Time to grant us the PVP feat points

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Thunderstrikke, Oct 18, 2020.

1. BumblingB I got better.

Oh, I'm probably not going to respond to a reply to this, but that's an easy answer.

It would be because of the SP deficit that the CR boost comes with. If they followed their own set 1:1 ratio, it's not even half the skill points required. Plus, if they do continue to increase the base skip CR, which they should as the game progresses higher and higher, they will need to add more feats to it.

So the question there would be, do they use the rest of the classic game or start using DLC feats?

Anyways, carry on.
  2. Proxystar #Perception

If it's a PVE boost then it must take feats from PVE content to offset any deficit, which ones you decide to undermine its a different discussion for the PVE community, I would suggest the most natural place might be old DLC feats.

What I would say to you though, is that it's a boost, not a perfect replacement for actual game play there's a legitimate argument in suggesting there's nothing wrong with its imperfect nature, its imperfect of course by more ways than just feats.

The booster doesn't include any source marks, so also at the start you're CR255 with no mainframe having to earn hundreds of source marks.

However, given your high level, albeit lacking skill points, you're powerful enough to cruise through old content and obtain most feats simply through playing, so many feats are available to those players, the more insignificant number of feats in pvp shouldn't even be on their radar, equally so as a comparison would or should this new player be immediately worrying about elite feats?

Are these players buying boosts, which are just boosts or did they think they were sold something more comprehensive? Are they not boosting themselves to then actually play?

I thought I'd also ask you a curious question as well, are you aware of any other MMO out there that's stripped pvp rewards, deleted pvp or just started handing out exclusive pvp progress and the like, because their pve community requested it?
  3. BumblingB I got better.

Dang, you are good for wanting to get me to reply.

Let me reply with a question. Have you seen any other game that abandoned PvP and left it that way to focus on what makes them money?

I think we are in unique territory here. So you have to base it on known precedent that the game has done already. Which, I did point out the Vday seasonal.

They granted all the feats and when they actually worked on a new one, added new feats. This definitely can work even for PvP.

And as much as you try to argue against it, it's not being worked on and it's a damp well, barely any water in it. By that, there are some who do still play. I mean, a few of the commenters in this thread are proof of that. I concede that point, but it's not enough to help players gain these feats. But the development is halted and if the majority doesn't play, it's not obtainable to a big portion of players who were not here to benefit from active play.
    • Like x 1
  4. Proxystar #Perception

Haha that depends does it have to be them just abandoning pvp, or does abandoning the entire game count? :D

Of course your Vday comparison is easily countered, the content didn't exist at all, you couldn't run it, you can actually run pvp, you just might not like it ;)
  5. BumblingB I got better.

Oh, no, it's the same comparison. The devs went on the record that it was not something they wanted to put out again nor fix and decided to rebuild it. Granting the feats as an apology and making something that was way better. They've also done similar things when they changed certain elements to the gameplay, like RnD feats.

The Vday event is a good precedent and argument for feat granting. :p
  6. Proxystar #Perception

Yea but theres difference between removing something and just choosing not to work on it.

PvP hasnt been removed, if we're honest here the problem is no one wants to play lair battles against an atomic tank who heal themselves endlessly and has a million health.

With those other items, they removed the path to the feat so naturally had to do something.

The path to the pvp feats hasn't been removed stretches of it are are just doused in a little burning oil :D
  7. BumblingB I got better.

o_O

But it is the same thing. They chose not to work on the original Vday event and made a new one. The same can be said about PvP. They choose not to work on it and will have to spend a lot of time probably to almost rebuild it.
  8. Proxystar #Perception

Haha, we're going around in circles :D

I'd agree with you, if say they actually removed the Australia map as an example then you could say, how is one supposed to now win 50 Australia.

But they haven't done that,

By the v-day comparison they actually removed the event, for a long time even.

My view would be the same of v day in fact had they left it running broken, I'd legitimately have said, it sucks, but it's there, get the feats.
  9. spikeat Well-Known Player

When I started playing, my leaguemates would ask me to PVP all the time and each time I would decline because I'm more of a PVE player. Then by the time Last Laugh was released, I had almost all the PVE feats and there were no other content to run. It was then I jumped in and learned to PVP. I picked it up fairly quickly in a few days and started winning 75-80% of my matches. As I got better I was able to tank 3 opponents without support and it got to the point where opponents would not engage me if I stood claiming a node. I could single handedly turn the tide of Ring War/ Diamond Heist. But the first 2-3 days were rough, I was defeated nearly every match figuring things out.

I blind Q most of my matches as it was faster and chose all the maps where I needed the feats. The PVP skill set then set me up for Home Turf Lair battles where I was winning rounds fairly easily. But once I got my last PVP feat, I stopped queuing for PVP matches and never looked back. I just don't enjoy PVP even though I'm not too shabby.

