The Power-hungry healers

Discussion in 'Testing Feedback' started by SparkmanX, Jul 30, 2017.

1. kraptastic Well-Known Player

If you want to spam more heals loose the hybrid and resto. Go super powered for power back. Also the more power you have the more you can use. Most still don't understand diminished returns after 100sp placed in a tree. So go 100 in resto and then go might/power till 100. Give it a try...you might be surprised.
    Also do not worry about keeping people topped off. One shots are gone except for mechanics. Aim to keep them at 75% and let your hots fill em up slowly. The issue for sorcery is that you have to be on the mat for the hot so normally that's just for the tank and good dps who understand range and use the mat by standing on the edge of it. Try going outside the old sorcery box. Might be a hidden gem in there.
    • Like x 1
  2. Gam3r4Lif3 Dedicated Player

I ran oly as a solo celestial heal and it went really smoothly. The power costs do need a little tweaking but im getting better at managing power and its not too bad. Is it better to run as superpowered or hybrid?
  3. xXHeadlinerXx Dedicated Player

I agree with both of these points: despite the in-game advice from the tooltip I see very little reason for anyone to use the hybrid option on support, at least for troll and healer roles. Give up 5% resto for 25% regen? Unless you are sitting full power all the time, you take that deal. And getting the % power bonus (up to 10% at 100sp) from might/power is also very helpful because your regen is based off your power pool.
  4. FearsomeScarecrow Well-Known Player

There's so many factors that come into play... the most is... healers don't trust/don't have the stats.
    Other is controllers have lower power bar and healers powers cost more. But shouldn't be a problem. Maybe an adjustment but NOT a problem.

Part of prob is trolls try to keep up w/ spammers. DON'T! Let them learn their limits/stats and incorporate it into new mechanics of GU73. You supply what you can and not anything more. Because troll's job isn't just supply power but is CC and debuffing and primary rez person of group/raid.

If troll cannot solo raid, inv 2nd. Same with Healers. Know your and your group's limits and work around that knowledge in order to complete your objective.

The anthem for GU73 is/was "Stats Matter!" 90% of DCUO focused on the dps part of it BECAUSE 1) they're idiots 2)that's most of their roles, BUT stats matter to EVERYONE for EVERY role! Especially towards Healers/tanks, the lifeline of group/raid, and Controllers, everything else.

Idk ppl what doing during the year this GU was in development...smh
    • Like x 3
  5. Derio 15000 Post Club

Problem is there are so many factors that play into this playstyle. And on top of that content is poorly tuned in certain areas. IMO you have to use superpowered playstyle for sorcery and celestial due to their animations. And with celestial, you need that passive of extra power that the playstyle brings.

What I found most effective is just biting a bullet on restoration and putting 100SP into might and power and taking a resto cola to balance it out. However healers wont be adressed anytime soon simply because devs want people to buy power change tokens for water.
    • Like x 4
  6. Surtur Well-Known Player

I have not really had issues with power even when carrying groups of pew pew pew pew DPS's. I have been running mostly PffT & made sure that I had group shields.
    • Like x 1
  7. Aerith Rose Committed Player

Sadly this does not surprise me. Players ask, hey isn't this big gun kind of OP?. Maybe, but lets wait a year to fix it. DPS say, hey I need more power pool to spam powers. Sure, lets fix that ASAP. Support role says, hey I could also use a larger power pool to do my role. You should learn to manage your power! |--__--|
    • Like x 2
  8. Plowed In Loyal Player

Lol !!!
    "Pew pew pew dps's"
    I don't know if it was the long day at work or just your comment, but you literally made me spit coffee. Good work :)
    • Like x 2
  9. Aerith Rose Committed Player

So we got healers and controllers specing might power and play from tray all because restoration and vitalization do not include power. To top it off healer gear offers little restoration compared to dps gear.
    • Like x 3
  10. loupblanc Dedicated Player

As far as healing loadouts, for every powerset, if you have one power at 450 base power cost in your loadout, your power consumption will be higher.

In the case of Sorcery, if you have both Circle of Protection and Invocation of Renewal, you are going to be really really power hungry cos both are at 450 base power cost.
  11. Charmed Legacy Dedicated Player

Psssstttttttt you forgot that healer gear doesn't give dominance yet it makes up 25% of the base heals in the new formula.
    • Like x 1
  12. SparkmanX Committed Player

You're right about that. Just yesterday I was watching a video of a player demonstrating with several tests that, in the role of controller, it was better to invest in power / Might and not in vitalization. And from what I see, his observations are quite valid.

I understand that this is happening in Meta-game, but I think it's a big failure for devs not to have put power in the most important stats of the support roles. I say this because:

Imagine that you are a player interested in being a controller in DCUO, but you never go to this forum. When you see in your menu the options you have to be a controller, you will probably invest everything in vitalization and, if you have something left over, you will put it in dominance, right? You do it because it seems the most logical choice.

But, what happens? When you start to play with your character and you realize that he runs out of power quickly and you do not know why. The last thing you imagine is that you have to invest more in a stats that supposedly was put to dps.

