The Power-hungry healers

Discussion in 'Testing Feedback' started by SparkmanX, Jul 30, 2017.

1. JohnnyWatson New Player

healing alerts without a trol seems no problem for nature.
    i think people dont spec into power, have bad power management and/or dont use their weapon enough to revive power. (go hybrid)
    you can fill your own powerbar pretty quick yourself by just using your weapon.
    • Like x 1
  2. xXHeadlinerXx Dedicated Player

I'm not saying it is right, but my celestial healer doesn't have enough skill points to max restoration yet (the RPB sale is very tempting to buy feats lol) and even there I've sacrificed some resto to get some might/power for the power and it definitely helps me. (I went with the superpower option as well).

I haven't done the math to tell whether sacrificing some resto is actually a good idea, but it feels easier.
  3. krytine Loyal Player

As long as you are aware that is making it harder on you. That's all
  4. xXHeadlinerXx Dedicated Player

Thanks Dad. I've already replaced mine. I'm just pointing out a reason someone may not have. It isn't THAT big of a deal in my opinion if someone were wanting to wait for a decent box. If they had a vendor weapon I can understand not dumping it in the trash because you had a green box drop.
  5. krytine Loyal Player

Personally if i am doing power dump over and over to refill someone i want to replenish mine but if you want to be a wish are that up to you have fun at failing
  6. xXHeadlinerXx Dedicated Player

English?
  7. Phen0menal Active Player

True it could be the healer but I have ran several alerts and raids, each playing a different role with a different power and each time I have noticed sometimes this might be the issue but also their might be more to the situation than you are seeing. I have ran into DPS with bad power management as well. Although now DPS are suppose to be responsible for their own power regen there are a few that continue to spam powers and their entire power bar is depleted before the first wave of ads are even defeated. This happen to me in WC and we were running one of each role and the DPS, who was an earth DPS during this run, and I was playing a Quantum Controller. The DPS was always out of power and I found myself in a bind trying to keep the entire group powered. I finally gave up trying to keep the DPS powered and focused on the healer and the tank. Once I did this the tank and healer were always powered fully and I was able to debuff when needed, shield myself from stray ads, and attack to build my own power back up. The DPS on the other hand still was always low on power, around 15 to 20 percent and he started seeing that spamming his power was not going to work and began manage his power somewhat better by the last boss he was at about 50 percent power during the fight. Running the instance again with a different group but this time as healer noticed the same thing running with two DPS, this time an ice DPS and a mental DPS, the controller was again struggling to keep them powered but my power bar was always full. I was playing a nature healer in this instance. Before you go just looking at one person please take a moment and look at the entire situation before trying to place blame on one person. Another 4 man instance wanted to run 3 DPS and I ran as a celestial healer during the first boss battle one of the DPS switch to controller role. During the fight all ads and the boss began stunning me to the point where I could not get off any power to give heals which depleted my power bar trying to heal the team and save myself as well. But the constant stuns and knock downs proved to much and we wiped. After three wipes I was called a bad healer and a power hog, after telling them that if one of them tanked, which both DPS were tank powers, that the ads and the boss would focus on the tank not me. Their reply to this they would lose the extra burn but finally one switch to tank role, we ran the rest of the instance no power issue anywhere with no additional problems, slower than they wanted, but we still completed it. You say it was the healer being a power hog, but just like my last example looking at the whole picture might show a different side. I have run SJ WC US JFA USE JFAE as almost every power and every role and different groups perform differently from one instance to another, and calling someone bad or power hog in one instance could be incorrect. In another instance they might not have any issues so look at everything before you try to focus on one person.
    • Like x 3
  8. Kestral Committed Player

I'll admit that we could and would spam usually to heal but as Sorcery I have noticed the HoT spells we do have (CoP, SoL, & Watcher sort of functions as one) are really underperforming now compared to before. I say this as a CR 200 and with 301 SP that allows me to put full points in the healing tree and some vit and health.

I can't help but wonder if besides our healing abilities feeling a bit nerfed (SoL's HoT tick points are so low you need to spam the move to make it even vaguely useful) is the fact that it also feels like a waste to put points into base Power now when I normally did on a skill tree due to it being combined with Might. All Dmg as a Sorcery Healer comes from my weapon so might does nothing for my build. I suppose I have already changed out half my base generator mods from Health to Power but I hesitate to do more than without risking the group's success if I go down.
    • Like x 2
  9. Derio 15000 Post Club

Came in here to defend the healers. In a raid style setting you have to understand that first:

Power cost for healing is high. This is especially the case for celestial, with nature close behind. And sorcery a few notches down, with electricity having the lowest power cost.

Healing over time is greatly reduced. HoTs are not as powerful as they once were so many healers are having to rely on burst and for all other healers besides electric, their burst abilities cost a good amount of power.

