Time to grant us the PVP feat points

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Thunderstrikke, Oct 18, 2020.

1. BumblingB I got better.

[IMG]
    • Like x 1
  2. BumblingB I got better.

This is why the model I suggested with how they treated vday event. Grant the old feats. Take PvP offline. Then revamp it and bring it back with new feats. It would bring players back and new players would start with it. Revitalizing the game and it would still have a PvP side after it was returned better.
    • Like x 1
  3. Scarlet Mysty Loyal Player

I was gonna argue against you but i'd actually rather know if that's a reference to 3DBotmaker in your sig
  4. SekretVillain Loyal Player

I also mentioned that I have tried getting feats and had no luck but that's why my view point now is PvE centric vs a mix of pve/pvp
  5. CandySlinger Active Player

I have 29 PVP feats and 34 LPvE feats. I will always need an extra 25 points or so to "feel more powerful", but whether they ever award more feats or limit some to only cover the ones I already have doesn't really matter. They could have a bonus week where instead of needing a hundred runs of a map or character or the thousand duels you only need to run it once and I'd still be missing most of them at the end of it. It's just not fun content, I'd rather be refreshing the broker over and over again for hours than engaging with it.

If the focus is meant to be on bringing in new players, I would think the larger sp deficit they have from the typical end game player the more intimidating trying to catch up would be. They've done a good job with the cr skips to make a dent, but I'd only have positive thoughts if they just said "Don't worry about PVP or LPVE if you don't want to, here's some rewards anyways". If they are worried about "punishing" players who will go from having a head start on sp from grinding feats to merely having a half a decade head start with that sp I'd be fine with only granting feats to new characters. Then those who feel like they ceded ground to their in-game peers will know that at least that meant they had to make a new character, then pay to unlock all the feats they had originally again just to catch up and/or pass them.

But also just go ahead and give me some more SP points, I could use them.
  6. Reinheld Devil's Advocate

You get enough out of the box to get the crits already, assuming you fill those before WM or some other things like iconic powers. If not, you'd only be a few short (unless you go get EVERY iconic power). If you were still a few short because you spent poorly, it wouldn't be 30 short...it would be 3 or 4 and again, you can get some pretty easy sp, even solo, in an hour or 2 max, even by accident.

Also, I've already suggested a few ideas to get the 77 up to a slightly higher number that does NOT included the top level PVP feats. If it were just a matter of a few SP is all...which it's not.

BTW...if any of the people who are defending this idea due to the 'CR Skippers need help' angle, can honestly say that they would be picking up skippers for raids if they now had 110 SP vs 80...I'd be extremely surprised. I can see the LFG shouts now. "Need HEALZ for SGE, Artis, base equipment, role knowledge, augs all optional, but you'd better have 110SP, or don't bother sending a tell" (yeah, that's more than 60 characters, but you wouldn't see it anyway so it doesn't matter).
  7. Qwantum Abyss Loyal Player

Agreed 100% but if the devs all but said non of that is happening because they/cant wont put the time into pvp (i assume that means even rewards, rotations, events, etc) then while that would all be great i dont see it happening. Since the devs are ignoring pvp an not planning to do anything you have suggesting im searching out an alternative means. The suggestions to fix it are great, the suggestions to encourage participation are great. But since none of it will happen its not valid solutions to the issue at hand.
    Now perhaps a dev will comment an offer some encoragement here because i Wouod much prefer to just go get the feats in leu of using a skip (if they went that route as a solution i mean) then buyin em w/replays for my main.
  8. Reinheld Devil's Advocate

If the CR skip came with all the PVP feats, some would spend $250+ to buy one, and we'd never see another free one. Change my mind (dang I wish I knew how post pictures...I'd make one with the guy at the table with that on it...).
  9. Qwantum Abyss Loyal Player

Whats 3DBotmaker???
    Reference is nothin more than good ol’ Ricky Bobby hahaha
  10. Ryazan Dedicated Player

The last time I enjoyed playing PvP was legends pre stat revamp. I don't know if it's fatigue or something else but I just can't get myself to enjoy a legends PvP match in the current state of the game (win or lose, doesn't matter). Currently, I have every PvP feat but the final Ring War and kill count, and all the lair feats (never began the grind, the number for the feat just made not even try it). I'd be fine with everything just being given away, maybe just not the Deadshot style, keep that to the people who actually grinded.

It's already annoying that PvP is needed for some PvE progression when it should be completely separate from it.
  11. spikeat Well-Known Player

Why are you comparing a seasonal to PvP? One is live temporarily and the other is live year round, but I'll play along. Let's even say with a revamp they will have a new maps so they can grant feats for the old ones. There is no reason to take PvP offline if they worked on a revamp. It would release in the following order:
    Revamp announcement
    Revamp (test server)
    Revamp launches
    Grant old PvP feats + release new PvP map stacking feats.

The issue is still there. I would still just get the feats and back out. What drastically changes about PvP that will draw an enormous population of PvPer to join the game? (rebalance is not enough)
  12. Thunderstrikke Well-Known Player

Does anyone play PVP "for hours" anymore? Or is is more like spending hours in que?? And that's my point exactly. I used to spend hours PVPing; that's how I got 22 of the 30 points we are talking about. Now it's spending hours in que (only to have it occasionally pop and deal with some nitwit using dog form or what have you). Your false dichotomy ignores the state of the game. if it was 2014, I'd agree, but it's not, and PVP is significantly different. I have 500+ feat points, so to throw me in a giant pot with "people who want free feats" is insulting, quite frankly.
  13. BumblingB I got better.

This why I wanted to stop. People get very agitated because they think I'm trying to do a direct comparison. I'm not. It's not saying they are the same thing. I'm using it as a precedent. Whether they take it offline or not, the meantime is the issue. Mepps stated it would take probably about a year to fix. And would require to take resources from pve to do. If it was taken offline, it could be worked on the side.

But now I'm out. It's too much for me to keep up and restating my points like I used to back when I was more active.
  14. TheLastSuperman Well-Known Player

Rant time? LOL when a guy with a decent vocabulary sounds like a crazy fool, let's DO THIS!

Monetize it and imagine the possibilities, hmm.

"it's always been f2p" well it's about time to make it p2w, increase gear cost first then switch out to source marks or a currency sold in marketplace, my my watch the $ come in and fixes be made.

Money makes the world go round! Or you can leave it dead as it currently is and just hope it may return one day (lulz).

"We have no plans for pvp at this time" = "we ain't making no money off this, F-it!"

Simple concept really, they let it die because too many players spent too much time on pvp / open world that they would have never jumped on the micro-transaction, time capsule, everything else pve-gimmick-related bandwagon, if they wouldn't of let pvp die off first. Seems like someone knew exactly which "business" direction to take the game, which was the direction of more $ while failing to realize the value that a revamped pvp system would bring them, which would be more money made over time than lost procrastinating on not sorting PVP, DURHURR!

Silly Rabbits, Tricks are for Kids.
  15. spikeat Well-Known Player

So you're roughly missing 80 individual PVP feats or less. I'm sure there are still some who PvP for hours, I wouldn't say none, but I agree there are far less than there were years ago. And I did suggest that the Devs offer the 8v8 and maybe 5v5 feats that are hard to queue. Are the 1v1 and 2v2 taking hours to queue? Maybe those 8v8 and 5v5 feats can clear the feats you're missing. I don't know what you're specifically missing.
  16. spikeat Well-Known Player

I didn't read every single post, since the thread is quite long. But I'm glad we both got our points across. :D
  17. Pat New Player

Just come up with a way for players to spend money in pvp. They will fix it immediately.