The Anime Thread

Discussion in 'Joker’s Funhouse (Off Topic)' started by Free2BeMe, Jul 21, 2014.

1. >>>KIra<<< Dedicated Player

I still have the last episode of flcl progression and about 6 episodes of franxx. I have been enjoying them very much
    • Like x 1
  2. willflynne 10000 Post Club

Cool deal, and congrats, your post pushed us to 100 pages! Almost makes me wish I had a prize of some kind to give out. LOL
    • Like x 1
  3. Arwen Skywalker Loyal Player

The animation of this show is just coolbeans fooly cooly... Def a must-watch for badminton enthusiasts...
    [IMG]
    • Like x 1
  4. willflynne 10000 Post Club

Wow! If they can keep up that level of animation through the whole run of the show it'd be worth watching even if someone wasn't a badminton enthusiast.
  5. aurorabenz07 Loyal Player

I don't know but for some reason, I just happen to come across the anime Danshi Koukousei no Nichijou aka Daily lives if High School Boys and I have to say it had me dying. I highly recommend it :p
    [IMG]
  6. willflynne 10000 Post Club

Two decent options for comedies that I've found so far this summer season: Chio's School Road and Asobi Asobase -workshop of fun-

Chio's School Road is the easier of the two to explain (Chio tries to get to school and has to deal with various obstacles every morning). Asobi Asobase, on the other hand, just kind of needs to be seen. :confused: I've gotten some good laughs out of both so far, though. :D
    • Like x 1
  7. myandria Item Storage

I took advantage of Amazon's Prime Day and got some good deals:

Trigun: The Complete Series (DVD) $16.74
    FLCL: The Complete Series (DVD) $18.64
    Avatar the Airbender Complete Series (DVD) $16.99
    • Like x 3
  8. Bendmetal Dedicated Player

So I was watching the dub of Super, I just realized that Lex Luthor is Zamasu
    • Like x 1
  9. DCUO Post Loyal Player

• Like x 1
  10. DCUO Post Loyal Player

Thought this was cute with the voice actors.

11. DCUO Post Loyal Player

• Like x 1
  12. willflynne 10000 Post Club

Cool beans, Funimation's announced Recovery of an MMO Junkie for an October home video release!

On top of that they're also going to be releasing Witch Hunter Robin (or maybe re-releasing it? dunno) on DVD about a week before Halloween. Seems appropriate. :)
    • Like x 3
  13. aurorabenz07 Loyal Player

:p Recovery of an MMO Junkie made me laugh and thoroughly enjoyed it. I recommend it
    • Like x 1
  14. >>>KIra<<< Dedicated Player

Has anyone been watching Angel of Death? I have seen the 1st 3 episodes and I am really liking it
  15. willflynne 10000 Post Club

It's a release that I hope they can get the voice actors together for some episode commentary. Beyond being a geek for that kind of thing, I'd just love to hear the actors' thoughts on their characters and the story that was told.
  16. willflynne 10000 Post Club

Man, I feel bad sometimes because the shows you like or are watching tend to be ones I don't have much interest in. :oops:

For me so far this summer, beyond Asobi Asobase and Chio's School Road (dub version of Chio just started and while I don't recognize Chio's voice actor offhand, she nailed the role) I'm watching:
    • ISLAND
    • How Not to Summon a Demon Lord
    • The Master of Ragnarok & Blesser of Einherjar
    • Planet With
    • Yuuna and the Haunted Hot Springs
    Plus I'm waiting on the dub for the third season of Overlord to start.

Right now for me the strongest shows are Demon Lord and Yuuna. Demon Lord could be described as a more fan-service heavy version of Overlord, but it's definitely got its own vibe and I'm interested in seeing where the show goes. Yuuna, meanwhile, is a straight-up harem fan service show, so that's right up my alley to begin with. But it's been a fun watch so far.

I'm a little more on-the-fence about the others. Planet With is interesting but I've only watched one episode and I've got this nagging little feeling that it could get a little too heavy for my tastes. ISLAND is spinning a good mystery but the latest episode left me feeling like I had missed an episode somewhere. Not exactly good when we're only 3-4 episodes into the new season.

Master of Ragnarok is the one that I may just drop. The story itself had some potential despite being yet another "sent to another world" scenario. I was initially getting some similar vibes I got while watching Lord Marksman and Vanadis, but Master of Ragnarok just keeps coming across as shallow and not trying too hard.
    • Like x 1
  17. >>>KIra<<< Dedicated Player

Also been watching Steins Gate 0. I seen Steins gate and it was one of my favorites. Now I am watching Steins gate 0 and this also is starting to get good. Steins Gate really is a great anime and touches the heart
  18. DCUO Post Loyal Player

19. aurorabenz07 Loyal Player

Hey Everyone
    So in some surprising GUNDAM news or to be more specific, the IRON BLOODED ORPHANS world of Gundam, the official Twitter account revealed to fans to wait for a "continuation" which has sparked rampant speculation whether it will be a prequel or sequel :eek:
  20. Arwen Skywalker Loyal Player

Yup, im watching Chio's school road too (dubbed) and How Not to Summon....
    ofc Hero Academia still running, the rest are sports anime which recently got dubbed
    Hanebado (Badminton Play of Ayano Hanesaki), Harakuna Receive and Dive!
    • Like x 1