This isn't a question of what I'm not. This is a question of who I could be..Marvel's Captain Marvel

Discussion in 'Joker’s Funhouse (Off Topic)' started by aurorabenz07, Jul 25, 2016.

1. DarkVisor 15000 Post Club

Haven't seen it, have to wait until it comes on Free-to-air TV
  2. Sir That Guy Loyal Player

Why don't you want to see it? I'm just curious :p
  3. DarkVisor 15000 Post Club

Didn't say didn't want to see it, just have to wait for it to come on Free-to-Air TV
    It's the DC movies don't want to see :p
  4. Sir That Guy Loyal Player

Well... DC films are doing pretty great right now...
  5. DarkVisor 15000 Post Club

Meh, no thanks, completely agree with your sig so won't start anything about it
    • Like x 1
  6. Arwen Skywalker Loyal Player

so estimated digital release is around June, so I'm giving it 2-3 months after the digital release for it to air on TV, August or September.
  7. DarkVisor 15000 Post Club

Maybe where you are, butt it can still take up to a year for it to reach Free-to-Air (still waiting for "Thor: Ragnarok")
  8. Arwen Skywalker Loyal Player

oh wow, sorry to hear that.

CMON NZ TV STATIONS, STEP UP.
  9. DarkVisor 15000 Post Club

Yeah, they shifted the CW shows from Free2Air to Pay-per-view a few years back
  10. NIckNock Well-Known Player

I believe Captain Marvel was a good movie and now it's time to wait for Hellboy which I believe is released April 12. Shazam is released April 5 and it appears they are doing everything they can to market what appears to be a complete cheesy movie. D.C. and W.B. continue to run after the competition while the competitor just stomped them first by making Captain Marvel a woman to compete with Wonder Woman. Spoiler alert... Captain Orange Tabby ftw <3
  11. DarkVisor 15000 Post Club

No, they didn't 'make' Captain Marvel a woman to compete with Wonder Woman, Carol has been Captain Marvel for years (can't remember when exactly she upgraded from Ms to Captain), and believe there is now a new female Captain Marvel(?)
    • Like x 3
  12. aurorabenz07 Loyal Player

Exactamundo. Carol originally went by MS. MARVEL, then went by the name, BINARY, when she got a boost in power by the Brood, then to WARBIRD, then back to MS. MARVEL. It wasn't until 2010 or so when she took the title of CAPTAIN MARVEL. It's the Inhuman superhero, Kamala Khan, who is the new MS. MARVEL.

However, comics wise and to be quite honest a little concerning, Carol Danvers as Captain Marvel is being referred as one of the most popular characters in Marvel and my response is always "SINCE WHEN?" :eek::confused: Yes, I knew of her character in the comics during the 80s and I started reading up on her due to her connection with Rogue during the 90s but I read the 2010 Captain Marvel comics and it started good but then went down in quality which is why her books have been rebooted several times due to low sales. Marvel / Disney are trying very hard to make the character popular with help of the movies but come on, Squirrel Girl, who is one of my favs is more popular than her
    • Like x 1
  13. DarkVisor 15000 Post Club

Completely forgot that she was where Rogue got her flight powers from (flight and invulnerability? o_O), that tells you just how long she has been around as a character
    Knew there was a new Marvel, just forgot which one (wasn't Rambeau supposed to be a replacement for one of Danvers' codenames?)

'Popular'? Sure. 'One of the Most Popular?' That's stretching it more than Richards needing to take a leak while waiting in line at the DMV and the only available toilet is in the convenience store down the block :p
  14. FoolsFire Devoted Player

I've always been angered by them bringing back the original Captain Marvel. Something Marvel swore they'd never do when they killed him off. But time and again they've done it to boost sales.
  15. DarkVisor 15000 Post Club

When did they bring back Mar Vell? o_O
    And are you meaning "Bringing back from the dead"? Or "Flashbacks"?
  16. FoolsFire Devoted Player

According to WIKI...

1980's
    Brought back, minus his personality, to fight the Avengers and then killed.

1990's
    + Silver Surfer sees him in the Realm of the Dead.
    + Thanos uses the Reality Gem to bring him back, then returns him to being dead.

2000's
    + Again is seen in the Realm of the Dead.

2010's
    + Again returns from the dead...only to be killed again at the end of that storyline.
    + Again resurrected...again killed.

That's right, Mar-Vel is the Kenny of the Marvel Universe.
  17. DarkVisor 15000 Post Club

Technically, seeing him in the Realm if the Dead doesn't count :p
  18. willflynne 10000 Post Club

Monica Rambeau did use the Captain Marvel name for a while, right around the original Secret Wars miniseries if I remember right. Later on she changed to using Photon.

Man, that was a popular word in that movie, though, between Carol talking about her powers (it was in the movie ads/trailers, so it's not a spoiler LOL) and that being Maria Rambeau's call sign on her plane. You'd think they were planting seeds for more characters, or something...:D
  19. willflynne 10000 Post Club

All time favorite is debatable, but recently she has been getting a lot of positive press and feedback from comics fans. At least enough to get the movie treatment, anyways.
  20. FoolsFire Devoted Player

They made a vow to keep his death as sacred as possible. Bringing him back in any form demeaned that vow.