The Flash

Discussion in 'Joker’s Funhouse (Off Topic)' started by ACW37162, Oct 7, 2014.

1. dngnb8 Devoted Player

My - - nearly popped out when I saw her in that dress.
  2. Burnt New Player

I loved the episode except for the end. I don't like how cap cold was able to just walk away.
  3. Mont New Player

Can't kill them all, and he had to give heat gun to "heatwave"
    • Like x 2
  4. Burnt New Player

Yeah, I get it but sill...
    stoked to see heatwave :)
  5. dngnb8 Devoted Player

Who the hell cares about the ending!

DID YOU SEE HER IN THAT DRESS!!!!!!
    • Like x 3
  6. SuperSoldier Devoted Player

I thought the Batman/Hades connection was the most clever... Lord of the underworld (shadows/Gotham) and the pitchfork (bat ears). The Superman as Zeus is just the them being the most powerful among them but the lightning bolt can also be a "S". I think the Wonder Woman/Hera connection is the weakest, similar to the Superman/Zeus connection... Hera's just the most powerful Goddess. It's just this "statue" with a tiara but the Mercury's helmet makes it look like she's holding scales. That's cool whether intentional or not.

[IMG]
  7. Burnt New Player

Yes, yes indeed I did :)
  8. John Brawler Committed Player

the justice league is often compared to the greek pantheon because of the following.

flash as mercury makes more sense then just a stretch as mercury/hermes is the messenger of the gods and god of speed and his appearance inspired jay's costume hence the helmet and the winged tips on barry and wally's boots in the comics which the original version of barry's suit was made based off of jay's outfit.

superman is compared to zues because both are the most powerful, and just as zues is king of the gods superman is more often then not the acting leader of the league and zues is also the god of the sky, which superman being the best flyer and most powerful overall has air superiority.

batman is to hades because both live in the darkness and cause fear to those that know of their coming, and both viciously punish those that wrong others, also because secretly hades hates and plots against the other gods in most media and some legends, while batman while having good intentions secretly distrusts and makes plans to kill the other league members.

wonder woman as hera as she is the queen of the gods often considered second in power to zues himself, she loves her children and is the patron goddess of the amazons, but her wrath is vicious and unstoppable much like the anger of diana herself, who is more often then not second only to superman in power, but protective of her allies and amazonian sisters.

green lantern to hephaestus as he is the god of smithing capable of forging weapons and armor the likes of which can't be imagined by the likes of man, even supposedly forging zues' lightning in some variations, just like how the green lantern can use his ring to create any weapon, shield, or object he desires simply by imagining it and willing it to be.
  9. dngnb8 Devoted Player

I disagree with your wording. Batman distrusts everyone because he knows absolute power corrupts absolutely. He doesn't plan on killing other league members, he does make it his business to know the weakness of each and takes measures to make sure that person does not become unbeatable. Thus, he carries kryptonite et al.

Batman makes sure nobody ever becomes unbeatable. He is forever the fulcrum that maintains the balance., and the League knows this.
  10. Drifting Dreamer Steadfast Player

Right, I understand how they can be explained to represent what they do.
    So, based on the above I could say that that isn't the Justice League, rather it is the Avengers.
    See:
    Thor is Zuse (which is far more reasonable than Supes) because they are both the sons of the chief gods in their pantheons. Both are gods of thunder and sky. Both weild weapons which give them their powers, weapons forged by someone else.
    Iron Man is Haphestus because he's the inventor of the group, the one who's power is to make stuff.
    Black Widow is Hera cause she's a lady and the scales represent justice showing her connection to SHIELD.
    Hawkeye is Apollo cause of the bow and all.
    Hulk is Hades because he's normally a smart and well respected member of the pantheon until you tick him off. Then he goes all crazy and starts wars and kidnaps goddesses.
    Cap is Hermes because he's the voice of the group. He is the one who speaks up and speaks and is the public face. Also, while Hermes had almost none of the raw power of the other gods, his use of his speed and other physical abilities earned him the respect of every god as a warrior.

Now, I'd have to super stretch for Posiden so I'm not gonna.

Now, I'm honestly not trying to troll here, though i am doing a spectacular job at it. The point is, there is honestly 0 way to make the comparisons we are. Other than 'hey look trident' and 'hey look bow' there really isn't much here besides an awesome looking mural of a random assortment of Greek Gods. To call this a cookie or easter egg just isn't right, we should call it more like raw dough or a baby chicken. IE - 'its gonna take some time to get there, hold on'
  11. Scarlet Mysty Loyal Player

I haven't bothered to read back too far so I apologise if this has already been said, but the idea of them representing the greek gods is being taken out of context. I don't think there was ever a specific mention of which Gods they represent. The way I have always understood it was that the Justice league (and other DC heroes) were meant to be Gods among men. As opposed to X-men and other Marvel heroes, where the idea was more to do with normal people dealing with there powers in much more relatable way. That isn't to say DC isn't relatable, just that the stories represent different things.
  12. dngnb8 Devoted Player

13. dngnb8 Devoted Player

SSSSSSSSSSSSSSssssssssmoakin'!!!!!
    [IMG]
  14. John Brawler Committed Player

hate to break down your respect for batman, but other then blinding kyle almost all of his plans to deal with the other league members would have been fatal if he didn't tell them exactly what was happening superman would have exploded from absorbing too much solar energy, wonder woman would have gone through cardiac arrest fighting an enemy that didn't exist, martian manhunter would have gone through a psychotic episode and due to how strongly a martian's mental and physical condition are linked this alone could cause his control over his body to wane until it breaks down, flash would be trapped vibrating his molecules until he either wore down and couldn't anymore or just quit and be killed by the bullet used on him, and aquaman would have died from dehydration, but notice one thing about these plans? the only way to stop them is to know about them ahead of time, in other words, if batman wanted to put these plans into motion against them just because there would be no stopping it, if he's about making sure no one is unbeatable then why is it that until new 52 he never gave anyone something that could end him regaurdless? because unless he has the control it's too dangerous.

batman is an antihero, but he's also potentially the worst villain dc has ever seen.
  15. KidMidnight Loyal Player

grant morrison used the greek pantheon analogy when he started work on JLA, most of dcs most popular heroes have some sort of literary fictional counterpart in that these ideas and what we would like to be able to do always existed and the super heroes we see now are really just extensions of those ideas.

The show is fun. I didnt want to like the actor who plays the Flash but he won me over. He does a great silver age barry Allen.
  16. DarkVisor 15000 Post Club

If you read the 3 TPBs of Deadpool trying to kill, well, everyone, you would know that Aquadork's literary progenitor is... The Little Mermaid!!! (well, in the books it was Namor, but they are the same in most senses so, yeah, Aquadork is a male Little Mermaid :p )
  17. DarkVisor 15000 Post Club

Wait, didn't that scene happen at night? Or, at least, not in broad daylight o_O
  18. Mont New Player

Could b a off camera pic
  19. VictoryMC98 Dedicated Player

Is it me, or does this show just go by in a Flash every week? I like it, watch it.. but it seems just as the show starts.. It's over in a Flash!
  20. Drifting Dreamer Steadfast Player

It was a goof in the show. When Felicity comes inside its night out, when they exit its night out, when they camera switches to that show, its day time ... very odd for them to miss that.