ranged damage or want the 60% hands mod
    You cannot grab Inferno, snuff out, spontanious combust, and overheat... one power point short.
    I would rather not have overheat and grab snuff out if you needed snuff out. Spont Combust is too good if clipping WD.
    I would LOVE a shorter cooldown on spontanious combustion as well
    The one proc from fiery weapon hardly seems significant (run it if you would have prior to U23)
    Backdraft does not split damage and you can occasionally get a double tick if Inferno is up.
    I did not try the supercharges. I have not ran with one (cept for WOP/SpeedDrain in PVP) for almost a year.
    Oh yeah, AND we got some killer new animations... we win.

Hoping to raid with a gadgets and ice dps pro's from the league tomorrow to really test these power sets against one another. Ice is MUCH better for DPS and from what I hear NASTY in pvp.
    • Like x 1
  17. TrueMarvel New Player

Fire got a bit better in PvP
  18. Soulburn32 Loyal Player

Well the results on the power everyone wants to know about is in...... Don't say I don't do things for you guys lol

Fireburst with 1945 Might buffed 50% w/ Inferno, Fiery Weapon Active, Burning Pi, NO Home Turf Mods:
    Average Total Damage = 1975
    Average Damage Per Hit = 494

Lowest Non Crit Hit = 273
    Highest Non Crit Hit = 509

Lowest Cirt Hit = 571
    Highest Cirt Hit = 1109

Fireburst Testing U23 <- Spreadsheet Link
    • Like x 1
  19. Aqua New Player

womp womp womp lol

I could probably pop snowman and do more damage in 30 seconds than all my firebursts throughout the raid in that case.
  20. Kristyana New Player

Hey Dump, you mentioned that you use six dots in your loadout

Can you test and confirm or deny my findings that Spotaneous Combustion burning and the burning from Enflame/Flashpoint is the same DOT?