Trailblazing Guide to Fire

Discussion in 'Oracle’s Database (Guides)' started by Soulburn32, Feb 16, 2013.

1. FoolsFire Devoted Player

Fire was just added to the stat revamp. Questions? Comments?

*crossing fingers Mass Detonation will finally be fixed*
  2. Korlick Loyal Player

Well...reading the patches, im not sure if i like what theyre doing.
    Was hoping to finally get some use to the immolation PI, but they just erase it completly. That was disapointing.
    The shield, i dont know, guess it might come in handy.
    So far the only change i liked was the new range pull.

But i dont know. Guess ill just have to wait and see it when it hits live.
  3. FoolsFire Devoted Player

Okay, I'm one of those who thinks too much...a lot. I have these strange ideas that may look good on paper but aren't practical. Here's my latest...

As a DPS I'm fully vested in all Might/Prec., the whole shebang (almost 275 skill points). Now, logic would say I should just put my points into Health/Power. But being me, I have a stranger idea.

Put them into Critical Healing Chance. Why? Because of Burning Determination.

We hit that sucker all the time. Right now my usual heal is around 1500s. And I'v seen it get as high as 1700s. Are those extra 4% chances worth trying out? Or wouldn't the math back me up?
  4. Korlick Loyal Player

I would try that...but im too lazy to respec my skill points.
  5. VariableFire Loyal Player

While I haven't tested it yet, here would be things to consider:
    • Is the extra health from the SP gained that important? You're still not surviving one-shots. Soders heal for a percentage now.
    • Is the extra power from the SP gained that important? If you're using the AM power management is easy and you're unlikely to run out of power.
    In addition, don't forget that a weapon attack on a burning target with Fiery Weapon up will also provide a heal.
  6. FoolsFire Devoted Player

Korlick: I wasn't talking about respecing I meant from now on to just add the points in Critical Health/Magnitute. But after doing a little more research I might just respect and keep it in an armory for testing.

VariableFire: See, that's kinda what I was wondering as well. If it does work then our AM for power would also be an AM for heals.

If I do this I'll keep track of the math and let everyone know.
  7. FoolsFire Devoted Player

Okay, respected yesterday and got the 70+% Critical Heal Magnitude. Here are the numbers from Justice For All.

Health 25419 / Restoration 8822 (after drinking Omega)

Healing [94.5] 29/s - 2737 - 4 hits (1026 max) - 0 critical (another DPS and myself did all the pods)
    Healing [22.2] 110/s - 2442 - 2 hits (1761 max) - 0 critical
    Healing [99.5] 144/s - 14328 - 12 hits (6093 max) - 1 (8.3%) critical

Opinons? Good? Bad? Is it worth considering getting the 12% Critical Heal Chance? *laugh* Or is that going too far?
  8. Immortal Kyrro Loyal Player

Would've personally done chance before mag. Better to increase the chance of it happening than the strength when it does happen. I keep an armory specced with all healing Crits on my fire dps. Use it for new solos and stuff when alone and undergeared. The little extra survivability helps some but not enough to sacrifice any might over.

9. FoolsFire Devoted Player

^^^ True. I'm fully vested in Might. I just thought it was an interesting thing to try out. Now that Stat's Matter is on final beta there isn't a reason to respect again. I'll just keep putting my skill points into Critical Healing Chance until it's officially released.

BTW...my healing in one of the Raids last week. (May have been US) Three DPS run. I was second in damage but first in DPS self healing. I had over 100,000 while the second highest had less than 40,000.

Now it makes me really sad that DPSes probably won't be using Burning Determination anymore. :(

I wish I would have figured this crap out sooner.
  10. FoolsFire Devoted Player

So, how's everyone doing on the new stuff? Can't believe Wildfire doesn't set stuff on Fire anymore. :(

Currently Premium (no mainframe or league hall, no utility belt or trinkets) - 279 Skillpoints - Superpowered

Fiery Weapon - Inferno - Flame Cascade - Overheat - Absorb Heat - Mass Detonation

Inferno -> Fiery -> Overheat to get things started
    Mass Det - > Absorb Heat -> Mass Det -> Flame Cascade -> Absorb Heat

By this time the first three are ready to go again. The Flame Cascade is added because if you don't you'll be doing nothing for a little while waiting for Absorb Heat to cool down.

Generally, getting about 5200-5500. High point was 7000.
  11. BrandonB Well-Known Player

I was trying out a hybrid spec, for the 30 minutes I was able to play, yesterday.

Inferno - Fiery Weapon - Overheat - Detonate - Wildfire - Volcanic Super

General rotation was Inferno to Fiery Weapon, HB Solar Clip to Overheat, then alternate the Solar Clip with Donate and Wildfire X3.

I'll try and rock a parser test this evening. I didn't have a lot of time, other than placing skill points and playing around, a bit. Volcanic Calamity did seem to hit a lot harder, though.

On a fun note, smacking single targets with Meteor was netting some decent sized crit damage.
  12. Mr. Awesome Well-Known Player

Preetty coolio.

I'm running Hybrid. Cr 170, with 178sp
    Inferno- Fiery Weapon- Flame Cascade- Fireball Barrage- Meteor strike- spontaneous combustion

I do Inferno -> Fiery Wep to get things started
    Than I weapon combo into spontaneous combustion
    I then weapon combo into Flame Cascades repeatedly until Inferno is ready to go again.
    Completely self sustaining loadout that I can do almost forever in content, and i really long time on sparring targets.

I also run with fireball barrage and meteor strike. I meteor strike for burning PI flexibility and when i want to conserve power. Fire ball barrage is awesome and satisfying

I actually get about 4.9k-5.3k. High poit was in the upper 5k.
    • Like x 1
  13. Emoney Dedicated Player

With superpowered, I passed up firery weapon cuz it only boosts weapon damage, and well with PftT I dont use my weapon.

Im using inferno -overheat- spon combust-f cascade- mass det and fireball barrage.......been doing decent thus far.
  14. Black Mass Well-Known Player

I came up with the exact same loadout last night. I love that I'm able to go forever with no controller and keep piling on the damage. It might not be the hardest hitting loadout, but it does the job.
    • Like x 3
  15. Korlick Loyal Player

This.
    If youre going PftT, then Fiery Weapon is not needed.
    Use F.Weap only if youre going full Weapon or Hybrid.

So far i have only tested Hybrid. But its hard to test when you cant use properly the sparring target. Its ridiculous.
  16. Emoney Dedicated Player

And it sucks cuz I spent a bit of coin on the FW head mod.

May still try hybrid, but I dunno.
  17. amayaharuko Level 30

Currently testing loadouts and in area 51, I'm hitting adds for10k.
  18. FoolsFire Devoted Player

Wait, they removed all the specs from Fiery Weapon? According to the WIKI they were...

+7% Critical Attack & Ability Chance
    +10% Critical Attack & Ability Damage
    +15% Might

If so, they removed everyone else's buffs on that page as well, right?
  19. Korlick Loyal Player

Yes, now all the buff are only for weapons.

Under current effects says: 33% Weapon DPS (12s), 33% Precision (12s)
  20. FoolsFire Devoted Player

WOW! Like that's a major change for EVERYONE. FW has been the "Must Have!" for Ranged Fire DPS forever.

What's the source of this info? There may be other things I missed.