Time to do something about modding Devs

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Mazahs, Jan 17, 2018.

1. myandria Item Storage

I hope you guys will, Mepps. As it is I only use the white mods from my base because it's easy to do. In fact, I think that Alpha, Beta and basic Supplies should be available from the base Supply Machine as a choice if players decide to own a base and it should not be dependent upon if the generator fuel cells are full or not. If you guys can find a way to navigate the R&D menu better and faster (such as putting each type into a tab instead of a long list) that would be very helpful.
  2. Knarlydude Loyal Player

Until DCUO fixes the the numbers it takes to make mods players will not mod. The end game mods take way too many items & on top of that some of the materials needed are not tradeable. When DCUO fixes the numbers & makes all the items you need for crafting tradeable then people will mod their gear. If DCUO does not fix the numbers needed and makes mods in gear weighted more then players will just quit because of the monotony. The monotony is why people do not make mods as it is.
    • Like x 1
  3. Sleepy Healer Steadfast Player

As long as they make feats for modding. I won't stop modding
    • Like x 1
  4. >>>KIra<<< Dedicated Player

imo it is easy to mod all my gear with the best mods at the time. When ever a cr gear that is greater then the one i have on i can just buy the mod extractor for 20 mov and put it in the new gear. Whenever new dlc comes out i just extract the one i got on and start saving for the next ones that are greater. I can have all my new gear modded with all the new mods in about 2-3 weeks after the new dlc comes out.
    • Like x 1
  5. Harlequin Devoted Player

There is nothing you could do that justifies the ridiculous grind to maintain a set of top-tier mods. Nothing.

Unless you guys reevaluate the insane material bloat, you'll be wasting your time.
    • Like x 3
  6. velvetsanity Loyal Player

So, you’re saying that giving them a much greater impact on stats would be a waste of time?
    • Like x 1
  7. 9001BPM Steadfast Player

I actually think the amount of mats they need right now are fine. Especially since we can reuse them ad infinitum. However the costs just keep going up and up and up... where will it end? I think going forward all post-AF3 mods should use the exact same amounts of everything, the only difference being that the essences and elements are the new ones from that dlc.
  8. Mepps Sr. Community Manager

Just to clarify, I didn't mean to rule out cost or recipe adjustments. Overall, modding should be fun and way more better, and that's the ultimate goal.
    • Like x 13
  9. 9001BPM Steadfast Player

Can I make a tangentially relevant suggestion? I think you should lower the cost of those new special removal kits to 5 marks. A lot of people really miss their synthetics. if those kits cost the same as the synthetics used to, I think it would go a long way to lessen the sting.
    • Like x 3
  10. lukelucky Devoted Player

Needs to be noted the gear turn over is way rapid also. Who wants to mod multiple tons on both roles every couple months
    • Like x 3
  11. Fatal Star 10000 Post Club

Yep, and recovery kits going at 20 marks a pop, it gets expensive quickly if you want to keep those wonderful end tier mods in your gear.

Would be nice if total recovery kits actually recovered the entire mod and not just the bytes.... Not that I'm suggesting it or anything to the green name in this thread.
    • Like x 3
  12. Vagrant Committed Player

I agree that materials need to be lowered but honestly it REALLY does not take that long.

November 15th is when the DLC dropped for Earth 3. I was FULLY modded in about a month or so especially when they did double ultra bucks. Now I am also almost done modding out my generator.

Ultimately, lower the materials required to a reasonable amount but not so much that modding itself is incredibly easy.

Oh and to the OP, you lost respect when you said you mod with alphas and test on test dummies.
    • Like x 1
  13. RealTegan Dedicated Player

Modding is not even slightly enjoyable for me. I have been using betas for my end game characters and just not bothering with most of my alts because gear turnover is so high. I'm not entirely certain what the devs could do to make it enjoyable, but right now it's a boring grind, for me. I only make mods to get the feats, and I don't feel any satisfaction while doing so, like I ought to in a game that's meant to be fun.
    • Like x 2
  14. spack2k Steadfast Player

see thats not true thats the milisecond which keeps u alive so u can get another heal from healer besides that was just an estimated 2k hp from me , i bet its more than double of that which one would miss on hp if u wouldnt mod cause of all the hp % increase from sp and artifact and whatever which adds up to alot in the end.
    • Like x 1
  15. >>>KIra<<< Dedicated Player

I like the challenge in modding all my gear to the highest in the game and like the reward that comes with it.
    • Like x 2
  16. El Presidente Well-Known Player

100% agree. I do the same thing.
  17. Mazahs Loyal Player

Where is it you would you like me to test the effects in a static environment?
    Only way to do the test was to do multiple parses with each set up where all variable remained the same AKA test dummies

You have any other ideas? I'd be glad to see what they are
    FYI the point was not OMG the grind The point was with Alphas and a soder you can produce the same numbers that you can by putting top tier mods.

It called ROI you should really look the term up.
    Pshh lost respect...as if I care
    • Like x 1
  18. Darth Piper Loyal Player

How about for plans, a set of plans that let you upgrade the mods instead of having to recover the exobytes and then build from scratch? Basically, you need the same list of things, only you need a lot fewer of them because you're starting with a certain mod. You would require starting with the Olympian mods. From there, you have the ability to turn an Olympian mod into a Special Forces mod... and then you'd have the ability to turn a Special Forces mod into a New Justice Underground mod.

One set of plans... it lets you do it one of two ways... either from scratch with all of the raw materials OR by starting with the mod from one level below and applying upgrades. Give us the same capability with generator mods as well.
  19. Mazahs Loyal Player

I see what your saying and I've only run the numbers on DPS and troll. Assuming its similar for all roles, I'd guess you are looking at more like 800 more than with Alphas. After a soder probably more like 400.

I'm not sure but someone can run the numbers, either way 400-800 difference isn't saving you from an add...let alone a boss
  20. >>>KIra<<< Dedicated Player

At end game content you can recover the entire mod by buying the recovery mod kit from the vendor for that specific content for 20 mov. Also at end game content you should always have over 100 mov in you currency. I always have end game mods in my gear. Some leagues require that for the raids, ect. If i pug in a group i want to make sure i have the best or highest mod in my gear. I also have the best or highest mod in my generator as well.