These 2 factors have a big influence on how healers choose to heal.

For Alerts.

I am just going to say it. Trollers you are hindering the group if you troll an alert.

This is simply because the roleless buff for not having a troller is so strong that the group will gain less power if a controller is in the group.

Myself and several others have found it much easier power wise as a healer when a controller is not in the alert group and its just 3 dps 1 healer or 1 tank 2dps and 1 healer.

Devs said in their discord chat that they wont adjust healers and dont have any plans to. Thus will most likely cause discrimination towards nature and celestial healers in raid type content.
    • Like x 4
  10. Kestral Committed Player

NGL, I'm like 90% sure they did such a bad job 'balancing' all the healing powers so more people would switch to Water which is likely to be OP the same as all new powers are before they nerf it too and then people pay to switch back to their old powers that have been given fixes.
    • Like x 1
  11. Miss Adora Loyal Player

there are numerous reasons. 1 resto numbers drop big time. 2 power cost gone up. 3 enemies now are hitting harder then before. 4 lck of blocking thanks to am and no need for it. So yes I may have to spam heals more to keep people alive, even then may or may not work especially certain attacks are 1 hits now.
    • Like x 2
  12. SparkmanX Committed Player

Yeap, that is correct. Today i get one green weapon box. I going to test with Hand blaster
  13. light FX Steadfast Player

I guess no one tried to spec super power focus as a healer huh? Maybe people should give that a try ;) League mate did some testing today and the passive regen is better. Its even better regardless of the weapon ya use. Right now there is no reason to spec into hybrid as a support role. Yes u sacrifice a few stats but those stats mean nothing if ya dotn have power to use your abilities.

Even changed my troll to super power focus and saw a noticeable difference when doing JFA/US today. See all these people complaining about power issues. Kinda proves to me people arent ingame trying different specs. Instead they are on here complaining about it.
    • Like x 2
  14. Captain JackDaniels Well-Known Player

I actually did spec exactly this way, I even only putt 100 points into resto, got all my crits, then spec'd a ton into might and power, I think 100 points. Ended up with 10500 resto, and guess what? Solo healed US, JFA, no problems with power or heals. On my Celestial by the way!!
    • Like x 1
  15. light FX Steadfast Player

Yea i saw u say this and someone told ya its wrong. Clearly that person didnt try it. Now it could be broken, not sure yet. Point is right not its 100% better then going hybrid. There is a lot of misinfo being thrown around on these forums because people arent trying different things. They are trying to play the way they did before the revamp.

I dont wanna be rude about it but the game changed which means we as players have to change. My league has been trying and testing every spec possible. Real testing too. Not this spec 1 sp and run some old solos silliness. Cmon people start actually playing the game and trying some different stuff instead of spending all day on here saying how the revamp sucks.
  16. light FX Steadfast Player

Btw in those raid runs, mind if i ask were u running 1 or 2 trolls?
  17. Kestral Committed Player

I get that going superpower might regen more power than your weapon can generate. However every Healer shouldn't have to be superpower focus to be able to have semi-reliable power to heal with. With this many people saying that across the spectrum of powers all healers need more base power there is room for improvement on the devs side.
  18. light FX Steadfast Player

I wont disagree about that. The point is instead of complaining all the time people should be ingame testing different things. Its the revamp sucks and when ya ask why people think it sucks most dont have a real argument that can be backed up with proof. There are some things that need adjusting. God i feel like a broken record saying this. IT IS OBVIOUS SOME CONTENT NEEDS ADJUSTING.

But i just saw a post from someone who said "the revamp needs a revamp therefore it sucks." Real constructive right? Lets ya know exactly what that person doesnt like and is having problems with doesnt it? :confused:
  19. Black Jaq Devoted Player

I just healed WC and SJ as an Electric healer. There were a couple of times where I felt like I had to empty my bar in boss fights. Overall though, wasn't bad with an occasional soder, sharing supply drops, etc.

Enemies really don't hit harder, there is just less Crowd Control now on the DPS and healer side (thinking Nature and Harvest) and abilities don't act as block-breakers anymore which means more damage taken. I assume few players are putting personal shields in their loadouts for group play. Prior to revamp, Mental and Gadget players had mitigation built into their AMs. Ice players could use Reflection. There are other examples. A lot of that is gone or less effective. Now, taking that into consideration, I could make a case for healers being slightly more effective; however, players could also run with Tanks who would draw aggro, CC and prevent a lot damage taken as well.
  20. Captain JackDaniels Well-Known Player

1 troll for both raids, In USR there were a few deaths in the ghost fight, and in JFA 1 death for the whole raid at the last boss. I don't think my power bar went below 50% in both raids, my weapon was brawling using WM.