The Cutting Edge Gadgets Guide

Discussion in 'Oracle’s Database (Guides)' started by Penryn, Jul 24, 2017.

1. HankDP26 Well-Known Player

Exactly, I experimented a lot with implosion mine, and only used it for raids with league runs, because doing it with randoms its not ideal. How much dominance overall do you think will be necessary for the pulling effect? I have like 100 sp "leftover" which I use for health, might use it better for dom as implosion and its pull its an essencial part of my loadout.
  2. Terri Ashra Committed Player

Stupid question but do you guys keep spare gear for in combat switching too? Someone noticed that I switch during my channel moves cause they were angry about thier place on the scoreboard.

I mean like your trinkets, a piece with the extended supercharge mod equipped for when you use your supercharge, buff sodas and that kinda thing?
  3. Penryn The Gadgeteer

I don't keep spare gear on hand. It is enough just to keep some extra tactical mods on hand and swap in whatever the situation requires.

I have a large inventory of trinkets/consumables and swap them around based on the situation.
  4. Penryn The Gadgeteer

I tried running some T8 duos on Test in a full set of Damage role gear. 119 Dominance was enough to inflict status effects and Implosion Mine's pull.
    • Like x 1
  5. Terri Ashra Committed Player

Ok so I'm probably one of the few who does active switching still then. I figured with all the artifacts itd be more popular than before but then again it's just a niche thing

You know how I said I'd start over with a new character. Just so you know it took me around 67 restarts to farm my jokers jetpack when I hit level 6. Now onto the main game xD
  6. Penryn The Gadgeteer

GU 92 is scheduled to be released tomorrow. I'm updating the notes sections for several powers to incorporate the upcoming changes.
  7. Ryazan Dedicated Player

No longer I'll be able to encase all my enemies in ice. And my multi target loadout won't be as good in alerts unless there's a tank. :(
  8. HankDP26 Well-Known Player

How many sp do you have? Cause If you fill might amd then put the rest into dom instead of health or prec, I think the encasement and the implosion mine pull will work just fine
  9. Ryazan Dedicated Player

I currently have 397 sp. Going full might and then putting the rest into dominance allows me to get a total of ~4400 in said stat, clearly well bellow the ~7800 recommended for Atlantis.
  10. Terri Ashra Committed Player

Any news on the implosion mine stealth bug?
  11. Penryn The Gadgeteer

Beyond "being investigated," there hasn't been any news.
    • Like x 1
  12. Terri Ashra Committed Player

Here's hoping they get it fixed soon. I miss having my full rotation lol

Also I have no idea how people can play gadgets with superpower focus. They need to up the recharge rate to 50 or more cause that's practically useless

The update also changed a number of powers that get extra damage ticks from stealth. Basically just use EMP or surprise attack for sure now
  13. Penryn The Gadgeteer

I noticed PCTest was unexpectedly available today. In whatever build is currently available on Test, Implosion Mine isn't pulling me out of Stealth. Also, it seems to be ignoring Dom check again. Battle Drone is still at 30 seconds in this build, so I don't think it is a previous Test Server build.
  14. Terri Ashra Committed Player

Confirmed here
    https://forums.daybreakgames.com/dcuo/index.php?threads/server-hotfix-march-4-2019.301084/

That's awesome. The time away from my rotation has been seriously frustrating but also productive. I can now pretty much just solo alerts and everything without taking any damage just because I decided to go precision. I'm almost up to level 200 cr and I'm like this is sooo easy. Got my wrist dispenser and am leveling it up but not in a rush. Superpower focus is just so trash imho. I think the absolute best artifact so far is dead kings septer simply by using the sidekick and a pet(would be better with the tank channeler) you can just do precision dps and almost never take a hit. I decided I'm going to run manacles, wrist dispenser and dead kings septer for everything so I may not have the most damage output but I have pretty much no time where I'm getting hit as long as i have robot sidekick

My hybrid loadout on the other hand is built around power recovery and burst damage where I can pretty much wipe out adds like nothing as long as we have a tank
  15. Terri Ashra Committed Player

Can you test this out if you're testing? I can't until monday

Gadgets full precision augments, full dps gear, venom wrist dispenser, grimoire and claws of alkhund.

When in controller and dps role check to see the precision after using defibrillators and battle display and the effects. Then just run a raid like that and see how it preforms
  16. Penryn The Gadgeteer

Gadgets Notes for Justice League Dark
    Some instance specific notes related to Gadgets:

Pub Crawl (Duo) - A good shield like Neural Neutralizer is recommended for the final fight. You'll understand why if you get a difficult partner. Also, don't try to use Suppressor Turret or Robot Sidekick in the final fight. The final fight has a mechanic that requires a form change that automatically blows up your pet.

Darkness Rising (4 man operation) - Holographic Decoy's usefulness varies in this operation. For the Black Room, it works very well and can be useful in performing certain feats. For the first and second boss fights, Decoy is primarily useful for its damage mitigation and not its taunting. The first boss is programmed to target players specifically and will ignore Decoy. The boss's minions will target the Decoy sometimes though. In the final fight, it seemed like the boss was often completely ignoring Holographic Decoy. I'd also recommend taking a good shielding power for this operation.

