Time to do something about modding Devs

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Mazahs, Jan 17, 2018.

1. lukelucky Devoted Player

I can't believe it needs to be said but Dcuo needs to stop compermising the integrity the game trying to force us to spend money
    • Like x 2
  2. Wallachia Devoted Player

Right? It's way faster to grind for new gear instead of mod material. I don't even bother with them anymore.
    • Like x 1
  3. MsTickle Fate Devoted Player

I fully support modding the devs, so long as it's voluntary.
    • Like x 1
  4. Vagrant Committed Player

Test in content, make a graph of your avg numbers before you modded and then after you modded. If your numbers are significantly higher (which they would be since a raid or any piece of content is much higher than a 10s parse), then obviously its worth modding.
  5. Mazahs Loyal Player

Fair enough but wouldn't you run into more variables? Knockouts, pick ups stins, break outs etc?
    I was going for flat numbers that could be replicated easy and quickly.

I do agree when testing loadouts that the next logical step after doing some base test parsing that raids are they way to go but in this scenario it didn't make sense (to me at least) since the base numbers are true. You can perform at almost identical level with Alphas and a soder vs full modding.
  6. Vagrant Committed Player

That is the point, you are testing damage in a very unrealistic situation.

So your 10s parses of damage where you had an increase of 1.5k dmg within 10s parses. Picture that increase of 1.5k dmg in a raid that could last around 20mins total. That would at least equal an increase of lets say just for giggles 1m+ more damage depending on your tier and instance.

But ya I guess its not worth it.
  7. Mazahs Loyal Player

Yeah I get what you are saying again this was not a test for what's best rotation. It was simple baseline numbers without any variables which should lead to quantifiable data.

All it did was confirm IMO that the time (you said 1 month) needed to fully mod vs an alpha and a soder was miniscule.
  8. hotsizz1e03 Committed Player

And just to clarify Mepps, you guys are doing a great job. The devs are definitely in the right direction to encourage modding.. In all of my 6 years playing this game, this modding process is actually alot more fun this time around ..

The grind i agree with everyone else, has become too grindy and not rewarding.. Same thing applies with SP allocation.. 195sp(MIGHT) shouldnt only give you 1100+Might/4000+ power(4k power is equivalent 1, 200 cost power -_-).... Just seems like a rip off and not worth grinding SP..
    • maybe 3k MIGHT and 10k Total power increase would be ideal.. anything lower is just not worth it IMO.
    • Increase the HEALTH stats(SP) too.. 6k health isnt worth 195sp.. should be like 10k health as well.. This should honestly have the HIGHEST %scaling in the game. You definitely WANT TO ENCOURAGE people to buy TONS OF HEALTH, the higher the amount the more enticing it will be to buy health.. I did some numbers and it wont even break the TETRA UNGRUND artifact(MIGHT).. even if it scaled up to 30k its still decent buff which is fine...
    Lower the purifier requirements and essence requirements by at least 40% and ill definitely be satisfied.. Mods should be super beneficial and enjoyable. Crank those stats up a bit.. ESPECIALLY ALL NEW JUSTICE MODS..
    • Like x 1
  9. LadyLightning Issue Tracker Volunteer

Make them affordable for all paying players while you are add it.

If Premium players can create mods and consumables, it might increase the demand for scanners, stabilizers and total recovery kits...
  10. MsTickle Fate Devoted Player

I also keep saying, and will keep saying until it's changed, that the bought-in-marketplace (or formerly obtained through Booster Bundles) so-called "Total Recovery Kits," should be modified to recover the entire mod, not just the exobytes.

In the modern game, the expense of modding is the cost of the simple materials, complex materials, and focusing and core elements (when they're new), not exobytes. Exobytes are usually relatively cheap, and in any case no longer make up the significant part of a mod.

Having spent real world dollars for Total Recovery Kits, I think it's only reasonable that they be made worth using again, which has not been their state ever since full-mod-recovery kits became a thing.

Getting back only the exobytes is no longer in any way worth spending real money on, and it renders stashes of pilled-up and paid-for TRKs worthless, as they destroy what's now valuable about mods.
  11. Dene Devoted Player

wwoohooo
  12. Alrighty Then Loyal Player

If they gave you 3k Might instead of 1100; they will also be increasing the defense of the NPC's as well.
    If you think it's tough carrying noobs now; if NPC's are too powerful it'll only get to tougher.
    • Like x 2
  13. Savynaa Well-Known Player

By advance sorry for my english^^

For me it's a nonsense.

You have a feat for 300 essense but it'is not enough for the feat for create generator mod and armor.

+1 for less cost for mod if that continue that way in 2 dlc we will have 80 exobyt for 1 mod and 50 essense :D
    +1 for bring the cost of recovery kit to 5 marks ( with progressive gear we change a lot specially at the new DLC)
    +1 for the SP worth it, to much time that didn't ( 7 years i grind sp i want that be usefull )

Before i was modding my alt character now the cost is so high i mod only 1 role of my main lol :D. Where is the game will be more alt friendly ?
  14. hotsizz1e03 Committed Player

But a FULL 3k might wouldnt be easily common in game.. So if you worked hard for your SP it should feel somewhat rewarding... NOTICABLE but increasingly incremental growth is all that we are asking for . The current state, is 195sp in MIGHT gives about 1100 MIGHT STAT. 1100 MIGHT Stat isnt equivalent to 195sp(Stats revamp era) is all im saying.
  15. Knarlydude Loyal Player

Yes, It would be a waste of time because of the numbers. A lot of players just do not have them time to gather the ridiculous amounts of items needed for endgame mods. To be honest, R&D as a whole needs to be sorted out because of the insane amount of redundancy.
    • Like x 1
  16. Knarlydude Loyal Player

DCUO needs more than a few players willing to make mods like you. Unless you & a few other players are willing to pay all of the devs salaries for the next year. Anything close to what it takes to make a mod now for endgame content will be a waste of resources. The majority of players have school, jobs, family or maybe even a combination of the three.
    • Like x 2
  17. Cyro Committed Player

There shouldnt be a feat for making mods, it makes it harder on new players to get skill points. The cost of the mods needs to be reduced or the strength increased.

Slightly off topic but i think the elite affinity mods needs to be adjusted as well.
  18. spack2k Steadfast Player

I totally agree here ... giving mods a higher value will make mains more powerful and alts less powerful.

To ur sig: I would probably choose Superman, no kryptonite in Hell... right, right ?
    -Darth Vader is evil he wont protect **** unless ur Name is Luke or Padme cause of nostalgia.
    -Batman is a mortal without superpowers, money doesnt help in Hell.
    -Dr.WHO the **** is this guy...
    -If u trust an AI yeah well u have been warned.
    -Hellboy is a close second since its his natural habitat and a cool guy.
    -Thor, a guy riding a hammer, i cant be seen with him no matter of what...
    -Yoda is so old before u can turn around he may accompany u as a force ghost, LOL
    -Hulk smash, jump, smash, jump............................................................. Gone
    • Like x 1
  19. AnonymousEUPS Dedicated Player

So a difference of over 1200 a second between alphas and end game mods? Over time that adds up. 1mil in 16 minutes is alot especially when it comes to elite raids.

I don’t think making them much stronger will help, It will just make modding mandatory and give people an excuse to exclude. The R&D costs though, yh that needs reducing a touch.
  20. xpoipoix Well-Known Player

If thats true then fix the laggy and buggy R & D station first !!!!!!!!!!!!!
    • Like x 1