It's great that you point out that PVP "not the kind of game play I enjoy typically. I'd rather play with friends to accomplish something against AI which in this game is the PvE aspect. So I've been PvE based since." I feel many PVE players who are missing the PVP feats are in the same boat and doesn't want to admit it.
  10. spikeat Well-Known Player

I'm just going to answers these question based on my own perspective. It was PVE that drew me to this game originally. I'm a PVE player that have completed all the PVP feats.

Are you okay with handing them out? Devs have been handing out feats for a while. I don't have an issue with this. I don't agree with handing out full/all feats from category, DLC, Episodes They can grant a few that are the hardest to access.

Are you okay with the PvP broken struggle? I'm a player that adapts and overcomes. When I log in, I access what I need to accomplish and what's the most efficient way to accomplish the goal as I have a limited play time. Bugs are annoying but it personally doesn't prevent me from running it. I'm also a PVE based player so I could care less.

Do you feel that it's okay only if X isn't done? This is a variable. It depends on the specific situation.

Do you feel it's never okay to adjust anything that is first implemented? I feel that a lot of the T2 and T3 raids haven't changed. no issues there. PVE and PVP combat have had countless revamps. Revamps are annoying because I have accumulated 10 toons and then I have to go back and test all the powers.

Do you feel it's unjust to exclude new players? If I was a new player who just started today, I would not feel unjust. DCUO has mainly PVE content today and it would be the reason I started playing. I would have 540SP to catch up on with my limited playing time. And who knows if I play long enough to worry about PVP content that I don't enjoy.

Do you feel that new players have to go through the same struggles older players had? Since this is a PVP thread, the feats hasn't changed. It's still achieve 5 win on this map and 10 win on that map etc. They're quite basic feats.
  11. Qwantum Abyss Loyal Player

I never said ppl dont beg (they assuredly do). I said i didnt see any. All those in favor i read explained that they have put the time an work in but still arent able due to OTHER ppl not doing it. I also agree fully that there assuredly are those in the community that want the handout w/out the work. It’d be absurd to say/think otherwise. That just seemed to be the point U were making and reasoning you were Using for some of us asking for this or agreeing it should be done. Again (for the 2nd time) if i misunderstood i apologize. Thats just what your argument sounded like to me.
    Now, as for “no one” PVP’n. Thats an exaggerative term, i dont literally mean “no one”. But i have sat in Q’s for hours an hours. I have shouted for hours an hours. And read these posts, im not the only one. The only ones i have seen here sayin they were able are ones that
    1) were able to somehow get league mates to do it
    2) are Exploiting a “trade wins” thing AND lucky enough to find enough ppl to do it and even luckier to be able to keep the groups for a length of time.
    3) openly admitted they did it long ago when ppl still played it.

So how is me attempting to do the feats not putting th effort in? Since there was a post by someone earlier sayin back in the day they ground out the feats in a matter of just 2-3 weeks (i think thats the time frame he gave) then it seems logical to me that some of us w/out the feats have out even MORE effort into tryin to get them.

I think we r at a stalemate. Your never gonna convince me that virtually unattainable feats are fine as is even tho we try an try but cant even get in the Q to attain them. Some say we must earn them..... well, im betting some of us w/out em have put more effort into getting them then some of those that got em so that argument holds no water.
    Something must be done. a PVP fix is ideal for sure!!!!!!!! but again, devs said not gonna happen so what is the alternative?
    If you dont think a solution like adding them to the CR skips for example is a good way then offer an alternative solution. I am open to any/all solutions to make these feats attainable. The worst is the new or newer players. They havent a chance. Its NOT good for the game to have unattainable feats stuck in a broken, openly neglected part of the game that not anywhere close to enough ppl run to make it doable.
    I am all ears, im open to any/all solutions. CR skip seems the simplest for thr dev team but if theres a better option im in!!!
  12. BumblingB I got better.

I'm going to apologize, I didn't mean to ask you to answer the questions. It was meaning the camps that are in this thread based on responses to it. The whole thing is a level of what you are okay with allowing.

But since you did, I'll honor your replies.

This brings up one point that I think a lot of people forgot, because of an update quite early on, Skill Points do not impact PvP instances like they do in PvE. Outside of open world, you really have them to up your weapon combos. Though, I'm not completely sure what impact stats matter did to it. So feats are mostly for PvE as it is.

This where I was talking about the slider part. What you might find okay is how you feel, while others would be less or more forgiving.

Do you still play PvP? Like regularly? I read in your previous post, you got them all and never looked back. This is the mentality that affects the gameplay. In PvE, even lower content will still get done, it may need an LFG formed group, but it's easier to do. While PvP is ghost town like. With a population as big as USPC/PS server is, you'd think it would be booming as much as the PvP forum posters say it is. The problem is, a majority of the forum posters are not playing it, but begging for it's return so there is a reason to do it. In either place, that's a wall and as much as lot of forum players try to say otherwise, does gate a large majority of players that missed out when it was popular.