Shattered Gotham (8 Player Raid) - If you plan on using Stealth, bring the Improved Stealth mod along. The raid features a persistent DoT mechanic that will knock you out of Stealth form unless you are using a shield to mitigate the damage. Unrelated to Gadgets, if the platform jumping is proving tricky, try using Flight's Swoop Attack. It is very useful for crossing some of the trickier jumps.
  17. Penryn The Gadgeteer

Gadgets Related Notes for the New Artifacts

Grimorium Verum
    The Pet Artifact. After you enter combat and launch your first attack, a pet will spawn to aid you in combat. The pet disappears after combat ends. The general idea of the pet is that it inflicts a powerset-specific Power Interaction on groups of NPCs every few seconds at higher levels. For Gadgets, the Grimorium Verum sets up the Dazed power interaction. This is useful for setting up Gauss Grenade, Thermite Mine, Vortex Cannon, and Taser Pull. I found the pet worked best in prolonged long-ranged fights. For solo and duo content, it takes too long for the pet to spawn. I often found myself casting my 5th or 6th power before it had setup a power interaction. It also does low single-target damage. Is it useful for Gadgets players? I'm undecided. In the best case, it replaces a low-damaging power interaction setup ability with something that hits harder. In reality, it usually only provided a very modest boost to my DPS parsing. Trying to use Vortex Cannon in a rotation was usually a DPS loss for me.

Mystic Symbol of the Seven
    The Tank Artifact. When you are being damaged, you receive increased Defense (scales with damage sources) and small healing ticks. There is also a general overall boost to healing received. It is an amazing Artifact to use on mob groups that inflict small amounts of damage. I also found it to be useful for a Gadgets tanking build. In the case of a general DPS though, I found it somewhat lacking for large group content. In order to receive the most valuable buffs, you need incoming damage from multiple sources. For Damage role in large group content, you generally don't get hit that much. The stuff that does hit you generally causes a lot of damage which won't be mitigated by the Mystic Symbol of the Seven. If you do use Mystic Symbol of the Seven, I recommend pairing it with Neural Neutralizer. You'll still receive healing ticks and the Defense buff while the shield is active. Using Mystic Symbol of the Seven with Holographic Decoy is problematic. You won't receive the Defense buff or healing ticks if your pet is being attacked.

Philosopher's Stone
    The Supply Drop Artifact. It replaces the Power Heal from Supply Drop with a period of Free Casting. That means powers cost 0 Power to use while the buff is in effect. The Stone also doubles the effective size of the Supply drop. At higher levels, any powers that summoner uses while inside the Supply Drop will decrease Supply Drop's cooldown time. This Artifact works well when paired with Dead King's Scepter. As for the utility of the Artifact, I found it difficult to use. You can achieve impressive cooldown reductions if you are using a max-clip build. A max-clip build isn't particularly great at dealing damage though. It is debatable as to whether free casting is more useful than receiving a large Power healing tick.

Claw of Aelkhünd
    The Controller Artifact. This Artifact removes the Group Power Healing capability from Defibrillator. That means you don't have a power dump anymore. In exchange, you receive the following bonuses when using Defibrillator:
    • Group Weapon Buff (20% Precision and 20% Weapon Damage) is applied to all players
    • 7% Might/Restoration/Dominance Buff is applied to all players
    • 20% increase to the caster's Power over Time
    • 3% Vitalization Boost for each group member
    • Caster received an improved passive power regeneration rate
    These buffs last for 12 seconds after casting Defibrillator in Controller role. The buff will not be applied when casting Defibrillator from Damage role or Stealth form.

As I understand it, this Artifact is the first in a set of Artifacts that will help promote the role of the Controller being a stat buffer.

Taken on its own in the current Meta, you have to be opportunistic about using this Artifact. For solo Controller situations, the biggest downside of this Artifact is that you lose your ability to provide emergency power to your Healer. Instead, you have to rely on Supply Drop and Battle Drone. I found the Artifact worked best on teams that had low or steady Power consumption. I found I often had to swap this Artifact out during difficult situations because the team could make better use of the Power Heal over a general Group Stat buff. The Claw artifact should be easier to use in a dual-Controller situation.

The Claw works best for a high organized group. Attempting to use it in a random group may lead to several complaints about lack of Power.

As for having snergy with other Controller Artifacts, I found the Claw to be inconsistent. The group Vitalizaton buff worked with Power Harness. The only issue being that you needed a full raid group to see an appreciable difference. As for the Entwined Rings of Azar, the Claw appears to be bugged. I often have to reslot the Claw when zoning to see larger Health bonuses.
    • Like x 3
  18. Xibo Loyal Player

I have noticed that when you use Supressor Turret, you need to deactivate it to use the Void Gazer and once the Void Gazer is there so you active the Supressor Turret.

Intended?
  19. Penryn The Gadgeteer

20. Mr. Awesome Well-Known Player

Hey guys. I haven't played Gadgets in years. Just got on my gadgets toon and noticed in the tool tip that our pet the sentry turret actually decreases our passive power regen(I was like WTF when did this happen!?!?!). does that mean it isn't viable on a troll loadout anymore?

Is Robot Sidekick + Sentry turret not long possible or viable as a troll?