Trailblazing Guide to Fire

Discussion in 'Oracle’s Database (Guides)' started by Soulburn32, Feb 16, 2013.

1. JimsArcade Well-Known Player

Here are the calculations of the Fire Tank buffs for T7 gear with VII mods. The healing received buff assumes the 1%×¼×(restoration+dominance) calculation is accurate. All mods that do not have some kind of buff advantage over all other mods are excluded.

[Removed due to incorrect formulas]

I could show every mod and the buffs they provide, but you would see that the mods shown above are the only ones to consider based on the buff calculations.
    • Like x 1
  2. JimsArcade Well-Known Player

If the healing received buff calculation is accurate, I would choose Restoration VII for all slots except waist and rings, where it would be a toss-up between any of the three listed. So if I were to choose Dominance VII for those slots, modding this way would provide a Fire tank +1,274.2 health and +418.5% healing received.

It's the second number that has me believing that either the healing received buff calculation is inaccurate or there is no way to affect our healing received beyond the innate 80% buff we get by default. Receiving nearly 6x the normal heals that would normally be provided would be considered OP at best.

:edit: recommendation removed due to innacurate calculations
  3. Remander Steadfast Player

Resto will only affect your self heals, not healing received from others. Same with dom. The only buff to healing received is the flat 80%.
  4. Here2Help Devoted Player

So, using this info, how would everyone mod? Seems like you have a range of options depending on how you play fire....
    • Like x 1
  5. Remander Steadfast Player

Why no dom/prec or prec/health in reds? The former actually would give you 312.2 health along with the dom for heals. The latter would give you 348 health. Some of the values look off. Resto/health, for instance, is missing some aggregate health in the far right column, and the socket affinities are left out in some cases.
  6. JimsArcade Well-Known Player

Ugh I am an idiot! I used 60% of health for the buff bonuses when I should've been using 160%. The socket affinities are intentionally left out of any mods that do not provide them. (For example, putting a green mod in a red slot.)

I'll update and post expanded sheets shortly (while also removing the healing received column since it is not an actual buff you can mod for). Thanks for catching that.
    • Like x 1
  7. JimsArcade Well-Known Player

OK, here are the revised mod spreadsheets, now including every VII mod available in the game. Please note: the "Stats" columns show the raw stat increases before the Fire tank buff, while the health bonus column shows the results after the buff.

(If anyone plans to quote this post, please remove the images for easier reading for everyone. Thanks.)

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]
    • Like x 4
  8. JimsArcade Well-Known Player

So based on the above spreadsheets, if you want to maximize the health buffs, you would mod as follows:

Chest: Dominance & Health VII
    Legs: Health & Power VII or Restoration & Health VII
    Head: Might & Health VII or Precision & Health VII
    Shoulders: Might & Health VII or Precision & Health VII
    Hands: Dominance & Health VII
    Feet: Dominance & Health VII
    Waist: Dominance & Health VII
    Back: Dominance & Health VII
    Rings: Dominance & Health VII

Modding this way would provide a Fire tank an additional 5,470.8 health.
    • Like x 3
  9. Remander Steadfast Player

Nice work! So, the one odd gear piece is the chest, as you end up better ignoring the affinity. Good information here. Thanks!
  10. Lacedog Loyal Player

Thanks for this. This is very helpful for new players to get a visual of what actually happens when they mod. That said, legs would be the only thing I'd put something other than dom health.
  11. L T Devoted Player

Today I added the following updates to the guide:
    • Updated power description for new AM powers added in GU49
    • Updated base damage for powers that were affected by GU49
    • Added a note in the DPS PVP guide
    • Started on updating the Tank Role Guide

As always, comments and/or constructive criticism is welcome.
    • Like x 5
  12. L T Devoted Player

To DO Guide updates:
    • Finish Tank updates.
    • Update Tank PVP guide.
    • Updated AM guide.
    • Remove Crash Allen's Guides -- I'm reluctant to squash others' contributions, but they're just too out of date I think.
    • Like x 2
  13. darkscarletx Loyal Player

Thank you! I really can't wait to use fire AM! Already have my AM loadout and rotation.:D
  14. Here2Help Devoted Player

Good job mate :)
  15. Electrizzaro Loyal Player

nicely done ty
  16. Scar-Red Nova Dedicated Player

It's great to see Remander in a Fire thread, I always envied that Celestial had such a great resource (so much that I made a celestial toon!:p ). Cheers to everyone working hard in this thread! JimsArcade's posts have been very useful in particular. This is our day!
    • Like x 1
  17. TrueGODofMarvel New Player

Has anyone experimented with clipping HB Solar Flare in between every Fireburst? I like the feel of it, but I think I'm losing dmg. Will try to do some tests on it. Unless someone on the test server already did this comparison?
  18. Remander Steadfast Player

I can't imagine it would be beneficial. Fireburst is infinitely spammable now.
  19. Remander Steadfast Player

Heh, thanks, but I'm pretty much a Fire noob. My CR 71 alt is Fire, and I only rolled her after the original Fire AM release. I've learned a ton from the folks in this thread. I'll contribute, when I think I have something worth considering, but I'm mainly here to learn.
  20. Scar-Red Nova Dedicated Player

I would think anything but scissor kick is losing damage, depending on how badly it was nerfed.