The Cutting Edge Gadgets Guide

Discussion in 'Oracle’s Database (Guides)' started by Penryn, Jul 24, 2017.

1. Mr. Awesome Well-Known Player

also I haven't DPS'd Gadgets since Advance Mechanics where we all used Battle Display. Has anything changed since then in regards to battle display
  2. Xibo Loyal Player

It's a precision buff now.

Also, I'd like to know about Suppressor Turret if it has been bugged after the last update. Thanks!
  3. Mr. Awesome Well-Known Player

Also just noticed that Battle Drone has been changed to be more similar to other Troll Supercharges. This displeases me greatly. I loved how back in the day it lasted a long time with lowish ticks of power and could be summoned constantly. It was more so a power maintenance super charge. Now it's just like every other troll high stress scenario supercharge.

My disappointment is immeasurable and my day is ruined.
    • Like x 1
  4. Schimaera Devoted Player

Though I can see where you're coming from, your signature pretty much sums up every answer the devs could give you.

Long story short, you can't please everyone. With the revamp they decided to give all trol powers a group shielding effect. Let's face it, without the group shielding, you basically would not need a controller in good groups at all. Even wtih might dps you don't.
    • Like x 2
  5. Penryn The Gadgeteer

Sentry Turret hasn't been available in the game for a long time. All of the Turrets (Sentry, Warden, Suppressor) were combined into a single Suppressor Turret ability a few years ago.

You can't run Turret + Robot Sidekick at the same time. You're only allowed to have one of them out. If you have Turret out and summon Robot Sidekick, Turret will blow up.

You can use Suppressor Turret as a Controller. You just have to make allowances for the decrease in your passive power regeneration. Maybe that means taking debuffs that have lower base power costs.

I wouldn't recommend using Turret on a pure Controller loadout. There are much better and useful abilities that you can slot. Turret is one of those things you slot to fill out a loadout bar.
    • Like x 1
  6. Caesar's Lion Dedicated Player

Penryn, I know you've been testing SM.

With as far as you've managed to get thus far, would you have any recommendations regarding loadouts? I know any response would be fluid as you progress through the rounds.

I don't have a pc so can't test unfortunately.

I pretty much have 3 dps loadouts for gadgets. A melee AoE, max range AoE & a single target loadout.

They all do reasonably well in the circumstances for which they're intended, but I tend to not do so great when it's say a boss fight with sporadic waves of adds. I've taken to losing surpressor turret & adding amplified heat vision on my melee AoE loadout to use when the situation dictates for that reason.

I only played SM during AM era, therefore it was a case of switching PI's between close range & max range, & then switching EMP for PD. I did find switching armouries could be a bit buggy though going from adds to boss with the whole still in combat thing.

I'm also not sure how it's gonna play out with this being a 4 man & previous SM being an 8 man. For instance, is surprise attack viable in boss fights or should I be at max range?
  7. Penryn The Gadgeteer

Here is how the content is organized
    30 rounds
    1 round consists of 3 waves
    Waves 1 and 2 each have 3 mobs
    Wave 3 consists solely of a boss. The only boss I've seen with adds is Vampire Lord and his Shadow Monsters.
    Enemy CR increases after each round.
    Round 1 starts at CR 299. I believe round 30 should be above CR 400.
    The mobs and bosses for Rounds 1 - 10 have a fixed order. The sequence starts repeating at Round 11 AND 21.

For the Johnny Quick and Ultimate Soldier rounds, you'll be spending a decent amount of time fighting at max distance.

The content is currently playing out as a Dual Wield Flurry Shot spam fest. The boss fights are always single-target situations and erratic wave 1/2 mob movements can make AoE challenging.

Neural Neutralizer is a good power to have on your loadout. There are certain bosses where you want to keep a shield up as much as possible. Decoy is also very handy in case your tank gets KOed.

I'm still debating about what is the best Controller build to use for the content. The Controller role isn't strictly necessary until the later rounds where debuffs are necessary to help keep your tank(s) alive. The bosses and mobs will blow up your group shield in one hit in later rounds.
    • Like x 1
  8. Caesar's Lion Dedicated Player

Thanks very much Penryn.

As I feared unfortunately re DW flurry shot. My expectations are therefore limited as I'm disinclined to go prec specifically for this, especially given the cost involved for artifacts/augments.

Loudout wise then, for the boss fights I'm thinking going with my usual stealth, taser pull, zip tie attack (I think that's the name, not on PS right now), amplified heat vision, NN (which I would use for elite anyway) & supercharge. I might lose stealth for the 2 max range bosses you mention above & put decoy directly in my bar.