You answered that in your first post. Situational indeed.

Believe it or not, all the content has had 3 major overhauls. You just never realized it because player side, most don't pay attention to test server.
    • 1st was when they introduced CR to NPCs. They actually had to go back and adjust. This was if I remember right, was because they wanted to spawn bosses for FNL. It was small, but it did make some content problematic for a bit.
    • 2nd was CR Differential and monthly content. And that broke quite a bit of the game even after test. All content that was before T5 had to be hand adjusted. There just wasn't a lot of players that wanted to test by this point. (Not going to get into it, but it was partly because of how the testers were treated from both devs and players alike.)
    • 3rd was stats revamp. They adjusted everything, because they had to remove CR Differential.
    • There have also be here and there updates that adjusted difficulty to help promote the game over the years. (From leveling, to low content, to the ship.)
    But it also answer the question, you are in the it's okay to adjust if the game warrants a need.

That's the reasonings the devs have when it comes to the CR skip and the level agnostic previews for content. It's something to help new players actually play for something they pay for.

Ah, yeah, in a literal sense, this answer is correct, the question was more like "Do you feel that new players have to get all the same feats as you, when the struggle is worse than when you got them?" I think that's a better phrasing.
  13. HurricaneErrl Dedicated Player

Those extra 30sp aren't inconsequential to a cr skip toon though. That is enough to fill up one of the crit categories alone.
  14. HurricaneErrl Dedicated Player

They already have diminished plenty of early pve feats
  15. HurricaneErrl Dedicated Player

Im actually quite comfortable with where I'm at in regards to feats/sp. But where those few extra SP does affect me is in content when I'm placed in a group of CR skippers that drags a 5 min alert out into a 30 minute crawl. And sometimes even unfinishable. Those extra sp could mean the difference in filling their crit bars and extra power. The skips are designed to throw new toons right to the tip of relevancy. Expecting those players to dedicate their first few days grinding sp rather than playing content they can actually get in to is also kind of ridiculous. I dont want them to just hand out the feats to everyone. But when it comes to the cr skips, I dont think it is that bad of an idea. They already hand out gathering feats, and early open world pve feats which are actually obtainable without quing or needing help. Really, feats from an unsupported aspect of the game should have been the first to be given in the cr skip imo
  16. HurricaneErrl Dedicated Player

Here we go round the nullberry bush lol
  17. Proxystar #Perception

I already offered alternative solutions in this thread at times and in others

Theres a raft of possibilities

Put larger group pvp maps back on a weekly cycle, so that map is all that's played

Run promotions on maps double marks, bonus win counts, possibly some cosmetics, it could even be some existing rare styles, how about having a chance a stabilizer will drop during pvp for a week or weekend.

The main problem as you've highlighted is actually just encouraging people to queue regardless of whether or not balance is perfect, because eventually people will achieve what they want and even moreso if the speed of queue popping albeit not entirely non existent is more reasonable.

All of of those solutions are better than just handing out feats.

If we were to put feats in a booster then a better idea would be a specific additional PVP cr boost that costs $50 or something and comes with a set of level 99 gear and some of the feats, the player then has to grind out the extra feats and the money made from PVP boosts goes towards improvements and betterment of PVP development, not PVE.

Im fairly certain completionist PVE players wanting some free feats would find the cash which overall goes towards helping a side of the game improve.

That too would be better than just handing out feats.
    • Like x 1
  18. BumblingB I got better.

Am I the monkey or weasel?
  19. Proxystar #Perception

Weasel for sure :p

/runs
    • Like x 1
  20. spikeat Well-Known Player

You can also rephrase it and ask if I'm ok with granting all PvP feats that I've already completed. :D
    I've already answered that question.

In general old feats that requires multiple players will be a bit more troublesome. On the contrary I always knew that PvP would dwindle. PvP players were heavily concentrated on the villains side early on and most of the heroes preferred to play PvE. There is already a significant population difference between both sides. As the villain population continue to shrink so did the PvP population, but I don't want want to get sidetracked here.

That's right, I no longer PvP, but back when I had lots of time to play , I would queue and PvP for 3-4 hours/day. The biggest deterrent for PvE players is the difficulty of PvP. It could be more difficult than Elite content depending on who they run into as an opponent. I remember defeating the same player 3-4 times in a row and then I don't see that player during the rest of my play time.

There is no way to create a tutorial in game to teach a player to PvP. Everything is happening so fast in PvP and it depends on how high the player's (new or old) situation awareness is and what they are able to distinguish.

They can't depend on PvE players to be converted to PvP players as it's a completely different genre. In order keep PvP queues up they need true PvP players and a TON of them. [For example, a person that buys Call of Duty. This person knows it's a PvP game and already know that they could get defeated multiple time but still jump back in and do it all over again.] IF they do pursue to fix PvP, they need to figure out a way to draw a ton of true PvPers to the game. Currently DCUO is known as a PvE game and keeps drawing more PvE players.