This isn't a question of what I'm not. This is a question of who I could be..Marvel's Captain Marvel

Discussion in 'Joker’s Funhouse (Off Topic)' started by aurorabenz07, Jul 25, 2016.

1. Sir That Guy Loyal Player

Well, I don't think MJ's race-bend has any impact on the story.

Maybe in the comics, but Fury would have to be 90+ years old if he was a WW2 vet in the MCU.
  2. Ankh_Legacy Devoted Player

Grace has her good points but I do end up rolling my eyes a lot watching her.

When it comes to audience scores they are all crap, there is only one that is close to accurate and that is Cinemascore. They set up in random theaters on opening night and survey people as they walk out of the movie. It is a rather limited source and still isn't a perfect system but its the closest your going to get.

Looking at Box Office Mojo right now, I'd say the money is doing the real talking. Domestic is at $61,382,000, foreign $127,000,000, making the worldwide total at $188,382,000.
    • Like x 1
  3. FoolsFire Devoted Player

Loved the fact they showed the Space Invaders pinball machine. One of the nicest machines released at that time.

[IMG]

I honestly think they included this particular machine because of the cat. :D
  4. Ankh_Legacy Devoted Player

This is one of her good moments, where she looks to be right in the middle, just showing the numbers and the reality of what's going on.

• Like x 1
  5. Sir That Guy Loyal Player

Saw Captain Marvel yesterday and it was awesome! I especially love the twist!
  6. aurorabenz07 Loyal Player

Hey Everyone
    So after seeing the film, NO SPOILERS, its was just ok. It wasn't the game changing Marvel film the media makes it out to be. I enjoyed the first act and the visuals, but the directorial style felt very bland, sort of like Thor the Dark World. As for the main actress, I don't know if if she was miscast or maybe wasn't her fault per say but I think more or less the script and the directors who weren't able to get some more range from her were at fault. Hopefully the Russos do a better job with her in ENDGAME. As for someone who read the classic Captain Marvel comics from the 80s and 90s, I was disappointed by certain retcons, throwaway references, and swapping of characters so...
    [IMG]
  7. Arwen Skywalker Loyal Player

Still kinda agenda based video, which, I really suggest not to follow or base your decision if you want to see a movie or not. It's funny though that she ends up reviewing Captain Marvel's rotten tomato page, i mean, really? And do hate the fact that they associate box office sales with quality most of the time.

"I just want to see a good film, i don't care if it fails, i don't care if it succeeds....."
    Chris Stuckmann and Jeremy Jahns will always be my go-to when it comes to reviews. People who talk about the story, cinematography, choreography and soundtrack. Conversations that doesn't revolve around the words "SJW, activists, haters or/and box office sales"

8. E Clip Dedicated Player

So I just came back from the cinema and I thought the movie was pretty good. She reminded me a bit of a female version of Tony Stark or a Marvel version of Lois Lane, which isnt a bad thing if you ask me. I think there was a certain level of subtlety in her acting that I appreciated, which is kind of weird because I expected not to like her based on the trailers. Sure it was a bit over the top in some places especially with the tune in the last fight or when the kid talks to her mom, but overall I think the movie was a solid one. I think Marvel Studios should have thought of adding her a bit earlier into the movieverse so they tried to compress a lot in just one movie, which is prolly what throws many people off.

So the last thing I will say to those who are afraid of "agendas", if you think this movie is all about girl power that looks down on [white] men and will make you a better woman, you are wrong, if you think this movie is going to rob you of your masculinity and it will show you a bad example of a female character, you are wrong. I wish people involved in making these movies would also cut the crap and let their movies be that: movies.
  9. Sir That Guy Loyal Player

Yeah I can see where you're getting at. Definitely, the movies isn't the one of the best in the MCU, but it is a decent addition.

And about the twists regarding the Krees and Skrulls, and Fury's eye, I enjoyed the former, but the latter was alright. The movies are aimed to be comical anyways, so...
  10. aurorabenz07 Loyal Player

No Spoilers Sir o_O
  11. aurorabenz07 Loyal Player

Here's another amusing reviewer who pretty much sums up the movie and the fiasco surrounding it. It starts at the 6:05 mark but be forewarned, they do talk spoilers
  12. Catastrophic Repercussion Dedicated Player

That last video... I have some issues with it, but I'll just say without Comicsgate, there is a large piece being left out.
  13. DarkVisor 15000 Post Club

Those weren't spoilers, because they only mentioned that they were there, not what happened (and Fury's eye was hardly a spoiler unless you haven't seen any of the other MCU movies)
  14. Sir That Guy Loyal Player

I'm sorry I was being as vague as possible :p
    • Like x 1
  15. aurorabenz07 Loyal Player

You mean this scene?
    [IMG]
    And the quote where Fury stated the last time he trusted someone he lost an eye which is revealed in CM and is the reason the man changes to become the best and most ruthless agent in SHIELD? :rolleyes::p
  16. DarkVisor 15000 Post Club

Haven't seen the movie yet, and Fury has been wearing a patch in every other MCU movie, so him losing it at some point in this one is hardly a spoiler
    How he loses it would be another matter...

You, yourself, are coming awfully close to "Spoiler Alert" territory Ms Benz :p
  17. SuperBell Loyal Player

I like how they were brave enough to play 90's music.

18. DarkVisor 15000 Post Club

What? Wasn't the movie set in the 80's? o_O
  19. Catastrophic Repercussion Dedicated Player

I thought those Pulp Fiction and Cameron/Schwarzenegger shout outs were obvious enough.
  20. Arwen Skywalker Loyal Player

mid 90s
    Pagers started picking up traction by '95, and the soundtrack pretty much bleeds 90s. Nirvana, No Doubt, Garbage, REM, TLC.
    • Like x 1