The New SOE All Access Plan & FAQ

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by Mepps, Jan 24, 2014.

1. BumblingB I got better.

This is great response and I love it!

Though recent changes to DLCs has shown that they are no longer stand alone and do require a previous purchased DLC to fully utilize it. Where I understand in the game aspects, this is a necessity, it still irks me that a new player can't pick up a recent DLC and be able to benefit from it if they wanted to. Albeit slower, but be able to. The same goes for an older player that may have purchased earlier DLCs and decided to come back and spend on the recent content.
  2. Wickedwillow Well-Known Player

Really? You feel you are being "punished"....you certainly love to use strong words. You are not being punished, you simply do not get the same benefits as a subscriber. At any time if a subscriber decides to end their subscription they are then changed to premium and lose all of their perks. It's incentive to pay each month, otherwise nobody would subscribe, would they? Without steady revenue the game could not continue and then you would have to go find another game to complain isn't treating you fairly. If you do not want the "tremendous" value by paying for then what exactly are you complaining about? Get a calculator, do the math. If you subscribed it would have cost you far less. So don't blame anyone for the choices that you made.

Nobody said you were less valued. You are being overly dramatic. As Mepps said they value everyone, but they have to give incentives to subscribers. If everyone got the same benefits then why would anyone subscribe at all? I think you guys are just complaining for attention.
    • Like x 1
  3. Seismicfesr Dedicated Player

So PS players are getting the 10% off and thats it? If thats the case thats a bunch of crap. 70% of their paying members are on the PS side ( According to them) and we get left out in the dark, just like when PC would get all those Triple SC deals.
  4. NewAgeHLDPS New Player

DLC being the major items obviously, and replay badges for given reasons.

and I never said thinngs I buy give me a advantage.

I could even go as far as saying a respec power token: example

If I were electric and switched to HL, celestial, or rage Id have a advantage over most powers in dmg out/ability to burn adds faster as those are all prec based powers.

just few minor obvious examples, not my personal 1s due to never saying what your implying :)
  5. NewAgeHLDPS New Player

no its called wanting something done for premiums that spend more $ then what it takes just to get promoted to premium
  6. NewAgeHLDPS New Player

if this is true then why hasnt premium ppl gotten any justice since premium and F2P been added to the game?

here's a example, R&D plans REGULAR plans at the R&D vendor that premium cant even buy because its above 2000. thats BS that ppl NEED legendary JUST to buy type 1-4 plans off that vendor.

we should get enough $ to buy those plans at least, as it stands we are only $500 above free players hows that fair ?

and for some of us including myself I have 200 if not more in this game.
  7. Wickedwillow Well-Known Player

Premiums have benefits that free players do not....should they complain that they deserve the same benefits as you? It's the same thing. If they gave you the same benefits as a subscriber then the subscribers would complain that they were not getting enough for their membership and switch to premium. Then DCUO would have to give additional benefits to subscribers to keep them happy so they could still have revenue to keep the game going. Then you would probably complain that you wanted those new benefits too. I said it before. Subscribe or don't, that is your choice, but do not expect the same level of benefits that a subscriber gets. QUIT COMPLAINING.

What you want is a reward system based on how much you spend. How would that be fair? Then the people that do not have as much disposable income as you to spend over $200.00 on in-game items would feel like they were being mistreated. As a premium player it does not matter if you spend $5 or $500 you are still a premium player. What you choose to spend is your choice. You people complain about "pay to win", but what you are proposing is exactly that. More $ spent = more in-game advantages. Think of how bad the sense of elitism would be then.
    • Like x 2
  8. kbrick New Player

This is why (assuming you are same wicked willow in roleplayers) i enjoy being in your league.
    • Like x 1
  9. Roland Deschain New Player

nope
    we ask for a equal share among all the premium
    dlc are what makes the premium and defines it, premium is the player who decides how to access the content, renting it or pay upfront for it
    a premium player that is missing some dlc, not matter how shallow, not interesting and boring that dlc is, is missing a part of the game

putting every premium on the same ground means tie the cash cap increase to the fundamental part of being premium, wich is dlc
    this means that there is an actual upper cap on how much you can raise your cash cap and there is a lower cap (the 5$ no dlc player keeps the 2k limit)

if a premium wants to be competitive and enjoy the full game gets all the dlc and enjoys alle the perks, if they settle for a lower number they get a slight lower cash cap wich is a slight lower reward in turn
    • Like x 1
  10. Lantern Neuro New Player

I think Mepps said it best with his response on this thread when he basically said in essence...
    Everything was explained to you before you spent your money and you knew what you were getting when you signed up.
  11. Lantern Neuro New Player

Then given the current state of things and the reality of the situation, the premium player needs to...

A- Be prepared to buy a bunch of escrow tokens.
    Or
    B- Go legendary.

...Seriously man, it's like watching someone try to make something fall upwards. Stop complaining.
    • Like x 1
  12. Wickedwillow Well-Known Player

Unfortunately, I am not the same player, but thanks for the nice comment.

