Time and Space - The Quantum Guide

Discussion in 'Oracle’s Database (Guides)' started by Solarstar, May 8, 2013.

1. BlessedHellrider New Player

Well, from what I noticed WR doesn't actually tick twice. Once the PI is applied the base damage goes up. I was seeing the double tick from the PROC on WR.
  2. dr strangeonline Loyal Player

Yes it should I'm not all T5 yet but from what I've seen about the stat increases the controller gear stat boost should put us in the 800 or a little more(read online full T5 gear grants another 50 dominance with controller stance thats 100 and Pre T5 I was at 744 with no skill points specced to dom). Still probably a good plan to have an extra 50 or so more than requirement. Our dom will still need to be stronger than the adds willpower, and the bigger adds may be a little beefier than the trash.

As I said in the above post I mostly wrote on this for the likely new controllers who switched from other roles and may have misunderstood or been told otherwise by friends about dominance working in a capacity it doesn't. I was mainly trying to debunk the theory that we'll need to mod with more vit/dom mods and such. Also for Event Horizion which should be in line with Bastion from Mental, The players shield should be based off they're dom and resto. Not each teammates shield being based off your dom and resto. According to an earlier post I read on these forums. So speccing further into dom for that purpose wouldn't be worthwhile either.

The only logical reason to mod or spec further into dom would be to increase shield strength. We should have enough Dom for the raids and such from gear.
  3. UltraElite Dedicated Player

Powers
    Quantum Powers
    ·Energy Expulsion's tooltip now states that it knocks down the target.
    ·Alcubierre Wave and Warped Reality will no longer add the Graviton-Charged power interaction to objects.

so have we been doing phantom damage with this move to objects?
  4. Cataclyzm New Player

Has anyone tried dps'n with Einstein ray just for the sheer clip-ability of it? It's a lot like ice's frost snipe with an instant cast and virtually no cool down, not too mention it can be clipped by weapon and power combos. I can cast e-ray and pretty much simultaneously throw out singularity at the same time. Also it's one of the more ranged powers that quantum seems to lack a bit and even if your within Melee range the uppercut has a nice precision based wallop.
    • Like x 1
  5. TK PUSHA Dedicated Player

oh yeah it definitely is damagin objexts, or was. you should see the amount it was splitting to furniture in my lair when i was using it on my sparring dummy.

edit:
    on second thought maybe i was misreading this...
    not sure about the damage split.
    more confused than anyting, lol
  6. UltraElite Dedicated Player

Alpha mentioned to me that it had to do with those powers having a limit on the number of things it could PI,

so instead of PI effect on the ads, the powers could PI objects and use up the limitation and the ads would never get the PI effects
    • Like x 1
  7. TK PUSHA Dedicated Player

well after a looong day of pvp testing yesterday i think i finally settled into a loadout for trolling arenas.
    ALL TIME ...yeah.
    the only things i really hate to give up from Space for pvp is the grounding effect from the PoT & having the option to use Energy expulsion with empowered channeling. If EE had the damage debuff like terrorize i think it might be enough to get me to stay in Space for arena, but since it doesnt its really not as logical to use for trolling at least.

anyway, so today i had my all Time spec still on so i wanted to see how it would work in the OPs, and man i am so much happier than i was using all Space for pve the last few days,
    Space has its upsides but it just doesnt fit my playstlye i guess for pve or pvp.
    Whoever mentioned a few pages back about Mental players relating to TIme, and Gadgets relating more to Space i think nailed it.

anyway, yeah i think i'm gonna be 'stuck in time' for awhile now, lol.:cool:
  8. indee2025 New Player

This guide became bogus once I saw there were no mentions of Singularity or Gravity bomb in the DPS loadout...also if you don't keep the burst you're a nut job
  9. Objeckt Well-Known Player

Some people just want to be the first to write guides. Some forum people just don't know dps.
    • Like x 1
  10. Solarstar New Player

I haven't noticed phantom damage with either one.