What I do not like about this scenario is that to be efficient you really depend a lot on the discovery of certain players and that you are pending their publications. But the suggestions you get from the same game become inefficient for any player interested in learning to play a supportive role.
  13. sharpy36 Active Player

When I'm constantly having to throw out heals, then power can be rough as nature. But if the group is playing smart, blocking, following mechanics, and generally working together then I have no trouble with power at all. Healers have trouble carrying groups who want to spam dps now. But if people take a step back, slow down, and pay attention, then there's no problems with power. It's not a healer problem, or a troller problem. When playing with an experienced group I fly through all content without anybody having issues of power, or health. Being able to manage power helps with less experienced groups, but the real solution is the entire group getting more experience, not power/heals.

Obviously more power/heals makes the game easier though.
    • Like x 2
  14. oliver251274 Active Player

i'm also celestial healer and heal all the alerts without and troll. All runs are 3 Dps and PUG.
    Since revamp i have 2 healer loadouts
    1. pfft loadout: spec 90 sp into might and power, the rest in resto and few in dom.
    2.hybrid loadout i put 60 sp into weapon and most the rest in resto and few dom.

both works fine, but i missed a real skill which are doing damage from distance with the pfft loadout. Sinced they removed the damage from divine light there is no really ability to heal with damage from distance. And that in my opinion the main issue since the revamp.
    You have a significant loss of your "support" heals by damage.
    DLcPla: Plague..takes long
    MacBe: lol..damage reduced
    BlescDM: few ticks from DM
    BlcAd:Admonish...close damage
    CScWroPre: Wrath of presenc..close damage....
    wtf..

in hybrid style i use my weapon attacks to do damage and get enough power back.

Also i noticed that we get more aggro since the revamp and the burt heals are too weak. At boss fights mostely the adds attack the healer and follow us till we are dead. They ignore completely the dps or it takes too long that they get the aggro back.
    And this is the second problem for celestial healser, because we only have renew as really burst heal. Renew cost to much and is too weak.

btw...im playing celestial several since it came out, several years now...
  15. °RAGEZ° Active Player

2 options in my Sight. (As mentioned alread) go for Superpowered or take another Weapon. Brawling/MA Mastery gives poor Power back nowadays. I suggest to try HandBlast solar flame, that one is better now for playing classic Hybrid Troll.

And if that still doesnt work: Then i guess you have poor Healers with you who dont care about/ dont understand how much Power their loadouts require, but remember: You cant keep Healers up with Power if they burn the Power faster down then you can give it back. So... dont let yourself blame for that.
    • Like x 1
  16. Tilz Loyal Player

17. toast Well-Known Player

I think something is being overlooked, and that is with the new meta, POWER IS KING!!! Aside from crits, the only stat that has the most impact, benefits and is the only stat that really actually matters and that is Might/Power. The majority of my sp is placed in M/P, after maxing crits. The stat numbers you get from putting points into resto dom and vit are marginal at best. Only until you invest 80-100sp, do you see any significant increase in these numbers. However these numbers do not matter and are nothing but a tempting side dish. The only numbers that matter are given from your gear, stat mods and gen mods.

With my 138 tank I specced Super focused, points placed in crits, M/P with a whopping 5pts into dom ( for giggles), dom/power - dom/health VII-exp, 7.3 & 8.3 poewr, dom and might gen mods. With this build I have 2523 dom. this is by far more than enough dom to run content for mid to late 160's, well above my level. this is how I set my troll and heal and they both perform far better with this build than they do with thetraditional builds. This setup is also why tanks are out performing dps damage wise. Not only do they get the comfort of maxing damage crits & M/P but they also have the benefit of absurdly low power cost.

In order of importance after crits (which should be innate and affinity bonus), it goes M/P then dom and health. order of dom and health is relative to the user. For me, if I had M/P maxed I would split my remaining points 2:1 in favor of dom just for shielding and cc.
  18. Lucifercare New Player

I am currently a nature healer. I made this character 3 days ago and I am currently at 50 cr with not a lot of sp, until I buy badges to buy my feats that I did on my 190cr light dps (130sp) . Anyways, I run a hybrid spec with my loadout as (metabolism, Bloom, cross pollination, Flourish, Swarm Shield and Regeneration.)

After using metabolism and bloom my power bar is depleted (I am aware of my loadout and spec.) Should I switch out metabolism for savage growth and go superpower spec? Or just keep hybrid and switch out metabolism? I will not switch out bloom because on that are pretty strong.
  19. PSYL0CKE X8 Well-Known Player

The reason The Brawling Mastery Shuriken is not good to use any more is because with revamp the longer the weapon combo hits the more power you get back and more damage you do. This move is to short and quick so does not regen enough power back needed while you are quickly using power. When the game had Weapon mastery bonuses it was pretty good for support roles to use but it's not made for revamp. So it's not a good idea to rely on it to much and expecting a good power back from it.
    But healers do need to learn how to conserve power and use their weapons more now. And they should get the best stats they can get out of their gear, mods, SP, gen mods, ect..
  20. xXHeadlinerXx Dedicated Player

Also you only get power from the weapon part, not the mastery part. If you want to test power, turn the power parser on in your chat window in settings, press a whole bunch of heals to deplete your power bar (and by a "whole bunch" I pretty much mean "three or four" lol) then just do a weapon combo and watch the power parser.

You will quickly realize that weapon mastery is very worthless for regen.