Trailblazing Guide to Fire

Discussion in 'Oracle’s Database (Guides)' started by Soulburn32, Feb 16, 2013.

1. Absolix Loyal Player

Did you have Volatility up? If yes, then could you grab a video, preferrably with the combat tab open, and submit it to the bug section and/or the bug tracker
  2. SpicyMoonlight Devoted Player

I'll be the first to say it. WM is really good now (gotta have a strong battery though). I enjoy the recent changes. Now I'll actually gear my DPS and go back to split mods.
  3. chaotic3430 Committed Player

Haven't been able to test extensively but noticed with Wildfire being buffed, it seems to be a very viable option to replace Robot Sidekick now.

Inferno
    Burning Determination
    Fiery Weapon
    Flame Cascade
    Fireburst
    Wildfire

Inf, BD, FW, FB, WF, FB, FB, FB, FB, repeat.........FC if interrupted.
  4. L T Devoted Player

It's about 2.5 seconds now. I know you wanted exact, but I'm not that good with a stopwatch.
  5. chaotic3430 Committed Player

I thought they didn't change it, last it was 1.9 seconds for FB and 2.2 seconds for MD.
  6. Electrizzaro Loyal Player

I am loving the damage increase to FC. Now when I get that first FB off and know that the add will be dead before I can get the second I just throw out a FC and I get in that little extra bit of damage instead of the Ice guy killing it lol. I also find myself using it a bit more now that I know it is not such a dps waste.
  7. L T Devoted Player

when I re-timed using bursts of 10, I get 2.1s for fireburst and 2.0 seconds for mass detonation. I time with a stop watch, so my reaction time might be a factor here. If anyone thinks they have more accurate numbers, or can time by counting frames of a video or other super slick means, by all means clue me in.
  8. chaotic3430 Committed Player

Can you test to see which is better?

Inferno, Burning Determination, Fiery Weapon, Fireburst, Wildfire, fireburstX4

VS

Inferno, Burning Determination, Fiery Weapon, FireburstX5 with Robot Sidekick
  9. L T Devoted Player

Fireburst Spam FTW!

By about 1.5-3k dps
  10. Emoney Dedicated Player

Am I the only one using overheat..... I assume its better than wildfire now....plus the animation is quicker....it fits between FB spam nicely.
  11. L T Devoted Player

Overheat has always been a DPS loss in the past. I'll admit that I haven't had time to test it since the recent changes though.
  12. Emoney Dedicated Player

I dunno bout it being a loss....as the six power....most other people were choosing robot sidekick....and overheat always ticked as much as inferno(only one target though) now its eight targets...that leaves me at three DoTs....inferno overheat and BD...though BD is a weak tick...still need it for AM.
  13. blazeing fire111 Devoted Player

Were still here...were just hiding, plotting our revenge to take over and burn all that oppose us. ;)
    • Like x 4
  14. chaotic3430 Committed Player

I get higher numbers from Wildfire than I do Overheat. 12 ticks compared to just 7 from Overheat. Wildfire has a nice initial burst too.
  15. xoHLxDPSox Steadfast Player

can anyone here give a new fire tank the "bread and butter" loadout for fire tanking?

atm my character is eCR125, with oCR127, its a alt character that Im trying fire tanking on as I've never been fire tank (least not realistically anyhow). So Im wanting to give it a go :p

To give a tad more info on the character, it has 186sp atm as I just unlock the rest of the SP' I could for him. I looked on YouTube but nobody really uses fire that has posted a up-to-date video.

so any help is appreciated, I know I need to spec dom > health > resto as far as SP' go. But not really sure what the mods should be looking like.
  16. L T Devoted Player

Stoke Flames - Burning Determination - Backdraft - Wildfire - Burnout - Eternal Flame

If you don't want to run with a supercharge, swap in Immolation and Flashpoint for Burnout and Eternal Flame for a fairly power-efficient way to crowd control and do damage. On a situational basis, swap out Wildfire for Amazon Lasso, Fireball, or your movement ranged pull.
  17. xoHLxDPSox Steadfast Player

Yea I plan to play around with it next for months try to get the hang of it. It'll be my 1st tanking with fire. But from running with a fire tank or 2 it seems really fun. So I decided to level a alt I had on the back burner.

how should I do my SP'? should I focus on health > dom > resto? in that order or does the order not really matter as long as you get the health 1st then you can dom or resto 2nd/3rd.
  18. Korlick Loyal Player

Id go Dom>Health>Healing Crit>Resto
    And as for mods, Dom n Health on everything except yellows, in those i put Resto n Health.
  19. L T Devoted Player

Probably Dom / Critical Heals / Health / Resto in that order. Maybe Resto then health. Here's why:

Dominance gets doubled, and then adds 2.2 Health and .25% base healing per point (so it's really like 4.4 health and .5% healing for each point).

If you get all the critical heal bonuses you'll heal yourself about 20% better on average, and that's regardless of stats and gear-- so as your gear gets better your healing crits will be bigger also.

Health only gets buffed by 60%. It's useful, but I'd say the few hundred health you can gain from spending skill points isn't going to make or break your raid. If you buy all the T1+T2 Health it comes out to something like 780 (1248 buffed) which is about 4% at the beginning of T6.

Finally Restoration is useful for Fire Tanks, but it's only increasing base healing, not overall healing. It will add to the heals that you get but not multiply them. If you buy all the T2 Restoration it comes out to 420, which is roughly 10% of your Restoration at the beginning of T6 but will only net you about 4-5% better heals.
    • Like x 1
  20. xoHLxDPSox Steadfast Player

ok good to know, is WM useful at all for fire tanks? I know when I was ice tanking I used WM but thats only b/c with a sield up I had room to do other things like doing WM combo's ect.
    • Like x 1