Does this sound about the most efficient loadout I could be going with or is there something I might have missed which could make a significant difference? Also, is there sufficient time to jump cancel heat vision & block on skulls before attack is executed?
  9. Penryn The Gadgeteer

Your normal single-target Might loadout should be ok for most situations. Just be mindful it maybe difficult getting into PUG groups if you aren't a Precision DPS. Every group I see advertising on Test right now is only wanting Precision DPS. Even the Precision DPS are wanting the controller/healer to be specced for Dual Wield Flurry Shot. The lack of viable alternative weapon combos is making the situation feel ridiculous at the moment.

The main issue you might run into with Amplified Solar Vision is your lack of mobility. Some of the bosses including Baron Von Savage, King Shark, Johnny Quick, and Ultraman will teleport/jump to a random group member. So you have to be ready to move when you see the appropriate tell.
    • Like x 1
  10. Caesar's Lion Dedicated Player

Thanks again Penryn.

Fortunately I'm in 1 of the most active Leagues on EU server & a lot of people seem interested in this Survival Mode, so hopefully finding a group shouldn't be too hard. I just don't want to be holding others back when I'm in there.
  11. Penryn The Gadgeteer

As long as your group has some experience with the elite versions of the bosses, I think you'll do just fine.

On the subject of playing Controller role in Survival Mode, I tested a Precision-heavy Dual-Wield Superpowered Controller build. For my loadout, I used Stasis Field, Paralyzing Dart, Battle Display, Neural Neutralizer, Def, and Battle Drone. For my pet trinket, I tried using the Seahorse and Shadow Bat trinkets. When we came to a battle that required a healing debuff, I swapped Battle Display with Cryo-Foam. That build did result in a dramatic damage output increase. I can't say it was very fun to play though.
  12. Schimaera Devoted Player

Well it depends on how the Survival Mode changes.

Just taking the first ten rounds into consideration for the following:

If the roleless buff remains there, there won't be many groups with might dps, since you could easily just run 2-1-1 without a controller. If you do, might dps won't always have the best chances. The strongest ST rotations amongst all powers are quite power heavy and won't stand long without a controller in the group. Prec DPS won't have any issues with it though.

If the roleless buff is removed, might dps is just fine, though it's less mobile most of the times with dovetails and everything.

For higher rounds, a dps who has a tank power seems to be more interesting since you usually just go into no-dps runs to complete the higher rounds (or you used to).
  13. Penryn The Gadgeteer

I'm going to assume the role buff is going to be removed.

You will still need two tanks to complete the highest rounds in this Survival Mode. You eventually reach a point where a couple of adds from Waves 1 and 2 will effortlessly tear a solo tank apart. When that situation comes up, the Controller might end up being the member of the team with the highest damage output.

My current thinking on the Controller role in Titans Survival Mode is as follows:
    -Spec for max damage
    -Make sure you still meet the dom requirement to inflict stuns

Holographic Decoy has worked really well in Titans Survival mode for those "uh oh" moments.
  14. Schimaera Devoted Player

Valid point. So far, I rarely had any issues as a dps in trol role using the Claw of Aelkhünd. It might be the 4man SM meta. In the long run, it seems pretty interesting.
  15. LONEKNIGHT New Player

What's A Good Might Loadout For Gadgets
  16. Penryn The Gadgeteer

A few questions:
    Are you looking for something specific (single-target, melee AoE, Ranged AoE) or an all-purpose loadout?
    What is your movement mode (flight, acrobatics, superspeed)?
    What artifacts have you leveled up?
  17. LONEKNIGHT New Player

Thanks for replying looking for a all purpose Loadout I'm acrobatics don't have any artifacts leveled except the soda one
  18. Penryn The Gadgeteer

Caesar's Lion and I did some theory-crafting on this ranged all-purpose Acrobatics build:
    https://forums.daybreakgames.com/dc...dge-gadgets-guide.288758/page-16#post-4116838

It allows you to switch between ranged AoE and ranged single-target fairly easily.

Just be warned that your damage output won't be "top tier." Generally when you play Might Gadgets, you want to have separate armories for single-target and melee AoE.
    • Like x 1
  19. LONEKNIGHT New Player

Thanks I'll definitely be checking it out as of right now only have one armory but will be getting more soon
  20. TheDark Devoted Player

Late again like last year...

Salutations and Congratulations for sticking around for 2 years now!

[IMG]
    • Like x 5