Trailblazing Guide to Fire

Discussion in 'Oracle’s Database (Guides)' started by Soulburn32, Feb 16, 2013.

1. Korlick Loyal Player

2. Darth Piper Loyal Player

Yep. I am, and I've run with several in the past few months. At least one of my healer friends loves having me along for God of Monsters because of my self heals when I grab the group of bosses. He doesn't have to work quite as hard on me. Fire tanks also tend to do very well with Darkseid/Granny in DWF because fire tanks have, arguably, the best single taunt in the game.
  3. Tallion Well-Known Player

I got a question, Wildfire is supposed to knock up the enemy if they're on fire right? I'm in tank stance, my dom is content appropriate and the enemy is on fire but they're not getting knocked up by Wildfire. Am i doing something wrong?
  4. Immortal Kyrro Loyal Player

They may have breakout immunity

5. Tallion Well-Known Player

I can tell when they have immunity but they didn't. I set em on fire and use wildfire but they don't get knocked off their feet.
  6. Immortal Kyrro Loyal Player

I didn't mean blue counter immunity, I meant the brief breakout immunity after they break out of a cc. Sometimes it's hard to notice. I tried Wildfire out after I wrote that and didn't have a problem

7. Emoney Dedicated Player

8. Korlick Loyal Player

[IMG]

EDIT:: As for the M.D. thing...it has always been unconsistent and back in the days there were a lot of reports about not hitting everything as it should.
  9. Emoney Dedicated Player

Whatever makes your ego feel better...like bringing that thread into this thread.
    • Like x 1
  10. Immortal Kyrro Loyal Player

MD is way too critical reliant.
    • Like x 1
  11. Arrow23 New Player

does anyone use weapon mastery somewhere in the rotation? does this have any benefit to damage dealt?
  12. VariableFire Loyal Player

No real benefit.
  13. BrandonB Well-Known Player

Has anyone had any problems with Fireburst missing when you're well within range?
  14. Chicken Well-Known Player

When I had Volcanic Calamity in my rotation I would clip it with weapon mastery because it hits harder. I no longer use Volcanic Calamity.
  15. L T Devoted Player

When you use WM with a supercharge the first hit can get the bonus. That's pretty much it's only place now.
  16. L T Devoted Player

Yes. It's horribly buggy. I especially hate it when it targets a dead add.
  17. BrandonB Well-Known Player

No doubt. I've had my Fireburst go directly through mobs of enemies and come away with no damage, resulting in me having to refresh volatility and absorption. Maddening.
  18. IamINC Dedicated Player

Also had it not actually hit mobs even though targeted , really frustrating as if it always hit as it should Fire would be so much more potent as a dps power
  19. blazeing fire111 Devoted Player

Out of curiosity, what is your load out an rotation for long range?
  20. Ereez Well-Known Player

I use Burning Determination > Inferno > Fiery Weapon > Fireburst > Mass Detonation

Fireburst is the big hitter but I use mass det if the adds are spread out or if im moving in from long range ill cast a detonation then switch to fireburst when im in range. Cascade has good range too.

You can hit BD then clip inferno and fiery weapon together then spam fire burst, hit cascade if you get knocked down to keep the blue flame up. You can switch it to Inferno > FW > BD and clip all 3 together quickly but you get less power back with this way
    • Like x 1