Both should be working as intended unless the devs made a miscue.
  11. Solarstar New Player

You probably can clip with it via another power once you land the uppercut.
  12. Solarstar New Player

The intention of this guide was to get people to think rather than follow the leader.
    • Like x 2
  13. Solarstar New Player

Nope, not my intention to be first to write the guide. All I wanted to do was put up a simple guide to get people to think and come up with their own loadouts, rather than follow the leader.

Guides are meant as an ongoing thought process and are not meant in any way to tell people how to play.
    • Like x 5
  14. jpharrah1010 Steadfast Player

so far im loving quantum... i have my ranged load out down pretty good the look and feel of the power set is fun ... as of right now my load out is
    warped reality>t. blast>g. well> sing>energy expul> 25% supercharge temporal vortex

im melting things pretty quickly its actually a lot like my ice ranged load out... my biggest problem is..unlike ice i really don thave a good melee load out...something thats highly clippable and bursty.... im open to suggestions....

im also curious about the trolling aspect ... so the time tree is more like mental (which i feel is the best troll power in the game).... so does that mean should i even bother picking anything up in the space tree?
    • Like x 2
  15. TK PUSHA Dedicated Player

both trees are definitely viable trolling options.
    really just comes down to playstyle IMO.

Space should have the edge on CC effects, so if you see yourself as a Crowd controller then definitely check out the Space tree.
    Time is alot less sexy, but perhaps better for the type of troll that really just likes to run as an efficient battery/debuffer.

I ran PvE with all Space the first 5 days and had a blast playing around with all the crazy good CC effects.
    Then i switched to Time the last few days and i found my power management AND damage were much more in line with what i dig personally.

There are also some great possiblities for using both trees i was seeing, but even in Troller stance i noticed a serious dropoff in damage output with aggressive PI use.
  16. Grid Ion Committed Player

Time tree is lacking in dots and that is what I don't like about it. But it's good that you are having a blast with it. May I ask which time loadout you are using?
    • Like x 1
  17. Meta Flare New Player

No, but the moves have a set number of people it can apply the pi to so it was taking it away
  18. Meta Flare New Player

So I have a troll and dps load out that I never have to respec to switch between.

My dps is ranged and is as follow... Awave- gravity well- singularity- warped reality- tachyon blast- oblivion

My control load out is meleeish and is as follow...... Tachyon burst- power dump(brain fart on the name right now)- singularity- anomaly- gravity well or Einstein ray(usually gravity well)- event horizon

Also I have an idea for a combo load out... Tburst- dump- singularity- warped reality- gravity well-event horizon.

Yes I'm aware of how awesome Qtunnel is but to have the ability to have the dps load out I like without having to respec all the time I had to give it up.
    This way I can switch from troll to dps whenever I may need to.

Oh I tried this for a melee dps... Anomaly- distortion wave- time shift- time bomb- warp barrage- oblivion.

Thoughts?
  19. JEEBIE Steadfast Player

On the last loadout, why distortion AND anomaly? seems redundant. Personally I view it as every time I use a PI setup power it's initially lost dps. It needs to happen to get my other powers to do higher damage, but I minimize the amount I have to set up the PI as much as possible. So personally I'd go one or the other and put another PI using power in there, still not experienced with time tree so no clue what i'd put in there, and there may be a reason you have both, just stood out to me.

You had me doing in an "OMG!" moment when I saw your loadout without QT, but then you addressed that, I wouldn't want to be quantum without it :D but you have a good reason.
  20. Objeckt Well-Known Player

IMO its not worth it to worry about dual spec unless you're still running lower content or don't have a lot of skill points. Since the new innate trees came and having to respec 140sp when I want to switch to controller or dps, respeccing powers is nothing. And Gravity well uses a lot of power for a controller with little return except that it looks like nice. Quantum tunneling is my most useful power for T5 for zipping across the map to pick people up, but a controller should atleast have one shield. As long as you're having fun with it, it doesn't matter.