The New Loot System has Ruined the Nexus Paradox Raids!!

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by RJTally31, Aug 30, 2013.

1. Redshirt New Player

just pretend the other seven players are loot-locked. you can't use the stuff that dropped, but that's what dropped and nobody else could roll.
    • Like x 8
  2. One Shot New Player

I was aware of the new system long before it became live, i think your missing the point, have you finished a nexus and pw with the new system yet? You will be happy when you do
  3. Redshirt New Player

another bonus is that you can now play your off-role as needed, without worrying about having to greed/pass on any main-role drops. :D
    • Like x 4
  4. Aqua Surge Loyal Player

On my first new loot run in Nexus, I got 87 dual wields and a exceptional kit from the final boss against Primal (mail) Ninja and Future. I'm glad but 87s are even good anymore I just made them healer role weapon since I have an 88 rifle. Still trying ti get the 88 Hand Blasters from Wave. Nexus needs loot updated to 88 to made their gear better. The necks in there got the update why not the rest?
  5. Zim New Player

They just need to up the drop rate for end bosses in raids. Like nexus for example should drop 2 pieces of something, plan and gear, gear and weapon, weapon and plan. Something than what it is now.
    • Like x 5
  6. Aqua Surge Loyal Player

Yep, I finally got the 85 healer face without asking a healer if they need that. lol
    • Like x 3
  7. Torikumu 10000 Post Club

Nice to hear some positive things being said about the new loot system based on actual hands on experience rather than the same bigots coming on spouting their hatred.

We will all experience terrible drops and we will all experience amazing drops on the new system. Just exactly as we have done in the past on the old system. The difference now is that when something good drops that we need, we become the owner of it instantly and have no chance of losing it to the other players in our instances.

To the developers: Make sure Tier 6 armor is the best armor in the game, not gear which drops in any T6 raids. Perhaps even try salvaging T5 by creating Level 90 gear and making it purchasable through Marks earned by completing the new raids you will be producing for DLC9. Then nobody can complain they're getting screwed by the system and enjoy all the benefits it now brings.
    • Like x 3
  8. Sore Steadfast Player

Once the die is cast, the new future is set. We're in that new future. THere's pretty much no way they're going to back out at this point. Think of it this way, it's the same for everybody. If the game started this way, you'd never know there was a different option. You'd just live with it. You might as well do that now. Otherwise you can talk until you're blue in the face and this still isn't going to change. It's not really a dealbreaker for anything.
    • Like x 4
  9. crownclownking New Player

i think you missed the whole
    part i wrote. I havent tried the raids with the new loot but i did do the t5 op and i got troller hands which are useless to me and could have benefited the troll in the group considering he had a low tick. The way the loot is distributed not necessarily the problem is the low drop rate but at this point it doesnt matter now.
  10. One Shot New Player

omg you got the cheek you answer me and you haven't even run nex/pw lool pls just shut up
  11. One Shot New Player

nexus loot doesn't need an upgrade, its a faceroll compared to pw and pw isn't that hard anyway, but of course you can make it hard by leaving tunnels open which is kind of the whole point, it will always be challenging, nexus just gets easier...
  12. Kristyana New Player

Oh, poor babies can't glitch Paradox to make it drop four times the loot anymore? /s

In this system, you roll against the loot table. That's IT.

In the old system, you'd roll against the loot table for two or three drops and then you'd have to roll against the other people in the group that could use the gear. People forget that first part, especially when something drops in the old system they could roll on. The gear would have to drop in the first place.

It does suck if people are trying to gear out a specific style or grind out the last pieces of a certain set because there's no agreement that can be made with the group ahead of time for calling certain pieces. That's the only complaint with it.

But if you put that aside, overall this system is far superior to the old one.
    • Like x 5
  13. One Shot New Player

you know those cr 100/101 guys are crying away... lol :) i bet they are struggling to finish a side boss now lol
  14. Gwalir Loyal Player

While it's true the Controller who ran with you would have benefited from your Controller hands, under the old system they may not have dropped. After all, only one person's loot would have dropped under the old system, meaning those Controller hands would probably never have appeared at all.
    • Like x 3
  15. Kristyana New Player

You do know there's other content in the game that now uses this system and not just the raids, right?
  16. One Shot New Player

only the MoR loot systems use it, but it was mainly made just for those two raids since they were the main problem of which endless threads were created..
  17. Yeah that Eddie Committed Player

I think what it comes down to is this.......

Some of us on here invest waaaaay to much time, and emotions on this game. GAME.

"An activity engaged in for diversion or amusement" - Merriam-Webster Dictionary
  18. Clip New Player

My problem with it is that deadmeat announced it simply false!
    So i was really happy when i read the first time he announced it that every player get the whole loot as a individual what droppped for a group before that update. But like crafty explained its different! So next time they change something they should inform the whole development team about the new features and changes so they dont give out wrong informations.
  19. One Shot New Player

If you had kept up with the devs on the TS, you would know everything you need to know, they aren't gonna shine your shoes for you pal..
  20. jpharrah1010 Steadfast Player

THIS!....

you dont know how many times ive almost salvaged my fos1 trinket when id get my portable r&d station out and start salvaging my trash drops....

now that i purchased my dlc8 trinket thats no longer an issue and im greatful for it... its a horrible idea to make the best gear in the game a drop....you should have ot actually "earn" it rather then get lucky....
    • Like x 1