The War of the Light Begins Early for Members!

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by Mepps, Jan 21, 2014.

1. coldchilln88 Loyal Player

......its a video game people
    • Like x 1
  2. coldchilln88 Loyal Player

I love this game dont get me wrong but I have all I can do with my time just for working on one t5 character. Idk how u ppl do more
    • Like x 1
  3. SnakeEyes606 New Player

yeah they were all full t4 when gates and prime was as high as it goes. once t5 came out I just ran something and switch and run it again on a different toon instead of using replays and it just ranked them all up evenly at the same time. I get bored like you said up there just playing on one power type it gets old really fast. I Just tank and Heal tho so I couldn't stop til I seen what the difference in the playstyles were. I couldn't lose ice so I just made another tank I'm super glad I can change Earth to rage;) That way I can have a beast tank tank an a new fun tank to play around on in the same gear in case I just wanna run 4 man content with rage and 8 man with ice:D
  4. ErnieB Loyal Player

LOL well this is an AWESOME surprise, just yesterday I was wondering how long it would take for the DLC to arrive since I had reached my limit in Marks and didn't have anything to buy.
  5. SnakeEyes606 New Player

I agree that the premium cash cap should def be higher and agree with the loyalty points and all that you said, but it cost 10 to get the dlc and its 4 more dollars to get every dlc and unlimited cash and inventory and stuff so in my opinion its best to just get legendary, and I'm premium right now. But that's cuz I lost my legendary...getting it back tho. thanks for the 3 month deal devs!!!:)
  6. coldchilln88 Loyal Player

This game is pay to advance if you dont buy the dlc the game is over. For a so called f2p this is wrong
  7. SnakeEyes606 New Player

id say that you may see a currency cap increase in the future or a cost reduction of things from the R and D tables so that premiums could buy them, I don't know which would be easier.. but it would be way too hard to redo the system to make peoples accounts go back and forth to different levels of premium I think. It's a good idea tho for people who wanna just buy the dlc and bank slots and inventory slots and escrow money and promethium lockbox keys...(once you get to t5 they give you marks of reality):D If you played with the inventory space and unlimited broker and repair cash that legendary has you wouldn't go back I don't think.
  8. Gman2071 New Player

Great news :)
  9. Fightingbudha New Player

Woah this is amazing news. I expected more notice like there was for trigon but this is great. I am eager to try out the rage seems pretty awesome. Great job on the trailer those 4 hours are going to seem like an eternity
  10. Gassius_Spray Loyal Player

Life is free to live. Whats with this money crap? Needing money to live is wrong :mad:
    • Like x 4
  11. The Aerovenger Dedicated Player

IT IS NOT A F2P!
    I mean, like, this subject is brought up time & time again - yet people insist on calling it a F2P!
    It can't be F2P as it is a business trying to make some sort of a profit.
    It is only F2P up until T3 & even then it is easier with some DLCs.
    F2P is like a big long demo - that's what it was like with me.
    • Like x 3
  12. ncgreenlantern Loyal Player

I knew when they said it would be up early for legendary players the "premium"players would have to try and hijack it to make it all about giving them more, more , more . You guys need to find 10 or 15 bucks a month to pay for legendary or learn to use what you have it's getting old with some of the premium players making it a daily thing about wanting more then they have paid for .
    • Like x 3
  13. BA Baracus Well-Known Player

Does anyone know what the price of the vendor gear will be? I assume it will be Marks of Reality
  14. KHALONofOGUN 10000 Post Club

That's exactly what i'm doing (I bought the last 3 pieces of Prideful for the style feat. thinking I had another week or two to restock on marks).
  15. Couzintony New Player

Yes it will be marks of reality...
    It'll be live in a couple hours... So you'll see the prices... Lolz I know a weapon will be 70 MoR...
  16. XxReCkLleSsxX Well-Known Player

I agree this game is not F2P ... it's extremely difficult to reach end game content as a free player but what can you really expect from an MMO right ? This game is constantly worked on so they have to generate some income by enticing people to pay for it.

My pet peeve right now is that, not only this game not F2P to end content with the economy it has BUT it is also not just legendary to play any longer ... with the new armorys being intoduced and the massive upkeep requiring in game cash to sustain good stats in pvp and in pve ... You have to pay much more to than just legendary to be in with the best of the best on this game.

HOWEVER I love this game and I am a legendary player during months i have time to play this game PLUS I am a generous donator to catch up on top of being legendary when i've been gone a while.

None the less DCUO always delivers so , Cheers! Lets have an epic time with the new war of the light DLC!
  17. coldchilln88 Loyal Player

You can't reach end game content as f2p. You need dlc to play t4 and t5.
  18. coldchilln88 Loyal Player

And other mmos are free to play and generate plenty of profit. Look at guild wars.
  19. Torikumu 10000 Post Club

It is free to play.

The game cost £30 when I bought it at retail in April 2011. I was then required to pay £9.99 per month after my first month was given to me for free. The game then went free to play and anybody can now play the exact same game I was at one point forced to pay £30 + £9.99pm for.

So yeah, it is free to play. As you no longer pay to play the part you used to have to pay for.

DLC is bonus content. If you want it, you can have it. There's no requirements to have it and it's not necessary to complete the content you can play for free.
  20. GreenNGo Well-Known Player

New that EU US server downtime was for something:)