Time to do something about modding Devs

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Mazahs, Jan 17, 2018.

1. The Doctor Time Lord Committed Player

One way to balance the grind so that it exists but is not onerous is to give us the ability to take old Mods and use them in the creation of new ones. For example if we are taking a Mod from an old piece of gear that took 10 exobytes, 10 simple and 5 complex etc to make the next tier up then all we would need is the DIFFERENCE between the two. Reclaiming of old mods for this purpose should be FREE for the player. This would leave the necessity for some farming but would keep it at a steady and manageable state.

I would also strongly support re-instituting prefabs but of ALL types and all levels with appropriate marks needed for purchase.
  2. Knarlydude Loyal Player

That would just create more redundancy & programming. The devs can make all of R&D percentage based like the extreme colas & be done with it. The devs could then spend time developing content that is engaging not wasting resources on R&D programming that no one uses.

Just imagine how clean the R&D menu would be if we had 1 list for everything instead of a list for every tier.
    Just imagine how much time they could spend developing content instead of making new lists for every R&D item within new content. As it stands now we have T1-T8/9 of the same redundant stuff over & over & over.
  3. krytine Loyal Player

2 major things about molding.

First the cost with the essence focusing elements and everything that is dlc specific there is no need to keep raising the prices. When a new dlc comes out its over time to move on. Cu5 the none sense cut the amounts by half and raise what the mods do.
    2. A ton of us run alts so are essence is normally split between multiple toons. Make it account bond and make it when you are collecting essence for the feats the amount has to come from salvage. So why not promote the use of alts
  4. Roocck Committed Player

I played without any mods... Time and effort for these mods are not worth it for sure!!
  5. Erin Arror Dedicated Player

As far as craftingg mats go.... Allow inexpensive (in game cost) or a free way to break down Vengeful, Tenacious, Durable exobytes to yellow, red, and blues. Way too many purple, orange and greens. We get many from the capsules, but the core colors are used up way quicker.

Conversion example:
    Two vengeful exobytes -> 1 blue exobyte and 1 red exobyte. (Or to blue and red equivalent exobits).

Help us save earth (53?) reuse and recycle.
  6. >>>KIra<<< Dedicated Player

I do not have any problems at all. I understand what you are saying, but once you archive everything that you are not using there are no problems at all.
  7. lordexecution365 Loyal Player

It is funny to mention fun with the current state of modding.

So many believe that fun is associated with challenging, but I get the feeling that the whole fun factor is heavily gauged by the exo farming expressed boredom and cost of materials such as essence or other required components for making mods.

Getting gear is not a grind unless your referring to the vendor gear, they give gear like candy everywhere even the vault drops a piece, the only aspect of a remote grind with gear being grind is the RNG with what drops.

The only grind is really SP, you can go from 0 - 200+ in days-weeks depending on your playtime and money situation with getting gear, especially with the use of time capsules.

With mods you can simply use alpha's or beta's, takes roughly 15 mins to acquire the bits needed to make those mods ( the more advanced mods are for the more advance players that do farm and do gather bits as they go), going anything above alpha's and beta's should require a bit more work than roughly 15 minutes, though acquiring essences and other DLC components required to make the advanced mods do require a lot of material, it is not to excessive that it cannot be done during the lifetime of a single DLC that shouldn' t call for it to be considered work like in to serious, but if put in the work it should be rewarding.

Seems more of a cannot make endgame mods to keep up with the whales or those that do engage in the modding process and the work of building the toon that they desire.

Unless your are saying building your toon is excessively boring because it requires you to assemble far to many things to progress forward with mods, SP and gear.

I have to somewhat agree that modding does not hold up to the reward of the required parts, but I also see that to raise 1 stat only to lower another is, well, silly.

I get the feeling that this discussion could lead into other topics, but it all will resort in the same answer, gear is always stronger than mods and SP, and mods and SP can not be buffed to much or the less than crowd will complain because of the grind required to acquire both, SP and mods, though with 1 - 2 days you can get the exo's needed, can't help with other components but to run content to get the components.