Trailblazing Guide to Fire

Discussion in 'Oracle’s Database (Guides)' started by Soulburn32, Feb 16, 2013.

1. L T Devoted Player

Getting all the crit heal bonuses will increase your self-heals by about 20% overall. I always go for them. You'll get much more survivability than with the ~1000 health you could get by spending the skill points on health.
  2. chaotic3430 Committed Player

I go Dom first, but spec into all heal crits, all tier one health and defense as well. I also spec into resto when unlocking tier three innates.
  3. SpicyMoonlight Devoted Player

I spec all 2nd tier Dominance first followed by all Healing crits. Then I fill in all the third row Dominance I can followed by all the Resto 2nd tier and lastly Third tier.
    Modding I place Resto/" "in shoulders chest and legs and go Dom&Health in Blues.

When I'm tanking I usually am decent range with health if I can counter properly. The occasional spike damage happens sometimes but that's handled well when clipping a few heals. I'm curious if backdraft will be healing more after this update but that helps a ton with helping healers keep me topped off. Wildfire while risky does give nice healing from a distance too on a pile off adds, but I'm cautious using it because you can be K.O. If you are not timing this right. I have used these mods/spec since I started to fire tank and have always been satisfied with the results. Hope this helps. :D
    • Like x 2
  4. L T Devoted Player

More Damage adjustments:

Wildfire - was 8-19 base damage -- NOW approx 30-38 base damage. Wildfire now hits like spontaneous combustion.
    Backdraft - was 21-31 base damage - NOW 31-38 base damage.
    Fireball - was 20-28 base damage - NOW 29-35 base damage.

Snuff out: when used on a target below 35% health the first tick of damage now does 5x as much, and the second tick does 10x
    • Like x 2
  5. SpicyMoonlight Devoted Player

So how viable would a WM loadout be again, if you are using Snuff out instead of VC.
    Also has the heal increased with backdraft now that it's stronger?
  6. L T Devoted Player

I haven't thoroughly re-tested the heals, but eyeballing the green numbers backdraft and wildfire both seem to be doing about the same as ever.

I'm pretty sure snuff out is WM crit excluded, but it seems like a borderline-useful power now.

I think we'll find that the biggest change to fire dps-wise is flame cascade. It's doing virtually the same overall dps as mass detonation in my live test parses. That makes your AM loadout :
    BD - FW - Inferno - FC - FB - ???
    You can now cover the long range, mid-range, and melee cases, plus have a quick AM refresh in case you get juggled, AND have room for a supercharge, utility power, or robot sidekick. That's a significant improvement for fire.

On the tank side of things, all we're really getting so far is a damage buff.
    • Like x 3
  7. Electrizzaro Loyal Player

I am happy to hear that Flame Cascade is going to be actually usefull. There have been many times when I have been in some content and I knew that the adds would be dead before I could get off another FB...I tried anyway lol but now we can just throw in a FC or 2. That is a great change. I did not test that while testing Fir's damage.
  8. Electrizzaro Loyal Player

Thought I would post my parser results in this thread just incase any were wanting to see them
  9. Fighter Well-Known Player

Has anyone tested the difference in modding with straight dominance as a tank instead of dominance and health? I have species in all 1st tier health and all heal critd but I am wondering what mod spec will be more beneficial.
  10. Fighter Well-Known Player

Also I have seen a few videos of fire dps after GU 54 and several of them are using Phase Dodge. Is this just for clipping or does it add damage?
  11. L T Devoted Player

Yes. JimsArcade pretty much wrote the book on it a few pages back. Scan for it.
  12. JimsArcade Well-Known Player

Here is the latest post of mine regarding modding for Fire tanks that LT was referring to:

https://forums.daybreakgames.com/dc...azing-guide-to-fire.632/page-143#post-3301467

Thanks. Maybe it would be helpful to have a link to my post (and/or future versions) in one of the tank sections at the beginning of this guide?
  13. blazeing fire111 Devoted Player

Can you link one of these videos? I cant find them on youtube where someones using phase dodge.
  14. JimsArcade Well-Known Player

It's just for clipping
  15. Miserable Dedicated Player

What's the exact duration of Fireburst's animation?
  16. Avian Dedicated Player

You can easily test this out without actually modding. Health and Dominance both affect your health boost, only difference is that the 60% health buff is calculated from your base health while you get extra health on top based on your Dom (2.2 health for each point of Dom).
  17. Miserable Dedicated Player

Health increases your effective health more than dom does. If you choose to straight dom, your self-heals might be a bit stronger but your health will be lower.
  18. blazeing fire111 Devoted Player

Anyone else seeing wierd numbers from fireburst? Only getting 14k dps from my sparring target.
  19. Absolix Loyal Player

There are two different ranges on Fireburst now, so you have to be within 7m in order to get Fireburst's best damage.
    • Like x 1
  20. blazeing fire111 Devoted Player

I know but i was standing right in front of the sparring target and was getting those numbers, switched out to fireburst and went long range and would get more DPS with mass det than i was getting with fireburst.