The Power-hungry healers

Discussion in 'Testing Feedback' started by SparkmanX, Jul 30, 2017.

1. Shark Dental Devoted Player

One thing that helps is to apply the first two HoTs before the group enters combat (power regen is a lot stronger when out of combat). Of course, going with superpowered helps a lot there. After that, focus on refreshing. I add a third HoT when we get to bosses. Usually I do a couple of weapon combos in between powers to build up supercharge. Use your shields, refresh only, priority heal for emergencies, and you should be OK. DO NOT SPAM HEALS anymore. You don;t have to heal everyone to full all the time. Focus on the tank, (other healer if there is one) and troll at 100%. DPS are good at around 50% until you have more power.
  2. Derio 15000 Post Club

Actually going Hybrid is not a good way to go to maximize power generation. As if you go through the superpowered route as a healer you gain 3 benefits as compared to Hybrid.

1. You regenerate power while casting heals
    2. You regenerate power while blocking
    3. You regenerate power while moving
    4. You regenerate power while using a trinket
    5. You regenerate more power from using a soder cola due to soda colas power return being based of max power pool.

As opposed to hybrid where you regenerate power at a significantly slower rate while doing all of the above and really only generate power while using your weapon.

As a hybrid.

1. You do not generate a good amount of power while casting heals
    2. You do not generate a good amount of power while blocking
    3. You do not generate a good amount of power while using a trinket.
    4. Your power pool is lower than superpowered specialization healers, therefore the power restored from soder cola is lower.

The game says that Hybrid is best for support when in reality it is only best if the support role is using their weapon 90% of the time and only casting powers 1 every 15s.
    • Like x 3
  3. The_fair_1 Committed Player

Celestial is the least power hungry healer XD trust me I manage it fine but don't have enough power (all the time some trolls are good and others aren't)
  4. Kestral Committed Player

I switched to superpowered based on the advice above, have a full row of power in my generator, and 2 armor mods that are Res/power. I no longer have power issues when solo healing and have had to put 0 skill points into the useless might/power.
    Yes I still need to pop soders and a supply drop a bit more than normal before the skill revamp but other then that I can spam heals to my hearts content. Lesson learned; Hybrid is not recommended for roles.
    • Like x 2
  5. High Troller Loyal Player

Glad to know I'm screwing players over when i go troll! A few of my troll toons do not have DPS armories.
  6. FlawlessTime Dedicated Player

Okay Sounds very reasonable I will try this it's funny I was planing on trying this to lol.
  7. recoil Committed Player

part of it is what a healer actually DOES. they heal. now if you have 2 to 3 or even 4 or 5 sometimes even 6 dps with not a clue in their head your going to have a drained and over taxed healer. ever consider it's the stupidly suicidal dps at fault? part of a dps' role is SURVIVABILITY. doesn't matter how much damage you do as a dps in the time you're on the battle field if you die in the first 5 or even 3 minutes. for example i ran phantom zone as a 205 quantum troller, i kept the group reasonably well potted and used anomaly to keep the groups of 5 adds restrained. but one thing ruined the run: our dps constantly DIED. he was about 175 and was out dpsing me as a 205 in troller role but he DIED early in every boss fight and even outside boss fights. and the healer was not better. both the healer and the dps left me and the tank(cause we were the only players left in the boss battle) to kill the boss with two players and NO DPS or HEALER on every boss fight. funny thing is the dps called me an idiot at the end for not picking him up after every death. he wasn't worth picking up plain and simple. if you're gonna pick someone up two things you need 1. protection and 2. a gaurantee in the form of a good healer and tank that the player you just rezzed will live to be useful. some times it's the HEALERS fault, sometimes it's the DPS. or BOTH.
    • Like x 1
  8. Kestral Committed Player

Yeah i've had dps like that in runs. I start instructing my group to leave them down because they are wasting healing that could be used more effectively to keep the non-useless players up. This is why I've been trying to get a death tracker added to the scoreboard. 'It's really great that you got top dps by diving into every room first in front of the Tank to get a lot of AOE dmg, but if our other dps hadn't been having to pick you up all the time their dps output would have been much higher and the GROUP would have progressed much quicker and smoother through the instance.'
    • Like x 2
  9. recoil Committed Player

just ran the joker duo for riddled with crime and for some reason the dps and healers have started to think that cr just magically disappeared with the stats revamp. why do they think our progression is still tied to gear? if you're 8 cr points below the boss or adds you're gonna have a harder time surviving than some one at the same cr of the boss or higher.
  10. Plowed In Loyal Player

What happened? It sounds like you're projecting. Did they say that?
  11. recoil Committed Player

yep. they said it.
  12. recoil Committed Player

the biggest problem i'm noticing is 1. players running into content brand new to it with minimal protection from at level armor, and 2. poor power management. both can be somewhat remedied by a)running easier content within the new dlc until you can fight fist to fist with enemy npcs and b) speccing into the super powered tree and putting minimal(10-30) points into the power/might option in the weapons expert tree.
  13. Kestral Committed Player

I can't tell if they are joking when I've heard DPS say 'CR doesn't matter anymore'. I mean I assume so because obviously higher CR = Higher stats and thus they are probably either trying to be sarcastic or trolling, but damn if I don't think some people are actually that dumb. Silence was my answer in ROTB-E when that response came to me telling the group we didn't have a high enough group CR (we averaged 205) to survive second boss for more than a few seconds.
    • Like x 1