Simply stating the facts that if premium players decide to stop buying any new content it will affect the game, but it will continue. They still get to keep what they purchased and will never be less than premium. If subscribers decide to stop paying for the game every month then they would lose anything they did not purchase and be reverted to premium status. With no subscribers the game would eventually shut down. Nobody is more important than anyone else based on how much they spend. It seems like some premiums want special treatment because they feel they are better than other players because they spent more money. They do not seem to be interested in the longevity of the game. With that said, I have to stop commenting on this, because it's like talking to a wall. I'm gonna get an ulcer.
    • Like x 2
  13. Wickedwillow Well-Known Player

On a final note:

If there were no additional benefits to being a subscriber then there would be no need for subscriptions or membership tiers. Then DCUO would only have 2 options :

a.) the game would shut down

-or-

b.) everyone would be free-to-play and the game would have to rely exclusively on micro-transactions. No more free costume pieces or changing your color choices any time you want. Everything would have to have a price attached to keep the game going.

Is that what you want?

If you still want to argue with that logic then it is obvious that you are just complaining because you have nothing better to do and that absolutely nothing will appease you until you get your way just like a spoiled child.
    • Like x 3
  14. NewAgeHLDPS New Player

see obviously you havent read anything I've posted

I dont care about what legendary get's (replay badges, LP, ect ect)

and are you serious? legendary ppl always get a upgrade to their crap. ALWAYS.

and you go against your self, b/c IF there was a system that granted higher cash cap per DLC bought/more $ spent then it would make more ppl buy more DLC's and buy more, thus making SOE MORE $.

and as another poster said as premium they spent more $ as premium then they did as a legendary member.
  15. Harlequin Devoted Player

Examples, please. Restrict them to DCUO, too.
    • Like x 2
  16. NewAgeHLDPS New Player

how will making more $ not help the game live/last longer explain that?

even if say a handful of legendary dropped their sub and went premium, they would buy DLC's, replays, and when new powers came out respec tokens, all in which are basically FREE due to getting loyalty points each month as legendary.

so again in the end premium bring in more $ over the years span with buying more off the market place. IDC how you look at.

and for the developing team to not make a system for the ppl who have bought all DLC's to up their cash limit is just plan BS imo.

has been my main issue with this game from day 1, is premium only goes up 500 from FREE
  17. NewAgeHLDPS New Player

everyone has to pay $10, where as legendary has to only pay 100 MoL (for powergirl or whatever this new legends char is)

10% discounts in market place

2 that I found just on 1st page of announcements lol

given time and effort I could find more, but honestly I've been up since 3am and dont feel like going through pages just to prove a point to someone who it will just go in 1 ear and out the other anyways...
  18. Harlequin Devoted Player

Oh, my! After 3 years, they finally "upgraded" our Legendary benefits by rolling us into the All-Access plan. Yay, I can play PS2 or EQ instead of DCUO. :rolleyes: TBH, I love this since I plan on playing EQNext. In fact, I'm salivating for that game to come out.

I get to play 50 Legends matches per toon to unlock Supergirl on that toon. 1000SC will unlock her for my whole account. Seems like a wash.

Subbing now gets me a discount in the MP. Well, it's about time.

However, all of these upgrades to Legendary haven't even happened yet. You said "legendary ppl always get a upgrade to their crap. ALWAYS." Prove those words, please.

Tell you what. Since you want to moan and complain about how restricted Premium players are, why not compare the features of that "membership" level to another f2p convert, SWToR. Go play that for free and tell me that this game is restrictive. Spend a couple of bucks on their lottery boxes or leveling gear or lightsaber crystals to get to Preferred and then come back and tell me DCUO is restrictive. You guys have no idea how good you have it compared to other company's "benefits."

Quit QQing and sub if you want what we have.
    • Like x 2
  19. Lantern Neuro New Player

So did you not understand what you were signing up for when you parted ways with your cash and need some justification for what may have been a bad call on your part, or do you think you will change things by attacking other players of the game who have nothing to do with the business decisions made by SOE?

Either way man... not a good look.
  20. Wickedwillow Well-Known Player

So you don't want Legendary (Subscriber) benefits. You want your very own hand-tailored, catered exclusively to you set of benefits because you spent an amazing $200.00. Exactly how far do you think that $200.00 went to pay the salaries of DCUO employees and keep the game running? You think you deserve special treatment because you are better than people that only spent $5.00 to get premium status and subscriber's that are on money-saving membership plans. Entitled, spoiled, elitist and quite frankly starting to sound a lot like a capitalist too, but most of all delusional. I hate to be the one to break it to you but this game is NEVER going to revolve around you. This may be a game, but it is also a business and if SOE wants it to be a successful one then they have to try to please the masses and not just certain individuals. If there were no need for subscriptions then they would have to charge for everything....there would be no more "free" perks/benefits for anyone. Since not everyone is willing to -or- able to spend as much money as others then DCUO/SOE would in fact be making less money...not more.

I think you want everyone to lose their benefits and cancel their memberships. Then everyone that spends less than you will not have any benefits or be able to progress in the game. Eventually people will quit and then you can claim Metropolis/Gotham as the undisputed Ruler of the DC Universe.
    Will that make you happy?
    • Like x 2