Trailblazing Guide to Fire

Discussion in 'Oracle’s Database (Guides)' started by Soulburn32, Feb 16, 2013.

1. Absolix Loyal Player

Power costs scale with your cr to keep powercosts scaling with the power provided by gear. Any additional power provided beyond what gear grants will go to beyond how powercosts scale.
  2. NoPhilosophy Committed Player

It definitely not the most effective way to play, but I was havin a little fun watching people squirm. The third dot doesn't last long, but for a short time 3 dots are on (there were so many yellow numbers bouncing in the air I couldn't tell if there was a 4th one) I used inferno, overheat, enflame, and Determination dots.

I had about 6200 power so if I actually used all at once my power would be close to gone, but I would try to spread them out.

I hit the might cap pretty easily and had to switch some might mods out for prec/power.
  3. Cyro Committed Player

I like to come at playing this game from different angles so i was thinking, how viable would fire tanking be with the boo trinket, 3 boos, and henchmen aka damage splitting
  4. Pults Loyal Player

Here's the shortlist of problems:
    1) You won't have a trinket/pouch that contributes 6% to total CR. So in theory if you'd be 180 with one, your setup would be only 169 without an up to tier trinket.
    2) Pets are fairly dumb and usually end up dying from AoE splash damage from bosses or room mechanics.
    3) Spawn rate vs cooldowns - how often you will have at least 3 out?
    4) Damage splitting usually happens after 3 targets. Against 4 it's almost insignificant, now if it is against 8 targets you'd notice it.

Always have either an up to tier trinket or a pouch, best of two will contribute to your CR. So if you decide to go with boos you'd need a trinket that would be up to tier. If you go for henchmen then you can skip trinket and just use a pouch.
  5. Pults Loyal Player

Tried your build, was not happy at all. I got more out of cheesing BD+FC than having all the DOTs out.
    • Like x 1
  6. Cyro Committed Player

I was more thinking of when stats matter come out when cr wouldnt play a big role in combat of course they could change the way dmg splitting works as well which i didnt think of till now
  7. NoPhilosophy Committed Player

Lol yea I was doing that before.
  8. Absolix Loyal Player

Damage splitting only exists for damage done by players. Meaning in PvE, you won't ever get any damage splitting, in arenas anything other than the breakout trinket is disabled, which leaves only open world PvP as the only format where that would have any relevance.
  9. Sage-Rapha Steadfast Player

About the power pool thing, no.
    Power costs increase by cr. Spec'ing power is highly beneficial for any role. More power, more ability to perform your role :)

Fire tanks can get all the power, health, and heals they can get anyway.
    • Like x 1
  10. Pults Loyal Player

Guys what's up with flames cascade? I've been atomic for a week and now back to the flame. FC seems to have almost twice as long animation but the damage seems about the same, you also transition From FC to fire burst a hell of a lot slower.
  11. Pults Loyal Player

And now it's back to normal short animation. :confused:
  12. Tilz Loyal Player

Idk if I remember correctly, but I think there was a weird bug with being stucked in the FC animation.
    I remember something like that, but not sure if it was fire (80% sure). Can't recall it. really.
    But there were no changes to fire.

Mabye you just had some lag spikes?
  13. Pults Loyal Player

No that's not that bug. Getting stuck in animation is when you're low on power and switch frequently between FC and FB.

This was something else. The animation just seemed to last a lot longer (close to AG durration).
    • Like x 2
  14. Tilz Loyal Player

Then it must have been lag i think. :)
  15. Schimaera Devoted Player

There's still a bug with FB tho. Being mid-cast and trying to jump cancel it will only cause it to be recast a few times. I reported this over a year ago. Super annoying when you try to jump cancel to block for certain mechanics that are one-shots otherwise.
    And it is definitely not a lag or something. I used to play fire for a while now and it only started after Fire got its Advanced Mechanic :(
  16. Pults Loyal Player

Yeah, there's that bug as well but it goes even deeper. If you do it a couple of times and continue to press FB from tray you will end up recasting it without it ever going off.
  17. Darth Piper Loyal Player

While I am reasonably sure that the mods charts will get updated, I ran the numbers for the Olympian mods in the Fallen God (Level 165) and Ring of Omnipotence (Level 174) gear for my fellow Fire Tanks:

Your best buffs come from the following:
    • Back, Hands, Feet (Blue Socket, Affinity Bonus: +166 Power)
      • Dominance & Health Olympian (final bonus: +604 Health)
    • Waist, Rings (Blue Socket, Affinity Bonus: +33 Dominance)
      • Dominance & Health Olympian (final bonus: +749.2 Health)
    • Chest (Yellow Socket, Affinity Bonus: +33 Dominance)
    • Legs (Yellow Socket, Affinity Bonus: +180 Health)
      • Health & Power Olympian (final bonus: +689.6 Health)
      • Restoration & Health Olympian (final bonus: +689.6 Health)
      • Vitalization & Health Olympian (final bonus: +689.6 Health)
    • Head, Shoulders (Red Socket, Affinity Bonus: +180 Health)
      • Might & Health Olympian (final bonus: +689.6 Health)
      • Precision & Health Olympian (final bonus: +689.6 Health)
    • Ring of Omnipotence (Red Socket, Affinity Bonus: +82 Precision)
    I included the OP ring for comparison purposes. While the stats boost from the mod is lower, the overall stat increase from the ring itself is much higher. If you want the OP ring to be dual purpose (DPS & Tank), here's what some other mods will grant:

• Dominance & Might Olympian: +202.4 Health
    • Dominance & Precision Olympian: +202.4 Health
    • Might & Health Olympian: +401.6 Health
    • Precision & Health: +401.6 Health
  18. Immortal Kyrro Loyal Player

Are there any fire tanks left in this game? For me the recent trend in uncounterable bosses has sapped my enjoyment of fire tanking.
  19. Korlick Loyal Player

Well...im still here. Dont know why, but im still here lol
  20. L T Devoted Player

I don't find it *so* bad because I rarely seem to get countered myself. It does make the fight less fun though. And I'd been really looking forward to putting Zeus on is ***. Oh well maybe next DLC.

On the other hand, I'm generally liking statsmatter on test. Shields need some fixes for Ice to be a good tank-- I'm reasonably sure that's coming. Based on the treatment Ice got, I'm really hopeful that Fire will be a much-improved tank under statsmatter.